Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117933)

AlexDest 01-23-2013 05:51 PM

Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

ok so i finished watching through the following 3 episodes:

apple family reunion
spike at your service
keep calm and flutter on

the first two were okay. i feel like this season is getting way too many solo episodes and it diverts our attention away from the whole group of the mane 6.

keep calm and flutter on just almost made me lose the appeal of this show. an episode of discord being reformed in itself obviously doesn't serve any good ideas being put into. the revelation of discord not having a friend was just thrown in there randomly, you'd expect him to be one who goes solo because of his chaotic power and uncaring nature, but no they went and ruined his character. also the climax of the episode was extremely rushed through and wasn't all that satisfying (teddy antonio this is where you can stop writing stories for mlp). the desperation pretty much hit the peak of this season.

Kage_No_Shi 01-24-2013 02:19 AM

So far I'm liking Season 3. Spike at your Service aside. That one just seemed really forced (Spike is not that clumsy dangit).

I do agree that reforming Discord was a bit out of place, but it was a pretty good episode otherwise. I mean, teary-eyed Discord was adorable XD

Crashfan3 01-25-2013 02:24 AM

I've got mixed feelings about Keep Calm and Flutter On. It was fairly well-executed given the constraints but anything with Discord involved obviously has some serious implications on the Ponyville environment and a single 22-minute episode is not enough to present a proper story. Also, the whole "evildoer ceases his evil deeds because he made a friend" scenario is extremely cliché.

Crashfan3 01-29-2013 03:09 PM

I think this is getting just a little too far out of hand.

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/01/29...ight-princess/

Xiz 01-29-2013 03:16 PM

After Lauren Faust left, MLP has gone down hill. A lot.

The removal of Derpy and making Twilight an alicorn princess will be the end of MLP.

EDIT:

Alex, i agree with everything you said there lol

Crashfan3 02-17-2013 03:15 AM

Sooooo.... opinions on the season 3 finale?

(damn it, I'll keep this thread alive no matter what!)

JohnRedWolf87 02-17-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashfan3 (Post 3863360)
Sooooo.... opinions on the season 3 finale?

(damn it, I'll keep this thread alive no matter what!)

I actually enjoyed it. Interested to see what Season 4 has in store.

Also, "What My Cutie Mark is Telling Me" and "A True, True Friend" have become additions to my list of favorite songs from the show.

FissionMailed1 02-17-2013 03:20 AM

Most opinions have been posted in the Team Pony thread. I thought it was the best episode of the season personally.

Eagerly waiting for Part 2 and 3.

Kage_No_Shi 11-12-2013 09:50 PM

*bumps thread*

I disappear for most of a year and hardly any posts since then? Well, that sucks a bit.

I'm looking forward to Season 4 at least.

Nyokou 11-14-2013 09:50 PM

Well, the last season ended a while ago but I'm sure this thread will be active again once the new season starts. Which is soon. Feel like this month is going by super fast for some reason. :)

DissonantMuse 11-14-2013 09:53 PM

Season 4 HYPE!!

Xiz 11-14-2013 09:59 PM

When does it come out?

DissonantMuse 11-14-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4024749)
When does it come out?

November 23rd so Next Saturday!

TC_Halogen 11-23-2013 06:44 PM

I am very surprised that this thread has no new posts coming after the season 4 premiere.

I have mixed feelings about the opening of season 4, but I certainly have more good things to say than bad. I will say this -- anyone who thought the show was going to be complete crap after Twilight became an alicorn was more than likely proven wrong; I was someone who was quite iffy about Twilight being an alicorn/princess myself, and I was actually satisfied with the result.

Some neat things (in my opinion): in this episode, you do get to see Twilight give a commanding order to the Royal Guard, which is pretty neat considering that she was relatively uncomfortable assuming her responsibilities as a princess. You also get to see Twilight in a very vulnerable position after her friends tell her to leave the Everfree Forest when she gets in harm's way -- even though her friends are trying to care for her, she takes it somewhat offensively (battle between responsibility as a princess and her friendship with the other five ponies).

Another plus: visuals have definitely been stepped up a bit. Things look a lot sharper and more detailed than they did before.

The weak point for this season in my opinion, was the Tree of Harmony. Granted, while the show did provide an explanation as to why nothing happened, I can't help but feel like it was really rushed. Why was the tree never mentioned previously? With Twilight's constant obsession with reading and knowing everything about the past, wouldn't she have run into something in regards to it?

I also do find it odd that Celestia/Luna know very little about the tree too.

Also, lol Discord

Fission 11-23-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4030111)
Also, lol Discord

you got something you want to say? (punch)

also, i agree with everything you said but i don't have that critical of a mindset when watching episodes (unless they are completely unenjoyable)

JohnRedWolf87 11-24-2013 02:31 AM

I wonder what's inside the mystery box?

L.B.D.D 11-24-2013 02:53 AM

..The Horses Rise Again..

AlexDest 11-27-2013 11:07 PM

neat season

Kage_No_Shi 12-3-2013 08:05 AM

I think the first double eps were quite good. Pinkie Pie is a bit too inconsistent. In some eps she's a somewhat random pony that get down to business and sometimes bends or breaks the fourth wall...And other times she's just just plain insane for no real reason >_>

Episode 3 was leaked in LQ apparently, and it properly aired on Saturday. I'm still waiting on version with English Subs (should be soon). Great community, people putting in their own time to sub it for people like me who can't hear it well (or translate and sub it for those that need that).

Fission 12-3-2013 09:19 AM

i've been pretty indifferent towards the show in general as of late. i still watch it but it's something i can wait to watch, so to speak.