Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

UserNameGoesHere 10-1-2011 04:10 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

The Favorites genre is stored on your local computer. For proof of this, sign in, make a bunch of favorites, sign out. Then sign on a different computer and check your favorites. Or completely wipe your Flash cache and watch your favorites disappear.

So no, I really doubt there could be any metrics based on favorites unless favorites were stored on the server. And I'm guessing it's simply not worth the server storage space or it would already be there.

hXcalltheway 10-3-2011 12:54 AM

I would suggest somehow getting rid of all of the inactive users. By inactive I mean people that haven't been on in a year + ..I was browsing profiles and saw a few people that haven't logged on since '08 / '09.

Zageron 10-3-2011 12:59 AM

While they might be removed from highscore lists, they will never be deleted. (tm)

bmah 10-3-2011 01:00 AM

This has been suggested before and has been promptly denied. Consider the possibility that someone who hasn't visited FFR in a long time wanted to return and found out that his or her username has been erased, along with all of his or her gameplays. This would be very upsetting.

Oldies returning to FFR is not an uncommon occurrence.

-zeroSKILL- 10-3-2011 01:52 AM

I would still prefer that an inactive user's scores be removed from the highscore boards. The number of AAA's on some songs makes even a blackflag feel like a failure when you see your rank 500-1,000+.

People that are inactive for more than a year should have their scores on the leaderboards "ghosted", to keep the high scores current. However, should a player that has their scores "ghosted" return, all their ranks should also return.

I just think it unfair for new users to have to compete against ranks old users that aren't even around any more got. Especially since many of those scores on VC+ songs are just alts of pro players.

Alts need to gtfo. Play offline or something, stop making new accounts to ruin other peoples ranks.

Different topic

SUGGESTION:
Make the READY! thing that slides in from the left, and then disappear to the top slide in from the left, and then out to the right. That god damn thing gets right in the way of arrows on some songs, most notably TDSoK. It's hard as fuk for me to AAA the first 20 notes of TDSoK just because of that damn READY! thing. Please either get rid of it, or make it scroll off screen in a different direction.

justin_ator 10-3-2011 10:27 AM

It's embedded in the swf though, zeroSKILL...

TC_Halogen 10-3-2011 11:11 AM

The only way to fix that issue for the future would be to create a new level template that removes the layer for the "READY" image.

...alternatively, everyone can make sure that there's two seconds of space before the first step of the song, haha.

rushyrulz 10-3-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -zeroSKILL- (Post 3546070)
People that are inactive for more than a year should have their scores on the leaderboards "ghosted", to keep the high scores current. However, should a player that has their scores "ghosted" return, all their ranks should also return.

Good Idea? Definitely.
Possible? Hell, idk.

Oh and wipe the scores of kids who make retirement threads so they don't decide to come back next week like everybody does. not actually suggesting this, but cmon lol

Zageron 10-3-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3546180)
Oh and wipe the scores of kids who make retirement threads so they don't decide to come back next week like everybody does.

Oh, dick move. lolol

qqwref 10-3-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

I would still prefer that an inactive user's scores be removed from the highscore boards. The number of AAA's on some songs makes even a blackflag feel like a failure when you see your rank 500-1,000+.

The rationale for keeping scores of inactive players is exactly the same as the rationale for keeping results of dead sports legends. We should respect the accomplishments of anyone who beats our scores, whether or not they are still playing the game.

(EDIT: And the ghosting idea has a different problem - your avrank could change drastically when old users with good scores find the site again. Active players would actually have an incentive to prevent older players from rediscovering FFR, which is not something we want happening.)

Quote:

I just think it unfair for new users to have to compete against ranks old users that aren't even around any more got. Especially since many of those scores on VC+ songs are just alts of pro players.

It's not unfair if they actually legitimately got those scores - who cares if it was years ago? I do agree alts should be removed though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3546180)
Oh and wipe the scores of kids who make retirement threads so they don't decide to come back next week like everybody does.

Haha, noice.

TC_Halogen 10-7-2011 01:39 PM

Just wondering: would it be possible to have an in-game login on the Legacy engine?

