Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151709)

Bolth mannn 02-20-2020 01:55 AM

Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4714009)
Im not going to offer you the sellout deal yet but i want to get your takes on the other players at least

Alrighty, d0 analysis time.

From what I understand of the games Ive read, almost all d0 votes are pretty much based on nothing. At the end of the day, I’m the new kid on the block and I absolutely expected someone to grill me to see how I react. How I see it, there’s not a single response I could have given to the initial question that someone wouldn’t have read into. Very smart for Xiz to do me like that.

Freezin was word vomit from the start, and he hardpushed me based on nearly nothing, but again, I expected someone to, so I don’t think he’s acting overly suspicious, especially as he seems to be a vet based on the reactions to him in the signup thread, I wouldn’t expect him to make such a mistake early on.

My vote for Melon was obvs based on nothing, but chars reading of that is probably the smartest thing I’ve read in the thread this far so I don’t blame anyone for thinking this way. Early joke votes are common in past games so i didn’t think much of it but obviously again being the new guy I’m gonna be heavily scrutinised.

Way I see it, it’s way too early to know who any wolves might be. I’m upset melon didn’t respond with something more to go off. I did notice char has adopted the wise old towny role, which is always a good stance to take when someone’s going a bit word crazy, so I have slight suspicions on him, as well as Xiz, who was very quick to claim innocence, but honestly guys, way too early no?

Hakulyte 02-20-2020 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4714023)
i'd say, based on solely that interaction, i feel like you're being a bit tryhard for how long the game has been running, but i dont think the suspicion on bolth is unwarrented and it comes off looking a little fishy on his end.

I feel like you know where this game is going, but I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing yet.

FreezinIce 02-20-2020 02:06 AM

unvote

storn42 02-20-2020 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4714027)
I feel like you know where this game is going, but I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing yet.

i always know where the game is going. i can see into the future: wolves win. i get lynched D3. J-rodd is the inno child.

Hakulyte 02-20-2020 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4714026)
From what I understand of the games Ive read, almost all d0 votes are pretty much based on nothing.

There's patterns that can betray in this game if you play wolf.
The main difference is that wolves know who is town and it's pretty hard to ignore that information while communicating with the other players.
Wolves don't tend to get frustrated easily too because they know who is what.
Game is usually centered around misleading town into something wrong. Sometimes they don't even need to do anything early game.
So, the logical thing to do for a townie is to figure out how confused are the other players about the state of the game and if they're like putting pieces of the puzzle in a similar way. A wolf may end up being like "it's obvious this person is town based on their behavior" while others may not see it at all or at least have some doubts.
So, even the smallest things can become a big deal if we can't connect why something is happening (unless the person is wolfing).
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4714026)
My vote for Melon was obvs based on nothing, but chars reading of that is probably the smartest thing I’ve read in the thread this far so I don’t blame anyone for thinking this way. Early joke votes are common in past games so i didn’t think much of it but obviously again being the new guy I’m gonna be heavily scrutinised.

Well, I have no problem with you joke voting her early game because this is a normal random vote and it happens all the time. I have a problem with her just saying "rude wtf", you going "<3" and her going "</3". I feel like something else is going on and that this information is not here like some incomplete inside joke.
Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4714030)
i always know where the game is going. i can see into the future: wolves win. i get lynched D3. J-rodd is the inno child.

Time Traveler confirmed.

Hakulyte 02-20-2020 02:28 AM

Storn are you "char" or he's talking about someone else ?

Bolth mannn 02-20-2020 02:31 AM

Looks like I’ve got my nicknames wrong, I was referring to you haku

DaBackpack 02-20-2020 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4713950)
It does win games more then it loses them.

Yeah I regret fucking everything up last game by going against this gospel

Hakulyte 02-20-2020 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4714033)
Looks like I’ve got my nicknames wrong, I was referring to you haku

Suspicious on me because ____ ?

DaBackpack 02-20-2020 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4713951)
I’m watching bojack for the first time this show is great

I've gotten it recommended a lot but all the depression and failed potential themes are a bit too real for me to sit through

DaBackpack 02-20-2020 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4713975)
Where in Australia? Also are you a regular wolf or a wolf with a power

LOCK
TOWN

DaBackpack 02-20-2020 02:45 AM

there was supposed to be a funny thing with whitespace in that post but FFR deleted the whitespace so fuck me I guess

DaBackpack 02-20-2020 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4713977)
Oh and melbourneeee

nice to meet you and thanks for signing up but you sound like a horny instagram thot

DaBackpack 02-20-2020 02:46 AM

wham bam bolth mannn

DaBackpack 02-20-2020 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4713983)
Nah dude I wish I was a wolf with him though. It might be luck but i have a high win % as a wolf with a new player as my partner.

(Spoiler alert, aside from 1-SHOT FIREMAN they carry me)

((Hi dbp))

I will bojack my horseman on your fucking face this game

DaBackpack 02-20-2020 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4714011)
This might be me having the usual hallucination, but..

I read this as a wolf voting another wolf for fun to appear more towny.

This post is like confirming that she's okay with the above post rather than being confused or looking for an explanation.

It leads me to think Bolth mannn/Raeko are the same alignment, because I don't understand their interaction as two towns.

haku town

Hakulyte 02-20-2020 02:50 AM

@DBP:

DaBackpack 02-20-2020 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4714012)
this might be my confirmation bias speaking but that does fit with the theme of really awkward posts from bolth

i think it has a higher chance of being T/W though because mello is generally really friendly and i could see her having that interaction as a town.

obv i dont think its T/T.

So to me its another stripe for bolth

galaxy brain read: raeko and freezin are wolves together

DaBackpack 02-20-2020 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4714013)
bolth i dont really think im going to feel ok not voting you unless i get a heavy amount of posts from you so i can get a handle on your habits and style aka volume clear

I'm out of jokes but this is a weird post and could read as wolf freezin giving a new player rope to hang himself with

DaBackpack 02-20-2020 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4714023)
i'd say, based on solely that interaction, i feel like you're being a bit tryhard for how long the game has been running, but i dont think the suspicion on bolth is unwarrented and it comes off looking a little fishy on his end.

storn is town