Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

TC_Halogen 07-23-2011 01:13 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Suggestion: make the engine unable to access the settings menu mid-song. I've been hearing of people switching in and out of mirror in songs -- sorry, but you shouldn't be able to change the layout of the chart while it's playing in a break. Pick one and stay with it.

master q60 07-25-2011 07:26 PM

Could you make it so when you had two things selected like I do that it would show only the 10's that you AAA'd or full combo'd and so on

yo man im awesome 07-25-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3506150)
BFs or better (but not AAA) on velo's engine should be denoted by :monkey: instead of just FC

Just imagine that smug little monkey bastard looking at you knowing you fucked up one arrow on that song you're about to click, oh my

Oh yes. This is a must.

Going along with this, actually, maybe on a monkeyflag song, when you replay it, the note that you derped that time would appear as a monkey instead of an arrow, to remind you "DON'T FUC UP HERE, NO PRESSURE OR ANYTHING KBAI."

Niala 07-25-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by master q60 (Post 3510372)
Could you make it so when you had two things selected like I do that it would show only the 10's that you AAA'd or full combo'd and so on

If you click the Swap beside Hide All, it'll switch to "Show all." So it shows all 10's that you've AAA'd and/or FC'd.

EDIT: Ohh nvm I see the problem, yeah that'd be cool to implement.

bmah 07-26-2011 03:40 AM

Is it just me, or has the number of bots signing up has noticeably increased? Has there been some sort of breach to the security of the site? Can this be remediated?

rushyrulz 07-27-2011 05:05 PM

Do something with the support tokens :x

G.S.M 07-27-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3511366)
Do something with the support tokens :x

agreed!

also a new token for token ranks would make sense... maybe get < 1000 like AV ranks or < 500 since not as many people work on them (and it's not hard)

RNGRX 07-28-2011 09:06 AM

have you thought about Filter by song artist? I would love that.

xInMyHoodie. 07-28-2011 06:27 PM

Since I accidentally put my suggestion in the suggestion box before signing in, and it counted it as a submission even though nothing went throughhh:

I have a few suggestions for FFR, as I've been playing since I was around 10 (I'm 19 now) and have seen the site through pretty much all it's changes:

1. Put the songs into more detailed categories. The new numbering system isn't completely accurate. There are times when I play a song that's a 7 and it's fairly easy, then I'll play a 6 and do very poorly. You know how you rank songs by easy, tricky, difficult, guru, etc? How about categorizing them by that? Also, having clearer subgenres within music genres. Dance, for example, has a HUGE selection (Come on, you guys have 2 whole sections for that) and can range from IDM to Trance to Dubstep to DnB. Categorize!

2. I miss the section of the site with the user uploaded stepfiles. I don't know if you can bring that back, but it would be great. Whenever I wanted to play "famous" songs you didn't have in the the actual FFR Game.

3. Every month or 2, there should be contests for people to make stepfiles for each genre, to be accepted into the official FFR game. Users can get to watch a video of the file playthrough or someone playing the file, and then vote on which ones should be accepted. Winners get their songs and stepfiles put into the official game.

4. More Avenged Sevenfold songs in the Rock section, please. (Just kidding! Maybe...)

:)
- xInMyHoodie.

yo man im awesome 07-28-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xInMyHoodie. (Post 3511954)
Since I accidentally put my suggestion in the suggestion box before signing in, and it counted it as a submission even though nothing went throughhh:

I have a few suggestions for FFR, as I've been playing since I was around 10 (I'm 19 now) and have seen the site through pretty much all it's changes:

1. Put the songs into more detailed categories. The new numbering system isn't completely accurate. There are times when I play a song that's a 7 and it's fairly easy, then I'll play a 6 and do very poorly. You know how you rank songs by easy, tricky, difficult, guru, etc? How about categorizing them by that? Also, having clearer subgenres within music genres. Dance, for example, has a HUGE selection (Come on, you guys have 2 whole sections for that) and can range from IDM to Trance to Dubstep to DnB. Categorize!

2. I miss the section of the site with the user uploaded stepfiles. I don't know if you can bring that back, but it would be great. Whenever I wanted to play "famous" songs you didn't have in the the actual FFR Game.

