Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   6th Official FFR Tournament - Is over, Congrats to all our winners! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121029)

FFRGreen 11-6-2011 03:52 AM

Re: 6th Official FFR Tournament - Signups are open!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULTIMEGA (Post 3563319)
Eventually. I don't really see it happening any time soon, though.

Only Rubix can beat him.

Movman 11-6-2011 05:00 AM

How do u sign up!

Xayphon 11-6-2011 05:19 AM

Read the first post people

ya

eddieownz 11-6-2011 05:51 AM

wow this is fucced. i cant practice for 3 f-ing days, bc a few days ago i sharpened my buddies saw blade with a dremel and didn't put safety glasses on like a douche bag, well a piece of metal hit me in the eye i rubbed it thought nothing of it. that last 2 days my eyes been hurting hella bad and ive been practicing the last 2 days its really hard to play when you got to blink every 5 seconds seriously. so tonight i went to the ER bc i didn't want to do bad for the tournament (seriously) the doctor comes in with this stupid eye machine and looks in my eye and was a douche bc i couldn't open my eye, hate doctors, any way turns out i got a chunk of metal right next to my puple he took it out and now i got a crater where my piece of metal goes he gave me some eye shit but no pain killers, ***. now i only got one eye i can open i cant see anything out of the other.... this is stupid, im still gunna try. wish me luck and don't laugh at my daily stats cuz they are gunna be trash :(

xXAll-ProXx 11-6-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddieownz (Post 3563413)
wow this is fucced. i cant practice for 3 f-ing days, bc a few days ago i sharpened my buddies saw blade with a dremel and didn't put safety glasses on like a douche bag, well a piece of metal hit me in the eye i rubbed it thought nothing of it. that last 2 days my eyes been hurting hella bad and ive been practicing the last 2 days its really hard to play when you got to blink every 5 seconds seriously. so tonight i went to the ER bc i didn't want to do bad for the tournament (seriously) the doctor comes in with this stupid eye machine and looks in my eye and was a douche bc i couldn't open my eye, hate doctors, any way turns out i got a chunk of metal right next to my puple he took it out and now i got a crater where my piece of metal goes he gave me some eye shit but no pain killers, ***. now i only got one eye i can open i cant see anything out of the other.... this is stupid, im still gunna try. wish me luck and don't laugh at my daily stats cuz they are gunna be trash :(

This sounds pretty intense, hope you get better. And I suggest you don't participate if it's going to affect your vision in any way. There are tournaments going on almost at any given time, this is just official, which won't really make that much of a difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFRGreen (Post 3563370)
Only Rubix used to beat him.

fixed. I doubt he can even get his skills back after all this time of retirement + his carpal tunnel.

eddieownz 11-6-2011 07:27 AM

yeah :( well i got to try and practice. im not doing to bad with one eye really :D and i moved my speed from 1.7x to 1.8 times today and im kicking ass. ive been playing for 3 months i think? well i started right when the site got closed i played for like 2 weeks. then right be for it opened i was playing on the light darkness engine so i really need the practice but thanks for caring <3 i wont push my self to far. :D

Edit: btw. im going to be the best, lol. i was the best at guitar hero i love these kinds of games im a fast learner and really nerd out on them, ive been playing 8 hours a day on this site and havnt played for that long, 80% of my fcs are 8-10 lvl songs, i random 8-10 songs all day and fc most first try :D you should practice with me i wanna make a name for my self after this tourney... (atleast try hard)

SlayerApocalypse666 11-6-2011 07:49 AM

Last tournament i asked to be put in a lower tier because i cannot pass round 2 in the official tournaments, i think its BS, i want to compete a while and not be crushed. Oh la la !!!!

eddieownz 11-6-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerApocalypse666 (Post 3563435)
Last tournament i asked to be put in a lower tier because i cannot pass round 2 in the official tournaments, i think its BS, i want to compete a while and not be crushed. Oh la la !!!!

yeah me to, i can fc up to 10 but i cant tripple a anything lol well i could but im still working on upping speed. but what ever it dont matter to me iim just gunna try my best and see how i do :D

Darkbreezee 11-6-2011 08:20 AM

same here ... looking forward to see those "battles" ^^

DossarLX ODI 11-6-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddieownz (Post 3563413)

Wow that's really unfortunate - it's amazing to see you still invest time into this game with that type of obstacle, but if it's really bad I seriously think you should consider just taking a break.

