Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Team Blaze (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121716)

popsicle_3000 05-19-2012 09:28 PM

Re: Team Blaze

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3695810)
EHHS is not easy

this

EzExZeRo7497 05-19-2012 10:27 PM

I found EHHS easier than most FMOs, then again it's just me lmao

BLAZZE 05-20-2012 04:00 AM

can i join this team

justin_ator 05-20-2012 04:11 AM

Probably won't get an answer tonight as the team owners are kinda not around right now, but my guess is the answer is yes.

Zekramcross 05-20-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAZZE (Post 3696039)
can i join this team

Yup. Welcome to the team.

I would just need your name, set-up, speedmod, and best AAA for a team spreadsheet.

popsicle_3000 05-20-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3696041)
Probably won't get an answer tonight as the team owners are kinda not around right now, but my guess is the answer is yes.

nice new siggy!

TheSaxRunner05 05-20-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 (Post 3693950)
My tournament is approved! Thread can be found: here

I joined up =)

BLAZZE 05-21-2012 06:07 AM

lol @ taking me seriously.

mrpreggers 05-21-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAZZE (Post 3696426)

ROFL you got us good lolololol. My sarcasm has been overlooked..

Zakvvv666 05-21-2012 06:37 AM

I fail to see whats funny.

Zekramcross 05-21-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAZZE (Post 3696426)

Sorry, I didn't catch that sarcasm since it was in text. Next time when you use sarcasm upload a video so that we we can hear the sarcasm in your voice.

popsicle_3000 05-21-2012 03:09 PM

yeah what?

Staiain 05-21-2012 07:37 PM

Oh god

XxMidigamixX 05-21-2012 07:40 PM

-_- its funny at first but come on...

AlexDest 05-21-2012 07:47 PM

ya bad

Zekramcross 05-21-2012 08:35 PM

These people are banned from the team:

00Razor00
MrPreggers
I like it
AlexDest
Winrar

XxMidigamixX 05-21-2012 10:15 PM

Rip ian, alex, jesse, and others.

reuben_tate 05-21-2012 10:34 PM

I've been gone for a few days, so there is a lot of context that I'm missing since I know there were threads, posts, and videos deleted. Anyways, let me just give me thoughts on a few subjects.

First of all, I know that Team Blaze is often accused of being a D4 circle-jerk. The reality is that we are accepting of members of a large variety of skill, whether that be D1 or D6. About the "circle jerk" though, I don't see the problem with people being competitive with each other and sharing scores and encouraging/rivaling each other. It just so happens that this type of activity has been happening in the D4 skill range. If this has something to do with "I don't want to see crappy D4 scores in the scores thread" then where do you want them to post their scores? The amateur scores thread surely wouldn't be accepting of D4 scores (or even D3 scores for that matter) and the idea of a "semi-pro" scores thread has already been shut down.

If this has something to do with FFR being the topic of conversation in the chat and the "D4 circle jerk" in there well I have a few things to say about that as well. First of all, about 90% of the time, we aren't even talking about FFR (I don't understand when people accuse of only talking about that.) And when we do talk about FFR, what's the problem with that? It's an FFR chat. Also, I see D6 players in the chat going on and on and on about scores as well, although it seems to be more about sm scores most of the time (so basically it ends up looking like a D6 sm circle jerk at many times in the chat.)

Next, let's discuss what elitism is. Elitism is not just being good at this game. Elitism is
(1) using your skill level to justify something
(2) associating your skill level with a level of power
(3) associating a lack of skill with not having any power
(4) constant bragging of your skill level, even if indirect

Let me touch on number 2 and 3. First of all, as seen in the difficulty thread, I've seen some comments that basically say "Only people like me or around my skill level are good enough to accurately judge the difficulty of this/these files." This is an example of 2 but mostly an example of number 3, because the statement implies that everyone below that skill level should have no say in the matter what-so-ever.

Pro-tip:
How to be good at this game and not be elitist: be good at this game and be humble about it.

Now let me touch upon the "mad cuz bad" thing. First of all, it was used to describe people that got mad at a file because they were bad at it. First of all, there is nothing wrong with being mad because you are bad at a file. What is wrong is being mad at the stepartist because you are bad at the file. It's understandable to be frustrated at your own inability to do some songs well; it's when you call out the stepartist for making a bad chart with the reason "because I can't get a good score on it" is when it turns wrong. However, this phrase has turned into something much more than that recently. I've recently seen higher skill level players using the phrase towards lower skill players to discredit their words even in non-FFR situations, and this is just another disgusting new form of elitism.

As for the people that were banned, I don't know what they did exactly. I'll ask Richie to make a ban log somewhere with the names of people, the ban reason, and ban length (if it's not a perma-ban.)

The goal of team blaze is to foster a friendly FFR-based community and to have a positive inter-team relationships with other teams as well. I have nothing against Team Pony, I occasionally lurk the their thread just to see what's going on. I have nothing against the formation of Team Indeed either, although I'm not too fond of the entry requirements. I'd like to see inter-team events later, remember that hating on the other teams and not wanting them to exist is counter productive because if we only have one team, we might as well call that team "FFR."

A quick summary
-----
What are Team Blazes goals:
-to foster a friendly community on FFR
-to build good inter-team relationships with other teams in an effort to have inter-team events.

What aren't Team Blazes goals:
-to have the most members
-to have a high ratio of D4 players
-to have a low ratio of D6 players
-to prevent the formation of new teams or to try to disband an already existing team

If you are in the team and you don't agree with the goals above (or if you think the things in the "what aren't Team Blazes goals" should be goals), then leave. If you aren't part of the team and you don't agree, then don't join. If you aren't a part of the team and you don't want to join, then leave us alone. Team Blaze was not created with the intention to create drama, so please don't start any with us.

tl;dr: stop being a douche

mrpreggers 05-22-2012 08:10 AM

You know.. I was originally gonna let this go but I like the members of this team so I want to be in it :-( all I did was say I was glad I wasn't really involved with the team because it meant I didn't get caught up in the drama.. I didn't even know it was an upper d6 vs team blaze thing until it was pretty much over with.

Ksl33zy24 05-22-2012 08:32 AM

hi team blaze