Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151050)

Hakulyte 07-14-2019 03:50 PM

Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not devonin (Post 4687364)
If you have multiple powers can you use them all at once? I would have assumed he had the choice of 'kill somebody' -or- 'get snacks'

I only have one power and it's sending items to other people.

Not devonin 07-14-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4687365)
I only have one power and it's sending items to other people.

I...wasn't talking about you? I was talking to you? About wayward?

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687362)
I'm gonna call bullshit, and probably sunfan is going to call bullshit as well because levels, backed by Daikyi role leak.

Lol sorry but sunfan confirmed the abilities I got from his item

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4687363)
Did you get something from Sunfan last night ? I sent him an item and he said he got nothing.

No I didn't get anything last night

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not devonin (Post 4687364)
If you have multiple powers can you use them all at once? I would have assumed he had the choice of 'kill somebody' -or- 'get snacks'

Yeah I can only do one thing at a time at night

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not devonin (Post 4687115)
This is good enough for me too. Especially with Xiz claiming that the wolves all knew who the other wolves were, there is no reason whatsoever for a wolf to help push Dafty into a knife in the box. Killing Funny (who they would also know wasn't a wolf) gets rid of a non-wolf, and we were definitely going to lynch Dafty today if he'd lived.

Like, On the one hand, I'm giving Svaz town-cred for getting on Dafty but on the other hand, I think the town cred gains are pretty small when one could just...stick with the already established Funny lynch, or not vote and go 'sorry I got to the thread at 9:05' or whatever.

The gain to the wolves of making us burn the lynch on Dafty today I think would outweigh the benefits of killing Dafty a day early.

I'm not sure. I think it would be good to know who you saved because it gives them a good town boost to know that the wolves tried to night kill them. On the other hand it definitely makes them more of a target since the wolves would know a) That they were being read town enough to choose to protect and b) that you're soon to get info about them you can use to actually confirm and town lock them. Not sure which way I'd go on that.

Support.

I'm also still trying to wrap my head around Dafty dying in the night like...who out of anybody benefits from doing this? Has to be a 3p with a weird wincon.

Wolves don't kill him because they could kill town and make us waste our lynch on him.

Town don't kill him because, with Dafty a wolf, we lynch him today and kill a wolf for the lynch. And with Dafty a town, we lynch the grossly inactive today for the lynch instead of possibly mislynching somebody actually doing anything.

Are you -sure- it is an absurd and weird idea to think that he died trying to carry out the kill? Somebody with like, a wolf trap or something?

This confusion alone pushes me more towards wanting Daikyi to say who he protected.

No. This is terrible dude. Why would town, if being able to, not kill dafty in the night to save a valuable lynch on someone that could provide more info during the day.

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4687125)
I hope WV shows up soon to tell us about sunfan's item

Hey I posted that I was going to be mia :(

Xiz 07-14-2019 04:34 PM

You hear loud slashes of flesh getting ripped apart....

... you all look at each other to find one body has been torn to shreds...

...You look down to see the remains of....

Daikyi.

YoshL/Daikyi has been slain. They were Kyi Lagine

You are an anthropomorphic corgi, who loves to solve problems and assist people. You own a business called “Lock and Key” which helps apply music to solve problems people might have. During the night, you can choose only one:

- Lock: Target a player, preventing any killable actions on them. Only works once per player.
- Key: You obtain some information about the player you chose to lock. Only works on a player you chose that previous night.

Town aligned.

Secret: If Miku and Kyi target each other in the same night, they have a music duel to the death. Similar to [Redacted]

Nobody is able to see who caused this killing.

Day continues

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 04:35 PM

Also shoutouts to sunfan for calling my kill and shame on everyone who completely ignored his post

Daikyi 07-14-2019 04:35 PM

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 04:37 PM

What the fuck

gold stinger 07-14-2019 04:37 PM

me, Daikyi, funnier, and WV viewing thread as shot happens.

gold stinger 07-14-2019 04:37 PM

Haku just joined

gold stinger 07-14-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4687373)
[size="4"][b]You hear loud slashes of flesh getting ripped apart....

... you all look at each other to find one body has been torn to shreds...
]

That is some fucking righteous flavor text

Not devonin 07-14-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4687371)
No. This is terrible dude. Why would town, if being able to, not kill dafty in the night to save a valuable lynch on someone that could provide more info during the day.

Because wasting a night kill power on somebody who was already going to die seemed grossly inefficient to me.

It's been explained long since that people with limited use kills should use them asap rather than risk the possibility of dying before they can use them, but it was still a weird choice to me.

gold stinger 07-14-2019 04:38 PM

Wayward Vagabond

Not devonin 07-14-2019 04:39 PM

Whoa. What the fuck. That's a hell of a thing to drop out of a reply and see.