Also FFRGreen, you need to be careful how you word that (All-Pro noticed it as well) - if you told Marcus to do any decently hard file now, he'd probably have trouble just PASSING. (Of course, this also puts aside a ton of other factors, but that's not needed here)

alloyus 11-6-2011 08:21 AM

It's wayyy better to work on your accuracy rather than improving your speed mod (particularly in your skill legs area and if what you're trying to do is prepare for a tournament. For pretty much all tournaments, the people who do the best are the people who don't just FC, but the people who have good accuracy (although, to be fair, you will have to FC your round's song in this tournament, but I seriously recommend not just trying to improve your speed mod all the time unless it seems really slow, I've tried doing it twice in the past and both times I ended up going back to what I'm used to and skill boosted just because I wasn't ENTIRELY 100% comfortable with the change. Not trying to tell you what to do, just trying to be helpful :) ))

iironiic 11-6-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alloyus (Post 3563442)
It's wayyy better to work on your accuracy rather than improving your speed mod (particularly in your skill legs area and if what you're trying to do is prepare for a tournament. For pretty much all tournaments, the people who do the best are the people who don't just FC, but the people who have good accuracy (although, to be fair, you will have to FC your round's song in this tournament, but I seriously recommend not just trying to improve your speed mod all the time unless it seems really slow, I've tried doing it twice in the past and both times I ended up going back to what I'm used to and skill boosted just because I wasn't ENTIRELY 100% comfortable with the change. Not trying to tell you what to do, just trying to be helpful :) ))

This. The fact that FFR is a combo based scoring game stresses that FCing any song is a better score than scores with great accuracy but a few misses. However, those who continue to try an maintain that great accuracy tends to excel at an unfathomable rate. I remembered that in the 5th Official tournament, I was placed in D3 even though I cannot FC 7's at the time. By strictly focusing on accuracy, I came out of that tournament being able to AAA 10s consistently, even though I placed 40th of 300ish people. I really hope situations similar to this will happen in this tournament.

eddieownz 11-6-2011 09:03 AM

thanks dossar for the thought. im not going to push my self to where im going to go blind or nothing that shit would suck, but i can still see a little out of my eye and i just need the light for my equilibrium, if it starts hurting ill take a break :D

alloyus and iironiic

i understand what you guys are saying, im just randoming songs and learning more spreads and playing new files to get a taste of everything, im fc all the songs first be for i aaa them bc this will give me the skil to do it, i do good on fc i don't just mash the keys i try and hit them as well, after i fc all the songs im going to aaa, but im going to try and practice aaa for now and take the advice bc yeah its gunna be a aaa fest lol. the speed i was rising bc it is slow and the notes are to close for me to be accurate, im hoping to get to 1.85 for the tourney, no matter what im going to try my hardest and try and take a shit on all of you :D haha jk, thanks for the advice :D

AlexDest 11-6-2011 01:19 PM

switched to the windows classic theme (finally) so no more lag on the standalone, watch out D6 \o/

justin_ator 11-6-2011 01:41 PM

LOL ALEXDEST FROM NOWHERE here we go. I'm ready to see how this all plays out. I've been telling people to switch to classic theme forever now rofl. It reduces lag more than people think.

snlrock2 11-6-2011 01:57 PM

yay im in!!!this is my 2nd tourney.first 1 was zekramcross fire and lightning

xXAll-ProXx 11-6-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexDest (Post 3563535)
switched to the windows classic theme (finally) so no more lag on the standalone, watch out D6 \o/

I love how you made a vid of yourself deleting all of your SM files and convinced everyone that you're quitting for good, and now you're back and ready to pwn ffr.

