Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

krunkykai22 03-10-2011 04:17 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

And in that case you put the file under a "controversial" review. You take the file and send it to JX and bmah and take the mean of there ratings.

IE;

TC_Halogen = 5
qqwref = 5
i love you = 1
samurai = 1

Goes to JX and bmah

JX = 5
bmah = 3

Score = 4

Or any other two judges that would fit the profile so to say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3432549)
Because 5/3/3/2 would be passing lol. Take out the oddball and (3+3+2)/3 = 2.6 (rightful reject)

Not if the passing grade is a 4. :) Which is what it should be. 3.7 to be exact.

Mans0n 03-10-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3432544)
I'll be updating the notes in a moment, and yes, you're right.

****in sweet, thanks bmah u da man.

that includes all simfile judges as well.

rushyrulz 03-10-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krunkykai22 (Post 3432551)
Not if the passing grade is a 4. :) Which is what it should be. 3.7 to be exact.

5/4/3/2 would be passing, your move :)

TC_Halogen 03-10-2011 04:20 PM

Using an averaging system with a huge spread of ratings (5/5/5/1, 5/5/4/1, 5/5/1/2, w/e), you can have JX/bmah come in to add a 5th and 6th rating to help level (or lower if rightfully deserved).

That might help with files that have wild ranges.

krunkykai22 03-10-2011 04:21 PM

Yeah a 5-3-3-2 file isn't passing. Put it to the calculator it equals out at = 3.6666 whatever.

Under the 3.7 passing grade it does not pass.

3-5-4 would pass with an average 4.
4-4-4 Would pass obviously with an average 4.

It would make things easier to use 3.7/3.8 which would be borderline really good files.

EDIT: yeah I know it would pass. But 3 is an average grade. Meaning it would pass if you look at school grades. C is average to be honest, and you pass with that.

A 5
B 4
C 3
D 2
F 1

There.

i love you 03-10-2011 04:24 PM

So getting straight B's in this judging system is considered a conditional?!

Man, getting an FFR education ain't no joke.

@ Bmah, am i allow to post my notes here?

ichliebekase 03-10-2011 04:24 PM

With the whole average stuff, all of the notes written would have to be put into consideration no matter what. If a file gets 5 3 3 2 and the person who gave the 2 has fully legitimate reasons as to why they gave that rating and ways to fix it, then obviously it'd have to truly be considered. It's all conditional.

Plan_Bsk81127 03-10-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3432538)
YES, I AM SUFFERING TO THE MIDDLE SECTION OF THE SONG, THANKS FOR ASKING

Assuming suffering means referring in your language, no, I'm not talking about the middle. ;)

I'm actually referring to the introduction, where you have repeated descending scales, and the first note is accented with a jump. It's just a descending 4-3-2-1-4-3-2-1 (etc.) scale that repeats over and over again. When the strings come in, you could have an actual excuse to use jumps if you so chose to.

A lot of the pitch relevancy in the song is generally incorrect in terms of following the piano, and while I understand the accenting of jumps for heavier sounds or a louder piano, you should still try to improve upon the general pitch because the song itself is relatively short.

Ight, I'll look into it some more. Was kinda thinking it was the middle part at first since that was one of the parts I was iffy about, but I'll relook through it and mess around with it a bit to see what comes out. Piano songs are tricky so im still learning about the whole correct PR to use and such for them. lol.

krunkykai22 03-10-2011 04:27 PM

You know, Byron that is the best post I've seen in a long time.

If you look at the way judging and reviews have gone in the past 3 or 4 batches, you'll see just how strict the majority of people have gotten.

The file would have to be amazing to pass to be honest.

This system with a 3.8 makes the files Great. Not AMAZING because to be honest, some files may be great to some and shitty to another. RATO/DP/grind2/RAN for example. Those files to some are the shittiest things ever. But to the judges it passed.

And, in my opinion, not all songs have to be FANTASTIC OR AMAZING to 3/4 judges for the file to pass. It can be acceptable.

TC_Halogen 03-10-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3432562)
Ight, I'll look into it some more. Was kinda thinking it was the middle part at first since that was one of the parts I was iffy about, but I'll relook through it and mess around with it a bit to see what comes out. Piano songs are tricky so im still learning about the whole correct PR to use and such for them. lol.

Hey man, it comes with a lot of practice. Here's a general idea for you to follow for songs that have a running melody (and therefore will be your main source of layering) -- try to make running melodies PR'd, and then any accents that play along side of them that you choose, to be free-form. This way, you can accurately represent your running melody with good pitch, and then accurately account for accents by increases in layering when they're due.

Also, not really going to go about how to deal with the rating system; it might upset some people. All I will say is, 16 should be a borderline, but only 4/4/4/4 should pass without an appeal of any sort (4 +.'s equals consistency).

who_cares973 03-10-2011 04:58 PM

jesus christ stop your bitching

dossar stop with your butthurt bullshit

everyone else stop with your butthurt bullshit

DEAL WITH IT BITCHES IF YOU DONT LIKE IT SUBMIT YOUR SHIT TO ANOTHER SITE/PACK OR RELEASE AS A SINGLE

bmah 03-10-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mans0n (Post 3432552)
****in sweet, thanks bmah u da man.

that includes all simfile judges as well.

ok, done

kommisar 03-10-2011 06:06 PM

Get over your files being rejected and seek insightful ways to make your files better rather than make up excuses and try to work around the system :/

Mans0n 03-10-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3432609)
ok, done

and you dont have to stop being a cool guy unless you want to.
So JX is the only one that updates the queue list?

jimerax 03-10-2011 06:09 PM

I don't see the point to make this system way more lenient than it is now, like insta-accepting 15-16/20.

Also there's a voting system for borderline files, so not really a big deal.

ichliebekase 03-10-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3432595)
jesus christ stop your bitching

dossar stop with your butthurt bullshit

everyone else stop with your butthurt bullshit

DEAL WITH IT BITCHES IF YOU DONT LIKE IT SUBMIT YOUR SHIT TO ANOTHER SITE/PACK OR RELEASE AS A SINGLE

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3432644)
Get over your files being rejected and seek insightful ways to make your files better rather than make up excuses and try to work around the system :/

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3432648)
I don't see the point to make this system way more lenient than it is now, like insta-accepting 15-16/20.

Also there's a voting system for borderline files, so not really a big deal.

To be honest, you guys wouldn't be saying that if it happened to you where you got extreme scores on files without proper justification :/

~Zero~ 03-10-2011 06:22 PM

I will fix up SS eventually, thanks for the reviews!

iironiic 03-10-2011 06:23 PM

Repost since my question wasn't answered:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iironiic (Post 3432478)
I'd like to let you all know that my file is actually a borderline file.

[+][+][+?][+?] = 16 not 17.

EDIT: May I still send in a resubmission, or will I have to wait for next batch?

leonid 03-10-2011 06:25 PM

Even if the current judging system gets changed, you guys will complain about it anyway if your files get rejected