Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFR 6-key Prototype Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=111314)

bluguerrilla 08-9-2009 04:23 PM

Re: FFR 6-key Prototype Files

Could you put up a sim that's like... a 5?

stargroup 08-9-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluguerrilla (Post 3182166)
Could you put up a sim that's like... a 5?

we will once we get a few bugs out of the way and we increase the vertical dimension

problem is that if we keep uploading more and more files with bugs, we'd have to reupload each one later on after we fix them. we wanna fix the bugs as early as possible first

so in a way I guess I'm saying sorry for the wait, but we'll have files of all difficulties very soon.

bluguerrilla 08-9-2009 04:29 PM

No, that makes sense. It's really fun though. ;)

OneHandNow 08-9-2009 05:02 PM

i died very fast on heavens.. :O
cant we have 7 key instead like dj max? LOL

who_cares973 08-9-2009 05:03 PM

eight empty bedssssssssss

Garquillex 08-9-2009 05:57 PM

This would require a heavy-duty acceptance process to prevent "bad" or even "okay" files from being included since it's much easier to make a bad file when you have so many options.

I have been wanting to make stepfiles for a while now, but I have never been able to translate the music into steps in an elegant manner with only 4 arrows. With 6, perhaps so. Stepping is something I would be really good at, so I'm liking where this is going.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargroup (Post 3182110)
that was also written by me

Oh. Well then that's convenient. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneHandNow (Post 3182192)
cant we have 7 key instead like dj max? LOL

Just play the piano. -.-

Garquillex 08-9-2009 06:18 PM

Hmm. Instead of using diagonal arrows, how would "blocks" on both sides of the normal 4 arrows be? Like squares with rounded corners instead of more arrows. That way you'd still have the [left down up right] format without awkward diagonals, and it might look more visually appealing. And it might help make it all seem less wide and more comfortable to look at since the sides are more apparent.

stargroup 08-9-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garquillex (Post 3182268)
This would require a heavy-duty acceptance process to prevent "bad" or even "okay" files from being included since it's much easier to make a bad file when you have so many options.

We are REALLY hoping this will be the case. And it's completely possible if Tass would cooperate when the time comes. Ultimately it's in his power, but we have to hope that he'll understand.

Also we're not doing 7 key. Not yet at least. O2Jam or whatever it's called is fine enough, and FFR needs this more for several reasons which I will not disclose because I am lazy.

About the squares thing. Probably not. Optimally, we'll use a completely different noteskin similar to say orbular or notebar. If we use squares it won't be consistent.

Updated FAQ, added a checklist, and added a file that I think you guys will like hehe.

jugglinguy 08-9-2009 06:27 PM

I don't see any reason to stray from arrows. Just put them in the generally accepted order, and have them equally far apart (They may or may not be, it's hard to tell).

stargroup 08-9-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jugglinguy (Post 3182307)
I don't see any reason to stray from arrows. Just put them in the generally accepted order, and have them equally far apart (They may or may not be, it's hard to tell).

the ultimate problem with arrows is that is doesn't make sense. the directions mean nothing when you're playing spread. if anything, all these directions make it much more distracting. on top of that, you're gonna have people saying "hey isn't this like ddr?" and what are you gonna do, say it's not? they'll just point to the arrows

jugglinguy 08-9-2009 06:35 PM

First of all, most won't say it's DDR just because it's solo and they're stupid. If they say it's DDR, then what's the big deal? It's the same concept, and the arrows are just a good way to display notes. FFR, DDR, they're supposed to be similar.

Left, Upleft, Down, Up , Upright, Right makes a bit more sense, at least. That's a pretty good starting point. I suppose it could have multiple noteskins or something? That way it'd satisfy the FFR crowd and the SM Soloists

stargroup 08-9-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jugglinguy (Post 3182323)
First of all, most won't say it's DDR just because it's solo and they're stupid. If they say it's DDR, then what's the big deal? It's the same concept, and the arrows are just a good way to display notes. FFR, DDR, they're supposed to be similar.

Left, Upleft, Up, Down, Upright, Right makes a bit more sense, at least. That's a pretty good starting point. I suppose it could have multiple noteskins or something? That way it'd satisfy the FFR crowd and the SM Soloists

you still missed my main point, which is that it doesn't make sense. I suppose multiple noteskins would fix the problem though.

also you do realize that these people are not stupid, they just don't know anything about the game. in order to get them into the game you have to convince them it's not like something they already know, or obviously some of them won't even try it. also, if we're gonna be similar to ddr, why are we freaking out about being similar to sm?

the order you mentioned is the order used in stepmania, but since directions don't matter, we decided to leave it

The5thMoon 08-9-2009 06:39 PM

I say it should be made in to notebar+ skin ;)

TopherYohh 08-9-2009 07:01 PM

wow, great job man

jugglinguy 08-9-2009 07:07 PM

Just curious if anyone else thinks it was enlarged too much?

It might just take some time to get used to though.

Brycexx 08-9-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jugglinguy (Post 3182380)
Just curious if anyone else thinks it was enlarged too much?

It might just take some time to get used to though.

i agree its just a tad bit oversized.

Plan_Bsk81127 08-9-2009 07:22 PM

lol, I have to screencut the new height, I dont like the longer reading room for some reason. I just cant have that much space to read, it confuses me. D:

Vanilla Mnm 08-9-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3182401)
lol, I have to screencut the new height, I dont like the longer reading room for some reason. I just cant have that much space to read, it confuses me. D:

Same thing for me, maybe make an option to have it the way it was? Or we can just screencut it ourselves.

insanefreddy926 08-9-2009 07:27 PM

just increase the speed

stargroup 08-9-2009 07:27 PM

reducing by 50 pixels

stop whining rofl it makes it much easier to read