Emithith 11-6-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3563541)
LOL ALEXDEST FROM NOWHERE here we go. I'm ready to see how this all plays out. I've been telling people to switch to classic theme forever now rofl. It reduces lag more than people think.

Unless you have my shitty computer. I have GB, Windows Classic theme, and no processes that I don't need up, and still lag. lmao

leonid 11-6-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3563073)
I think all three of them have signed up, actually.

I didn't sign up.. oops :(

(btw where my t-shirt at)

Poison- 11-6-2011 05:44 PM

Leo sign up please.

psychoangel691 11-6-2011 06:07 PM

Up to 356 signups now, starting to slow down. I had guessed we'd prob get about 500 signups total for this one. Looks like it may be on track to hit about that many.

eddieownz 11-6-2011 06:29 PM

now we try hard >:). i moved speed to 1.85 to i went from 1.7 to 1.85 in 2 days and its perfect, i see all the notes clearly and im working on accuracy its going good :D who wants to team and play some mp? someone who plays 8-11 im not to great at fcing 11s but i haven't tried on this speed so someone play me!

and am i the only one practicing more than 8 hours a day for this? god im a nerd :D

Poison- 11-6-2011 06:31 PM

Some people are working out just for this tournament.

Andrew Mitchell 11-6-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 3563681)

LOL

Poison- 11-6-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Mitchell (Post 3563683)
LOL

I don't see how being healthy is so funny, but okay.

eddieownz 11-6-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 3563681)

fist pomp, push up, chap sticking this shit :D no but really i am i wanna do good, thats what i love about this site, sense ive been a member ive been busy with cool fun stuff on the site they always got something new to do on here :D plus nice people. now i got the chance to show my skill:D sooo i need to play more than anyone out there til it starts (:

Poison- 11-6-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddieownz (Post 3563688)
fist pomp, push up, chap sticking this shit :D no but really i am i wanna do good, thats what i love about this site, sense ive been a member ive been busy with cool fun stuff on the site they always got something new to do on here :D plus nice people. now i got the chance to show my skill:D sooo i need to play more than anyone out there til it starts (:

Play Stepmania too. It'll help you a lot.

samurai7694 11-6-2011 07:02 PM

I used to do push ups and Stepmania regularly and it helped. just gotta PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT

Magicturbo 11-6-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 3563697)

What if you don't like Stepmania's 'feel'?

Andrew Mitchell 11-6-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicturbo (Post 3563727)
What if you don't like Stepmania's 'feel'?

then do extra push ups

reuben_tate 11-6-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Mitchell (Post 3563730)
then do extra push ups

With just your index and middle fingers (assuming you play spread...) :lol:

Magicturbo 11-6-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3563732)
With just your index and middle fingers (assuming you play spread...) :lol:

One hand, 3 fingers T_T

t-rogdor 11-6-2011 07:50 PM

signed up, gonna lose, let's do this

DossarLX ODI 11-6-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

An alternative is also my engine, but it mainly consists of FMO+ files. I personally think it would be better to get a little out of your comfort zone, though - that's what made me do high rates on stepmania in the first place

lumphoboextreme 11-6-2011 08:50 PM

I better be in a low division, I'm terrible.

Netjet! 11-6-2011 09:02 PM

Signed up, prepare for FAIL!

Arbliterator 11-6-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddieownz (Post 3563680)
now we try hard >:). i moved speed to 1.85 to i went from 1.7 to 1.85 in 2 days and its perfect, i see all the notes clearly and im working on accuracy its going good :D who wants to team and play some mp? someone who plays 8-11 im not to great at fcing 11s but i haven't tried on this speed so someone play me!

and am i the only one practicing more than 8 hours a day for this? god im a nerd :D

I'd love to play mp with you, I play mostly 9 to 11s so you sound like a good match.

Also you're not alone, I play for hours too lol.

Emithith 11-6-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 3563686)
I don't see how being healthy is so funny, but okay.