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687381)
Wayward Vagabond

Oh bubby please make your case 😘

Not devonin 07-14-2019 04:41 PM

Okay so from the lessons I learned wondering why anybody would kill Dafty when he was going to get lynched anyway, I take it we have to assume this was done by somebody who got this power last night?

Hey item giving people, who'd you give items to last night?

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4687139)
If they believed that Dafty was a town wagon, it's a perfectly fine shot: has as good a chance of any of hitting, and is non controversial. It basically just time warps us one day ahead of the wolves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4687141)
As in, not hitting a town. But that's actually a textbook mechanically solid time to shoot, because it saves us a lynch even if Dafty flipped town. Compared to just popping off randomly and hitting a town or just dying, it's pretty ok utility.

Soundwave sums up why I killed dafty in the night

gold stinger 07-14-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4687383)
Oh bubby please make your case 😘

a hunch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4686193)
I don't steal things. I have three options and one of the options is searching for a snack. I didn't know searching for a snack is just stealing items

my hunches are the best.

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 04:50 PM

Hey gs why are devonin and shadow the towniest people?

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687186)
No. Sunfan is 3p. End of story. More likely imo that its fabricated between WV and Daikyi but there really isnt reason at this time to go down that path.

Also the yoshl flip kinda shits on this doesn't it.

gold stinger 07-14-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4687390)
Also the yoshl flip kinda shits on this doesn't it.

I've had YoshL as my highest town read this entire time numnut.

gold stinger 07-14-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4687388)
Hey gs why are devonin and shadow the towniest people?

literally answered this earlier in this day phase.

Give me a sec, I'll link to it.

Literally just looking for ammunition against me because you don't like my vote smh

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 04:54 PM

I feel like gs has a new win con similar to fg where he needs to die to win considering how bad his posts have been this phase

gold stinger 07-14-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4687393)
I feel like gs has a new win con similar to fg where he needs to die to win considering how bad his posts have been this phase

Then fucking read my posts babe. Stop asking me questions that I've already answered because you don't like my vote.

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687392)
literally answered this earlier in this day phase.

Give me a sec, I'll link to it.

Literally just looking for ammunition against me because you don't like my vote smh

I just read it. I'm reading through the day that I missed while I was camping so I'm commenting on things as I read

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687394)
Then fucking read my posts babe. Stop asking me questions that I've already answered because you don't like my vote.

Wow why are you so angry :(

gold stinger 07-14-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4687396)
Wow why are you so angry :(

v
v
v

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687392)

gold stinger 07-14-2019 04:59 PM

Here's Shadowgod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687185)
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4687184)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687180)
Devonin and Shadow seem like the towniest people here. Hard to see where a wolf mailman was used for Svaz's part.

how

Firstly as i said before, there is a ton of information bias regarding early talk in the game that would suggest otherwise, that isnt so much scumtell but bad play, and should have been coached in wolfchat. This point seems even greater when 2 lost wolves have already flipped.

Secondly, the whole self voting situation would not have happened unless they were put into a corner, couldnt keep up with the game, or thought that their flip would mean more than words. I'm thinking we are in a scenario where the third option is apparent, with a dash of the 2nd being the culprit.

Now let me find Devonin, that was in my town circle post.

gold stinger 07-14-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687210)
Let me empty my thoughts in the game so far in here for a moment

I see a town circle forming with Storn, Gradiant, Me, and Roundbox, because all of our reads, interpretations of the game, what we like and dislike about people, are radically the same.

The one thing That is different from me, and everyone else in that circle, is the Roundbox townread. I don't think there's enough evidence suggesting a townread would be sufficient, and dude's been for the most part, flying under the radar compared to others that are actually contributing to solving the game. I've personally felt, that both Roundbox and Gradiant within that circle, have been asking questions and contributing to discussion rather than game solving. This is why Devonin is town read. I think from out of most people here, he's attempting to solve, or put together things on his own, the most.

there you go.

Not devonin 07-14-2019 05:10 PM

I'm stuck in a wifom loop but I'm going to say the probably dumb thing anyway: Is it completely wrong of me to be suspicious that Wayward didn't post at all for like, 42 of the 48 hours of the day, and comes back just long enough to go "Hey I expended my kill power in a way you can't confirm" right before somebody used a kill power?

Not devonin 07-14-2019 05:11 PM

Like that feels -so- obvious that it -has- to be purposeful misdirection from whoever actually killed Daikyi , but then it's like...or is that just too obvious a conclusion etc etc etc

gold stinger 07-14-2019 05:14 PM

When I saw the flavor text in the kill, it made the post about outing one of their abilities referring to 'searching for a snack' come up as a huge red flag.

Not devonin 07-14-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687403)
When I saw the flavor text in the kill, it made the post about outing one of their abilities referring to 'searching for a snack' come up as a huge red flag.