3. Every month or 2, there should be contests for people to make stepfiles for each genre, to be accepted into the official FFR game. Users can get to watch a video of the file playthrough or someone playing the file, and then vote on which ones should be accepted. Winners get their songs and stepfiles put into the official game.

4. More Avenged Sevenfold songs in the Rock section, please. (Just kidding! Maybe...)

- xInMyHoodie.

A lot of stuff has changed. The reason we took out the simfile database was because of legal issues/poor quality simfiles/took up space/etc. Now we go through a "Batch System" which basically has a bunch of files submitted, and then judged to receive a certain amount of points in order to go in-game.

People can step files from anyone they want, but when they want to put it in-game, it's required that you have the artist's/label's permission. We don't have Avenged Sevenfold's permission (*yet!* I can't wait for it), so we can't put any files of them in-game.

bmah 07-28-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xInMyHoodie. (Post 3511954)

- xInMyHoodie.

1. Supposedly there's going to be a new difficulty system soon, but so far everything's unofficial and not set in stone at all. Also, I don't see how categorizing by "very easy, easy, tricky, etc." is any better other than having broader implications. Even then, a number can be just as broad.

2. It won't happen. However: http://www.keybeatonline.com/forums/...read.php?t=675

3. Getting stepfiles in by community votes is not a good way of doing things. Huge bias and inconsistencies.

4. Maybe you can be the next person to make steps for their songs...?

Niala 07-29-2011 09:24 PM

Make each successive boo take off 2x more from your grandtotal.
i.e. 1 boo -5 gts
2 boos -10 gts
3 boos -20 gts etc.
stops people from mashing and getting good ranks on songs just 'cause they FC'd it.

qqwref 07-29-2011 09:28 PM

Not gonna happen. The scoring system basically cannot change at this point.

Also: that's actually an incredibly bad idea because one boo will affect the score a LOT - there will be a gigantic difference between 12-0-0-15 and 12-0-0-16. And once you get to about 20 boos you are basically not getting any points at all for the song. So with that in place FFR will be a game of avoiding boos, not a game of trying to PA/combo.

Niala 07-29-2011 09:32 PM

fine that it's not gonna happen, but it's better than allowing people to sit back and mash FCs for scores IMO.

qqwref 07-29-2011 10:01 PM

No, it actually isn't better, in any way. I thought my second paragraph was clear enough, but here goes again: having an exponential system like that would make it basically impossible to play a song that you get more than about 20 boos on, which would make FFR a lot less fun, and would also make it much harder to improve at FFR without playing some other game (such as SM). And luck would start to play a huge component in the game, because a single extra boo could completely ruin an otherwise acceptable score. Basically, yes, it would get rid of mashing, but it would also completely ruin normal playing, except on songs that you are already capable of getting very few boos on.

If you want to fix people mashing, you need a system that doesn't reward it, while still allowing normal play. And my favorite one is to just remove combo scoring, and give a full combo bonus no matter what, so that only PA matters.

Niala 07-29-2011 10:11 PM

okay do that then.
oh right except this conversation has been had 120391209 times and nobody's done anything.
p.s. okay so i may have gone overboard with the exponential but I didn't necessarily mean for the numbers to be that fixed. There's other solutions similar to this in principle although using a different forumla that might also work: boo caps (i.e. more than x boos gives you score of 0) or idfk but it's really dumb that somebody who gets 100-50-0-180 on la campanella beats somebody who gets like 25-0-1-8 'cause they missed in the trill.

p.p.s. that boo cap idea is also really dumb but you get the point

Zageron 07-29-2011 10:22 PM

The scoring system is up for review on BW. Old engine scoring systems will remain the same.

Niala 07-29-2011 10:22 PM

Ok i'm fine with that thanks.

wait does that mean, assuming the scoring system changes, that blackwebb will have a different set of ranks than the legacy/velocity engines have currently?

Zageron 07-29-2011 10:44 PM

That's the plan.

Niala 07-29-2011 10:55 PM

Follow-up question: in that case, would players have to redo their ranks or would the scores they currently have be moved over as a starting place for each player? I can tell you now that a lot of people will be pissed if they get told they have to re-AAA even 200+ files. I'd even go so far as to say there would be people that wouldn't switch engines.