It's funny because being physically stronger wont help. Having consistent PA, and Speed will be what determines this tournament.
(If strength was a factor, damn, Dossar and Leonid and samurai, etc must be like freaking benchpressing some damn fine weights.)

Quote:

Increased PA will definitely benefit from this. Too much is a bad thing because the accuracy system seems to be different on FFR.

FRANKKK 11-6-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumphoboextreme (Post 3563748)
I better be in a low division, I'm terrible.

same for me please im horrible now

Magicturbo 11-6-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRANKKK (Post 3563767)
same for me please im horrible now

Lol, I love how it's not gonna change anything... Thank goodness for us noobs... <3

v0lcom 11-6-2011 10:01 PM

I signed up so I could see how bad I am.

linebro 11-6-2011 10:10 PM

well, im an infamous Thirdstyle player so ill try my luck here :P

The_Toymaker 11-6-2011 11:10 PM

Linebro you're notorious for being garbage. (o:

ScarletSky 11-6-2011 11:55 PM

oh shi- man, this things had a ton of posts and the damn thing hasn't even started yet.
This is gonna be an awesome tournament, I know it already.

XxMidigamixX 11-7-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarletSky (Post 3563836)
oh shi- man, this things had a ton of posts and the damn thing hasn't even started yet.

And FFRama :3

psychoangel691 11-7-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarletSky (Post 3563836)

This is nothing, shoulda seen the last one.

SlayerApocalypse666 11-7-2011 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3563862)
This is nothing, shoulda seen the last one.

My division is a joke, can you please move me already, i want d3, thx, if you don't move me i'll just pass and wont play at all.

''But phil, we don't give a shit if you don't play, don't be a baby''

Alright. i'm sry i made u lose time by clicking sub button next time i'll just pass. SRY AGAIN.

psychoangel691 11-7-2011 12:59 AM

Your division? I haven't even placed you yet.

bmah 11-7-2011 01:00 AM

I think it was a reference to the previous tourney...(?)

psychoangel691 11-7-2011 01:02 AM

He used is rather than was so wasn't too sure as to what he was getting at.

Xx{Midnight}xX 11-7-2011 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3563865)
Your division? I haven't even placed you yet.

What is placing people? Who the hell has that much free time on their hands? What is love?

<3

psychoangel691 11-7-2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3563868)
What is placing people? Who the hell has that much free time on their hands? What is love?

<3

I have 60 left out of the 365 to do for quick placements lol.

00Razor00 11-7-2011 01:51 AM

I wanna be in D1.

hi19hi19 11-7-2011 01:55 AM

I wanna be in D37

justin_ator 11-7-2011 02:09 AM

d0 plz?

Glad to hear temp placements are coming along nicely, means you should be on track for the start date still.

Magicturbo 11-7-2011 05:26 AM

I'm pretty bad at this game.. Since everyone else is requesting, can I request -D ?

pmonibuv1 11-7-2011 06:56 AM

Dpmon pl0x.

Alizeehibye 11-7-2011 08:05 AM

um i was wondering if theres is going to be a group for one hander players cause ive yet to see one on this site its not like im going to try and bet players that use to hands on songs that are made for two handed players using just my one handed style id get raped so plz think of making a single handed tornement or group that means a tourne using song difficulty 5-9 as ive yet to see someone FC anything higher and if they say they have they are lying unless they where playing that on SM plz i just want to see what im like compaired to everyone else if it not possible then put me in to a group with the best players possible then if im gonna get beat i wanna get bet by only the best and i mean only the best i hate getting beat by the wrost bloody hell i am in the top 2500th on this dam site so that must mean something

SlayerApocalypse666 11-7-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alizeehibye (Post 3563941)
hell i am in the top 2500th on this dam site so that must mean something

Meaningless.