Would Xiz give away game mechanics in flavour text?

gold stinger 07-14-2019 05:15 PM

Super accidental slip, impossible to expect slip (by OP no less). I haven't seen anyone else in their thread refer to their abilities in a similar tone.

Like I said, big boi hunch.

Svaz 07-14-2019 05:15 PM

I love that this senpai is a corgi, very nice and good dog breed

flashflash account 07-14-2019 05:18 PM

thesharkfan

Now excuse me while I backread

Svaz 07-14-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687377)
me, Daikyi, funnier, and WV viewing thread as shot happens.

Thanks for the references here, that's actually pretty useful. Everyone else that can comment on it has, so I'm a little sketched that funnier6 hasn't said anything, what to heck man

Not devonin 07-14-2019 05:20 PM

And not just not anything about the kill, not anything, in the entire 44 hours of this day phase.

Soundwave- 07-14-2019 05:20 PM

okay I'm having so many mixed emotions over daikyis pivk I think I'mma just quit and have a crisis.

gold stinger 07-14-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svaz (Post 4687409)
Thanks for the references here, that's actually pretty useful. Everyone else that can comment on it has, so I'm a little sketched that funnier6 hasn't said anything, what to heck man

funnier is one of those guys that's super lagging behind in reading the thread. I would not be surprised if he was off reading some entirely different page, but I digress.

Soundwave- 07-14-2019 05:21 PM

anyways this game is probably just poe or something. Theres too many mechanical confirms and not enough info elsewhere in the postless void

flashflash account 07-14-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4687325)
I'm ok with ffa.

Thinking at who died so far, it does feel more like on the commentary side rather than the solving one so, that feels objectively better than my previous scum reads.

Shadow does feel more pure at this point and I've been increasingly having a harder time reading him as wolf so, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm simply wrong.

What does the middle paragraph mean

Gradiant 07-14-2019 05:21 PM

catching up

gold stinger 07-14-2019 05:22 PM

Of course everyone happens to storm into this thread as soon as someone gets shot. Like ofc

Svaz 07-14-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687412)
funnier is one of those guys that's super lagging behind in reading the thread. I would not be surprised if he was off reading some entirely different page, but I digress.

That's somewhat fair, but also wv used a kill power last night, to use another one so suddenly seems somewhere between unlikely and overpowered. I don't see what the benefit to you personally would be to out that detail, and why would funnier do that and then disappear unless he literally swung by to see what happened?

And, I mean, obviously I'm not assuming Dai killed himself off, it was Xel that has the suicide gun after all.

Svaz 07-14-2019 05:25 PM

Er, rather, the scenario I envisioned here was 1) funnier6 used an ability to kill Daikyi and then 2) came by the thread to see the aftermath and dipped

gold stinger 07-14-2019 05:27 PM

Not defending funnier in any way here. What I saw in the thread is what I saw. Just making my best assumption from how the game has appeared for me, on him.

Not devonin 07-14-2019 05:28 PM

Still 0 posts from him with 3.5 hours left before a modkill. Do you think it's likely he had day kill power and planned to just use it and then let himself die? Weird choice.

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not devonin (Post 4687401)
I'm stuck in a wifom loop but I'm going to say the probably dumb thing anyway: Is it completely wrong of me to be suspicious that Wayward didn't post at all for like, 42 of the 48 hours of the day, and comes back just long enough to go "Hey I expended my kill power in a way you can't confirm" right before somebody used a kill power?

I said I was going camping and would be mia. Sunfan knows i had a kp and he even posted about it at the beginning of this day phase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not devonin (Post 4687402)
Like that feels -so- obvious that it -has- to be purposeful misdirection from whoever actually killed Daikyi , but then it's like...or is that just too obvious a conclusion etc etc etc

Bad timing etc. It feels like you're tunneling on me my guy

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687403)

*Gasp* If you knew who my waifu is you'd never think this!

Also I already explained what searching for a snack means. I can't search for a snack to take an item and also search for a snack to kill someone

gold stinger 07-14-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not devonin (Post 4687421)
Still 0 posts from him with 3.5 hours left before a modkill. Do you think it's likely he had day kill power and planned to just use it and then let himself die? Weird choice.

That is some theoretical thinking and quite out there, so no, but appreciate the brainstorming.

Gradiant 07-14-2019 05:29 PM

Think that connection from flavor text to 'searching for snack' is a bit of a stretch

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not devonin (Post 4687421)

This would be a huge fuck you to everyone lol

gold stinger 07-14-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4687422)
Also I already explained what searching for a snack means. I can't search for a snack to take an item and also search for a snack to kill someone

good classic misdirection.

I was talking about the 'flavor text' of it all. Has nothing to do with the actual action.

Not devonin 07-14-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687423)
That is some theoretical thinking and quite out there, so no, but appreciate the brainstorming.

