Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

Frank Munoz 08-25-2011 06:07 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by nois-or-e (Post 3526974)
+1, really good idea. Though for me, pokemen, digimen etc are of no interest. Could hold an open submission and see what ideas people come up with? The difficulty would be creating the reactions for the different credit-gets.

I was actually thinking that we could hold up a contest, and have the community redesign the current ffr characters.

I want the ffr characters to go from

to

raskanally 08-25-2011 06:13 PM

To build upon the added avatar options.
We could add a custom avatar shop. I don't know if this is even possible, but it would work like the initial d license system.
You could buy a basic look and for a high credit count you could buy other items for your avatar. Almost have your game avatar reflect you and your style in a way.
I dont know if its any good, but its just a thought.

Hakulyte 08-25-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3526979)
buy vrofl for 5mil.

Fix'd. Looks high but if people help each others it's not so bad.

jimerax 08-25-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niala (Post 3526823)
You could do touhou, digimon, pokemon, and whatever else you want and have people use their credits to buy different sets. People could buy the ones their interested in, and, for a little while, it might help keep credit counts lower, and give people a reason to use them.

Considering these characters are copyrighted, we need to get permission from the author/company to use them officially on this site, and probably not free.

So we need to design original ones.

yo man im awesome 08-25-2011 09:22 PM

Well, wouldn't this work perfectly with the BW skin contest? Maybe incorporate it in?

TC_Halogen 08-25-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 3527035)
Fix'd. Looks high but if people help each others it's not so bad.

That is the reason why vROFL shouldn't be purchasable in the first place -- people can just gather together and get it for someone who really wants it.

It's much better sitting as an attainable challenge; it's a memento of a hard-earned feat (whether it be the official tournament, gamewhore contest, or the more recent 1 billion point challenge).

nois-or-e 08-25-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raskanally (Post 3527012)
To build upon the added avatar options.
We could add a custom avatar shop. I don't know if this is even possible, but it would work like the initial d license system.
You could buy a basic look and for a high credit count you could buy other items for your avatar. Almost have your game avatar reflect you and your style in a way.
I dont know if its any good, but its just a thought.

Creating a base of basic and original ffr 'characters' and purchasing items to go with for in-game is actually a really good idea. It would take some hard work to manage how every individual item would go with the current stages of character disappointment/satisfaction, so that any combination of any amount of pre-bought items would still be represented accurately.
Making a limit for say, one item of head-gear, shirt, pants, accessory + eyes/mouth/hair could lessen that workload. But this I could see as a feasible alternative than trying to get licensed characters images permitted for use on a not-for-profit website. . .

qqwref 08-25-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3527106)
That is the reason why vROFL shouldn't be purchasable in the first place -- people can just gather together and get it for someone who really wants it.

Er, but then that entire group of people have to lose 5mil (or whatever) together - and only one gets vrofl. I'm a little skeptical that people would go this far for a friend, considering only the biggest tournaments ever get anywhere near that number of credits. The benefit of having it purchased (as opposed to secret or whatever) is that the credits disappear, so you have to decide whether you really want it. Remember that 5 million credits is worth about 250 billion grandtotal, and that only seems like a small amount to people who are amazing at placing in tournaments or making art... it's a huge amount for anyone else. I kind of like the idea since it would have an element of loss/regret unlike the other ways of unlocking the token.

TC_Halogen 08-25-2011 11:31 PM

The token shouldn't be given any other requirements considering the only requirement in the past is that you had to place 8th or better in an official.

People should be grateful now that there's a new, accessible requirement in the first place.

Frank Munoz 08-25-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3527172)
Er, but then that entire group of people have to lose 5mil (or whatever) together - and only one gets vrofl. I'm a little skeptical that people would go this far for a friend, considering only the biggest tournaments ever get anywhere near that number of credits. The benefit of having it purchased (as opposed to secret or whatever) is that the credits disappear, so you have to decide whether you really want it. Remember that 5 million credits is worth about 250 billion grandtotal, and that only seems like a small amount to people who are amazing at placing in tournaments or making art... it's a huge amount for anyone else. I kind of like the idea since it would have an element of loss/regret unlike the other ways of unlocking the token.

250billion is not small, to anyone.
50 billion gt is enough to unlock vROFL.

Edit: what halo said

raskanally 08-26-2011 10:08 AM

This is off the current topic, but I believe we are always looking to bring in new people.
Is there any way of finding someone to update the FFR Facebook page more often. The last time it was updated by the Leader was March. I do believe if we had a working and updated FB page it would help bring in more people.
Even if its just posting the new songs weekly and keeping up to date on new tourneys.
I volunteer to do it if you want.
Im just looking to expand the community.

rushyrulz 08-26-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Munoz (Post 3527177)
250billion is not small, to anyone.
50 billion gt is enough to unlock vROFL.

Edit: what halo said

you misunderstood :P he said 5 million credits would be small for artists and tournament gurus. It's obvious that 250 billion points is a 10+ year job.

Frank Munoz 08-26-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3527325)
you misunderstood :P he said 5 million credits would be small for artists and tournament gurus. It's obvious that 250 billion points is a 10+ year job.

I understand; I just want to point out that 5 million credits is not small/easy to obtain.
For most people, 150k credits is beyond reach. But, 5 million credits? Easy?
I'd say that 5 million credits would probably be obtainable by artist and tourney gurus; I wouldn't say it would be easy/small amount for them.

And, to go along with what raskanally said; and I've said this before.
Is it possible to make ffr replays run on facebook? The way youtube links work?
I'm sure there are many poeple who have quit ffr after it went down, and don't even know it's back up.
And some that do know it's back up, but don't have much motivation. But when those no-life facebook stalkers see us wrecking it up through replays, you can be sure that they're gonna wanna try. Either it be by nostalgia, or just wanting to beat their friend.
And, there are many more people who aren't even aware of ffr.

rushyrulz 08-27-2011 03:07 AM

support tokens plz.

Zekramcross 08-27-2011 05:38 PM

I suggest a button on Prochat that allows you to send a friend request to the person you wants to be friends with. So that I don't have to get out of prochat go to the profile and add em then go back on prochat.

Emithith 08-27-2011 05:51 PM

lol I just wonder how many credits the whole of FFR has together? Like 200 Million at most? I'd be pretty surprised if it was something of 1 Billion.
Also, I agree with Halogen. It should be a HARD EARNED token, not some "LET'S MAKE PR0FILES AND SELL LEM0N4DE TO GET vROFL!1!!!1one!exclamationmark"

Would be interesting to see a Digit below "Total Members on FFR: Some hundred million players" that says "Total Credits ever earned by FFR players: XXX,XXX,XXX tokens!"

Edit: Also, just redesign the characters for Bwebb, and add a character slot called "Avatar" that shows your avatar instead of characters".

rushyrulz 08-27-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emithith (Post 3527960)

Would be interesting to see a Digit below "Total Members on FFR: Some hundred million players" that says "Total Credits ever earned by FFR players: XXX,XXX,XXX tokens!"

I lol'd.

ce1545 08-27-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emithith (Post 3527960)
Also, just redesign the characters for Bwebb, and add a character slot called "Avatar" that shows your avatar instead of characters".

There's an avatar slot in the Velocity engine already so I'm guessing there should be one in Blackwebb.

cixOclock 08-27-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zekramcross (Post 3527958)
I suggest a button on Prochat that allows you to send a friend request to the person you wants to be friends with. So that I don't have to get out of prochat go to the profile and add em then go back on prochat.

Lol its called New Tab ;p

raskanally 08-27-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cixOclock (Post 3527967)
Lol its called New Tab ;p

+1