Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Presidential Debates (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145603)

DaBackpack 10-9-2016 08:55 PM

Re: The Presidential Debates

this is a fucking joke

Kawaii025 10-9-2016 09:08 PM

Pls send help for my depleting mental state.

inDheart 10-9-2016 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4483326)
this is not at all what a normal debate is like, right?

yeah, usually i don't think we see so much of their legs

(i turned it off after 5 minutes, after drumpf promised to get investigators on clinton once he gets elected, ugh)

i think they were wearing the "right" colors this time though

MarcusHawkins 10-9-2016 09:44 PM

Okay, the Second debate just finished, and I must say; A large majority of the things that the two said went over the timeframe that was allotted, which shows how hard-heated the two were at trying their "best" to get their points across. It also showed how much they really hate each other, and how "desperate" they are at wanting to become President.

I'm not sure if even HALF of the things that they said they'd do, or the things they said they DIDN'T do were true. Most of the time, they didn't even answer the questions, they just rambled over things they've said over and over again since the beginning of this election, it's sickening.

I did like how they ended with a fitting last question about positive comments with each other, and they shook hands at the end as well (which they didn't do at the beginning)

tl;dr They hate each other and they say what they want/believe while defended it to the death whatever it took, and was only respectful to each other at the end.

bmah 10-9-2016 09:56 PM

Donald Trump has the same problems of trying to directly answer just about any question, and goes on the usual tangent that usually refers to himself. The very last question in complimenting Hillary was probably his "best" moment. Overall was very difficult to watch.

SC_coolguy44 10-9-2016 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoJaR (Post 4481825)
kind of. if third party candidates can take enough votes away from one of the two major party candidates, they could flip a state. as improbable as it seems, i would keep my eyes on utah.

and even if it doesnt change the outcome of the overall election, or even any individual states, it could serve as a warning shot to both parties, which you could argue would change the status quo.

Unfortunately, there wouldn't be enough votes for a third party candidate to take it. People in my current events class who are studying journalism and know a lot about this type of stuff mentioned that third parties are only probably around 0.04% of the vote.

devonin 10-9-2016 10:09 PM

They're waaaay more than 0.04% of the vote.

Even the bad main third party candidate can usually pull 5-7% of the vote in a general election.

andy-o24 10-9-2016 10:35 PM

Y'all not gonna mention Donald slaying Hillary with that "'cause you'd be in jail" line? Forget that he called her the Devil, yo. That debate was lit af.

Edit: Fat check, btw.

Pretty shitty debate, but funny with the jabs. I think Donald stabilized after the weekend, and Hillary either failed to or tactically didn't shut down Trump.

-o24

tosh 10-10-2016 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4483355)
They're waaaay more than 0.04% of the vote.

Even the bad main third party candidate can usually pull 5-7% of the vote in a general election.

I think we have very different definitions of 'usually'. Since 1960, only 3 third party candidates have received at least 3% of the popular vote in a presidential election. George Wallace got 13.5% in 1968, John Anderson got 6.6% in 1980, and Ross Perot got 18.9% in 1992 and 8.4% in 1996. So that is 4 out of the last 14 elections. The median popular vote total for the best performing third party candidates in that timeframe is 0.95%. So in a normal presidential election, we can expect the best third party candidate to garner 0.95% of the popular vote.

MixMasterLar 10-10-2016 02:09 AM

I didn't watch this one.

Heard Trump brought several women to testify that Bill raped them and that Hillary pulled strings to cover it up, but no one seems to be talking about that really.

I think people's unwillingness to consider voting third party, on the grounds that there are not enough people considering, are a big deal on how we came to....whatever the hell this election is

Dinglesberry 10-10-2016 02:12 AM

That feel when you can't win with your views and beliefs so the only way you can win is by discrediting others, gg politics

shenjoku 10-10-2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4483445)
That feel when you can't win with your views and beliefs so the only way you can win is by discrediting others, gg politics

This pretty much sums up why I fucking hate politics...

DotKritic 10-10-2016 04:47 PM

A survey I found: http://www.survio.com/survey/d/N4X1T2K2V5T2R2N0N

Rapta 10-10-2016 05:33 PM

is there any way to review the results of the survey?

VisD 10-10-2016 07:12 PM

unregulated online surveys
n
r
e
g
u
...etc

devonin 10-10-2016 09:10 PM

The "who won" polls from the first debate were overwhelmingly gamed from computers in Russia. They don't mean anything.

And speaking of polls

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/up...ages.html?_r=1

FoJaR 10-15-2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoJaR (Post 4481825)
kind of. if third party candidates can take enough votes away from one of the two major party candidates, they could flip a state. as improbable as it seems, i would keep my eyes on utah.

and even if it doesnt change the outcome of the overall election, or even any individual states, it could serve as a warning shot to both parties, which you could argue would change the status quo.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...he-presidency/

devonin 10-15-2016 09:14 PM

Interesting, but such an actually practically tiny chance that I don't see it at all.

Too many states have Bernie as an official write-in, and Johnson has enough of the vote that weirdness actually more likely means Trump winning close states due to vote splitting with the write-in Sanders than a tie has of happening.

FoJaR 10-15-2016 10:12 PM

of him becoming president? yeah that's probably not happening.

of him winning utah, or making it fall to clinton? coin flip between one of those two and trump imo.

andy-o24 10-19-2016 09:07 PM

Mr. Trump, I am not a potted plant!

-o24