I meant that to imply "This is not what happened" not "could this be what happened" I was disagreeing with Svaz's idea that Funnier did the shot and dipped, because it would have been a great chance to make a couple posts and not also die.

Not devonin 07-14-2019 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4687422)
I said I was going camping and would be mia. Sunfan knows i had a kp and he even posted about it at the beginning of this day phase.

Bad timing etc. It feels like you're tunneling on me my guy

I mean, I proposed this as "Something that feels really stupid but I keep thinking about it so I'm going to just say it" so to call it tunneling feels a little overly defensive.

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687426)
good classic misdirection.

I was talking about the 'flavor text' of it all. Has nothing to do with the actual action.

:Eyeroll:

Gradiant 07-14-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4687424)
Think that connection from flavor text to 'searching for snack' is a bit of a stretch

more than a bit actually
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4687413)
anyways this game is probably just poe or something. Theres too many mechanical confirms and not enough info elsewhere in the postless void

I mean, I could claim, but there'd be no way to confirm it because I wasn't even able to do anything the first two phases.

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not devonin (Post 4687428)
I mean, I proposed this as "Something that feels really stupid but I keep thinking about it so I'm going to just say it" so to call it tunneling feels a little overly defensive.

Not when I take into account everything else you've posted about this phase imo

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 05:34 PM

Gradient changed his avatar. Wolf confirmed

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 05:34 PM

Gradiant*

gold stinger 07-14-2019 05:35 PM

Soundwave, has your thoughts on the situation of the game changed at all based on the Daikyi day kill, and the night peek that you mentioned?

My offer is still on the table if you think it would help.

flashflash account 07-14-2019 05:35 PM

Catching up was easy

Sunfan and wayward are a second wolf team -storn
This is the best post I read, and storn is probably town

Gradiant 07-14-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4687432)

yeah, the gif wasn't a very good quality and I've also had it for a bit.

Svaz 07-14-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4687432)

I changed mine too eventually because I got tired of people memeing it, if nothing else I can empathise with that notion and consider it NAI

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 05:36 PM

Also seems like this has been a really quiet day and that's a bit concerning. I also don't like that yoshl didn't claim who he protected

Soundwave- 07-14-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687434)
Soundwave, has your thoughts on the situation of the game changed at all based on the Daikyi day kill, and the night peek that you mentioned?

My offer is still on the table if you think it would help.

No.

Remind me of the offer?

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svaz (Post 4687437)
I changed mine too eventually because I got tired of people memeing it, if nothing else I can empathise with that notion and consider it NAI

I was super happy that you got an avatar and I've enjoyed just staring at Sonic fall so thanks.

Svaz how many have confirmed you sent them a letter besides shadow with that YouTube link?

gold stinger 07-14-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4687439)
No.

Remind me of the offer?

v
v

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687242)
If I role reveal, with your set of names that you got up until now, are you able to make a better town lynch tonight than Roundbox or WV?

gold stinger 07-14-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687441)
v
v

v
v

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687246)
I haven't been able to read you at all on the way you are voting this game, Soundwave. I figured that a lot of the people that you were voting for either had strong reasons against your vote, or had strong reads lists. If you are truly a role that sees night actions, and are town aligned, then I would love to hear it from your end if mine can piece it together.

Soundwave- 07-14-2019 05:41 PM

Well okay. No is a lie. The security of town now depends on a) not being wrong about the extra protective and b) them hitting consistently.

Which might make me claiming like super good actually

Svaz 07-14-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4687440)
I was super happy that you got an avatar and I've enjoyed just staring at Sonic fall so thanks.

Svaz how many have confirmed you sent them a letter besides shadow with that YouTube link?

Gradiant n1 (hoes mad x24), ShadowGod10 n2 (youtube link to Ludacris's "Ho" mv) were who I sent messages to

Soundwave- 07-14-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687441)
v
v

No. Actually, I want the other person to claim.

Soundwave- 07-14-2019 05:46 PM

also just so were on the same page wv is a bad lynch and ffa and maybe shadow are better

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 05:48 PM

What if svaz sends letters in the night to try and find the lost wolves. She has no reason to hide her ability because on the surface her sending letters doesn't affect anyone negatively

Gradiant 07-14-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4687448)
What if svaz sends letters in the night to try and find the lost wolves. She has no reason to hide her ability because on the surface her sending letters doesn't affect anyone negatively

that's an interesting thought

flashflash account 07-14-2019 05:51 PM

How many hours until phase ends and where is the line between central and eastern time zones have I already crossed it past cleveland

Wayward Vagabond 07-14-2019 05:51 PM

Svaz is the only thing you can do is send letters?

flashflash account 07-14-2019 05:52 PM

Or wayward and sunfan are just wolves