Velocity 10-7-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3548128)
Just wondering: would it be possible to have an in-game login on the Legacy engine?

honestly, yes.
redoing all the server code, not fun.

remedy1502 10-10-2011 01:38 PM

MP on your engine would be nice. I would actually go in mp for the reason that I wouldn't have to find the link for the "MP Engine."
And also cause I play better with the velocity noteskin and I do worse on the other engine.

rushyrulz 10-10-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3546214)
The ghosting idea has a different problem - your avrank could change drastically when old users with good scores find the site again. Active players would actually have an incentive to prevent older players from rediscovering FFR, which is not something we want happening.

You act like all the active users would all take the greedy and selfish approach by shunning returning users when in fact, if this was implemented (and I still don't know if it would even be possible) I can almost guarantee that active players wouldn't hold some kind of grudge against returning players because it effects their average rank by half of a point.

In a hypothetical scenario where this is implemented and Shash were to come back to FFR, I wouldn't be angry at all because I know that Shash did work for all his ranks and he deserves every score that he ever got. If people are getting all butthurt because a god tier all of the sudden came back to FFR, that's their problem and they're just jealous.

Dismissing the possibility that all previous FFR users would come back and we could have a big happy family again, ghosting scores from year+ inactive accounts isn't a bad way to keep the leaderboards from crowding with an astronomically high amount of AAAs. It is getting to that point where a blackflag simply isn't a good score anymore because of the MASSIVE amount of AAAs, especially on songs difficulty 9 and below.

Some would argue that it's unfair to the people with inactive accounts that their scores are being ignored, but do you really think they care about their scores being recognized when they haven't even thought about the website in over a year? Even so, their scores would be unghosted the minute they logged onto the site and there would be no issue.

But seriously guys?

XCV 10-10-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3546214)

(EDIT: And the ghosting idea has a different problem - your avrank could change drastically when old users with good scores find the site again. Active players would actually have an incentive to prevent older players from rediscovering FFR, which is not something we want happening.)

This is a good point except for the fact that the change is minuscule.

Suppose Shash comes back. Presumably, he's only played about 700 songs, max. Even if he AAAd all of them, your rank on any of those songs you haven't nailed yourself would go up by...one. Your total avrank would go up by 700/935 = .749 points, and probably less than that. And if you're good enough that that truly makes a difference, then at the very most you have about 100 songs left to get. A total increase of about .106, even if he beats you on every single one. So really, you might lose a few tenths of a point, if that.

The max increase is one, and that's if you haven't AAAd anything at all. Even if 50 such players came back, it wouldn't make all that much of a difference.

Also, might I suggest that we unghost their scores the minute they pass a song?

yo man im awesome 10-10-2011 08:13 PM

This suggestion has to do with Velo's engine, with the new update where the time is displayed on the top rght during games.

In the setting menu, under "Visual", how about adding another option labeled "time". It's options would be "Elapsed/Remaining".

This way, you can have it like it is now or, have it so that maybe if you're looking for a specific part of a song you can't do well on at all, RATO for example, you can use Elapsed to find the time where you're struggling at.

DarknessXoXLight 10-10-2011 08:21 PM

Wiping all alt account scores~

igotrhythm 10-10-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3549547)
This suggestion has to do with Velo's engine, with the new update where the time is displayed on the top rght during games.

In the setting menu, under "Visual", how about adding another option labeled "time". It's options would be "Elapsed/Remaining".

This way, you can have it like it is now or, have it so that maybe if you're looking for a specific part of a song you can't do well on at all, RATO for example, you can use Elapsed to find the time where you're struggling at.

I like this, actually. People generally talk about "the part at X combo" to refer to a specific point in a song where they have issues, but what if you can't FC up to that part? +1

yo man im awesome 10-10-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotrhythm (Post 3549560)
I like this, actually. People generally talk about "the part at X combo" to refer to a specific point in a song where they have issues, but what if you can't FC up to that part? +1

That was exactly what I meant by "struggling with". Especially when it comes to combo. Maybe you'd like Hakulye to make an iso of a part, but you have no idea where it is?

-zeroSKILL- 10-10-2011 08:49 PM

rushy said everything that needed to be said, and provided a perfect example.

There is just no way there are 400+ people actively playing FFR that can AAA CIA Rave. I'm sure at least half of the first 200 people to AAA it probably don't even play any more, and then probably 5%-10% of the other AAA's are alts.

+1 to ghosting scores of inactive players. I got no grudge against them returning, and would actually encourage it. A few more good players returning isn't going to destroy my ranks, and even if it did, it's just motivation to do better. But competing against people that don't even play any more, and having their rank make mine look worse? I don't like that :|