leonid 11-7-2011 08:35 AM

I'm in the top 78th but even that doesn't mean anything so yeah sorry

alloyus 11-7-2011 08:47 AM

sk8r(some#) or something can AAA VC's with one hand :P

Alizeehibye 11-7-2011 08:49 AM

meaningless is a word made by people that cant be bothered to look for it
and yes i know being in the top anything dont mean crap but i just erg damit just put me into a group for the tournement and then tell me what to do and ill try my best
even thought ive never fc any of the songs that ive read that are in it

who_cares973 11-7-2011 09:25 AM

dont listen to anyone here theyre trying to psyche you out. just do your best and see where that takes you :^)

Emithith 11-7-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alizeehibye (Post 3563951)
meaningless is a word made by people that cant be bothered to look for it
and yes i know being in the top anything dont mean crap but i just erg damit just put me into a group for the tournement and then tell me what to do and ill try my best
even thought ive never fc any of the songs that ive read that are in it

Calm down, you are allowing yourself to become agitated by members of the site that have no more control of where they are placed than you do. Try your best on the songs that get thrown at you (after we all find out what division we are in.) and I am sure you'll do fine. :)

flashpantss 11-7-2011 09:39 AM

This tourney, is going to be amazing.

leonid 11-7-2011 09:44 AM

I'll just wait and see how long it will take for my t-shirt to arrive

Magicturbo 11-7-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

using song difficulty 5-9 as ive yet to see someone FC anything higher and if they say they have they are lying

I play onehanded and I've FC-ed a few level 10's and gaining, soon to FC a level 11... I don't play stepmania either... There are also pros out there who can do so much more... It just takes helluva lot of practice.. just keep going at it, you'll get better. Use this tourney to get better

bmah 11-7-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

um i was wondering if theres is going to be a group for one hander players

To answer your question, the answer is most certainly a no for this tournament. The difficulty in playing with one hand is incentive enough for most people to transition to two-handed playing. That's not to say though that you can't become good with one hand. Ultimately, scoring with one hand is a handicap.

justin_ator 11-7-2011 10:03 AM

bmah is right, Alizeehibye, most one handed players will reach a skill cap much sooner than two handed players. There are a few one handed players out there that still score some impressive scores, but even most of the one-handed elite have switched to two hand. It's just ultimately more versatile, and that's an objective fact. Play how you are comfortable though, and give it your best! You'll do fine.

Magicturbo 11-7-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3563965)
bmah is right, Alizeehibye, most one handed players will reach a skill cap much sooner than two handed players. There are a few one handed players out there that still score some impressive scores, but even most of the one-handed elite have switched to two hand. It's just ultimately more versatile, and that's an objective fact. Play how you are comfortable though, and give it your best! You'll do fine.

Who would be considered an elite in one-hand?

who_cares973 11-7-2011 10:19 AM

bynaryfission or however you spell it
8hourwhore
rb_quackies
and other which i cant remember though most of them retired forever ago

Emo_Saur_ 11-7-2011 10:22 AM

I play one handed.

jk

justin_ator 11-7-2011 10:24 AM

I play one handed on vrofl when I quad mash, does that count?

Emo_Saur_ 11-7-2011 10:27 AM

all of my AIM Anthem scores are one handed.

Darkbreezee 11-7-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emo_Saur_ (Post 3563974)
all of my AIM Anthem scores are one handed.

well thats pretty astonishing .., still i think if you play index / onehanded or whatsoever there is a limit, you will reach a spot, and from that on , you wont get any better.

Emithith 11-7-2011 10:38 AM

Index is definitely harder than spread to get good at. I have a friend who played spread after index and his scores were insane.

Magicturbo 11-7-2011 10:40 AM

Yeah, Index is annoying.. but it feels soooo good to hit those streams.. I feel like my PA is through the roof on a lot of patterns

xXAll-ProXx 11-7-2011 10:43 AM

+ Sk48T3R or however you spell it.

pmonibuv1 11-7-2011 11:03 AM

I'm stuck in a skill cap and i'm 2 handed. ;__;

MinaciousGrace 11-7-2011 12:03 PM

choosing to play one handed is like choosing to saw off a limb and go through life with only 3 because it's more rewarding and challenging

just sayin