Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117933)

DissonantMuse 02-18-2012 04:09 PM

Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

Loved today's episode! PinkiePie has always been a great character, and this episode really brought some good character development. Can't wait to see how the rest of season 2 plays out.

megamon88 02-18-2012 04:12 PM

SO MUCH AWESOME

flash dualist 02-18-2012 07:25 PM

Great episode.

All_That_Chaz 02-19-2012 12:47 AM

fffffffffffffdlsjafdklsajfkdlsj;afkldjsaklfdsajkl so adorable best episode pinkieeeeeeeeeeee<33333333333

Crashfan3 02-19-2012 03:19 AM

^ Totally saw that coming.

Yeah, really great episode, and an excuse to bulk up my pony folder a little more.

All_That_Chaz 02-19-2012 02:58 PM

The inside of Pinkie's head is made of fuzzy felt fffjkfdlsafjkdlsjafkld;saj

robertsona 02-19-2012 04:51 PM

Why does this have over fifty pages

megamon88 02-19-2012 05:29 PM

Also

gold stinger 02-19-2012 06:09 PM

just saw. I lol'd when I found out it was a music video. Maybe I should crop it and use it as a counter-strike spray.

MrGiggles 02-20-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertsona (Post 3641195)

Because we <3 you robertsona :>

All_That_Chaz 02-20-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertsona (Post 3641195)

Graduate to 40 posts per page and it won't.

Cold Kitten 02-21-2012 01:36 AM

so. For anyone who's interested~ A couple friends of mine and I started up a Pony site. We kinda need members, so if you'd be so kind~

http://everfreeequestria.ning.com/

It's mainly for roleplaying, but I don't personally, so if you don't, you won't be the only one. xD Currently, it's mainly a bunch of us that know each other, but y'know. Feel free to stop by.

megamon88 02-25-2012 09:01 AM

No new episode today :(

EDIT: also GODDAMNIT http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...-modified.html

All_That_Chaz 02-25-2012 03:49 PM

PC retards ruin something fun yet again. I hate everything.

flash dualist 02-25-2012 11:39 PM

r.i.p Derpy

I'll leave this one here.

MrGiggles 02-25-2012 11:51 PM

I dig the voice change, but I'm extremely disappointed in the name removal and de-derping. One step forward, two steps back.

I'm also kinda pissed that a number of people are sending animators threatening and inflammatory messages. Really, guys? Way to stick to the 'love and tolerance' theme, you tits. I suppose this is just what happens when a group of people centered on a common element gets this large. Factions splinter off, bad apples become more and more apparent, etc. It still sucks, and it's contributing to my increasing lack of patience with bronies as a group.

JiZ53 02-26-2012 01:23 AM

So whats this pony stuff all about anyways? My gay brother is a huge fan of the show, but ive never seen it for myself. Has anyone seen my gay brother?

megamon88 02-26-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGiggles (Post 3645901)
I dig the voice change, but I'm extremely disappointed in the name removal and de-derping. One step forward, two steps back.

I'm also kinda pissed that a number of people are sending animators threatening and inflammatory messages. Really, guys? Way to stick to the 'love and tolerance' theme, you tits. I suppose this is just what happens when a group of people centered on a common element gets this large. Factions splinter off, bad apples become more and more apparent, etc. It still sucks, and it's contributing to my increasing lack of patience with bronies as a group.

I also find myself getting frustrated and annoyed with bronies in general nowadays. The community has so many different subgroups that have very different opinions on things, and imo it's ruining the good vibes I used to get from this fandom. Honestly, I find myself wanting to be less associated with bronies in general than I did a while ago. The disagreements/conflicts that happen are just ridiculous sometimes. It kind of reminds me of the rhythm gaming community (FFR, TS etc.) in that people are reluctant to work with other groups (I'm guilty of this too though).

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiZ53 (Post 3645986)
So whats this pony stuff all about anyways? My gay brother is a huge fan of the show, but ive never seen it for myself. Has anyone seen my gay brother?

This is a good starting point: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcul...dship-is-magic

Also if you're interested you should start watching the show, just search up my little pony: friendship is magic on youtube, find an episode and start watching it. I would recommend "Bridle Gossip" as a starting episode but it doesn't really matter that much.

UserNameGoesHere 02-26-2012 06:28 AM

People are understandably not happy with the way certain things have been handled. How each person responds to this is a measure of personal maturity. I wouldn't say that there's bad apples so much as simply more mature and less mature reactions.

Is the "political correct" stuff right? No. But they were kind of stuck in a hard place and chose the "ditch Derpy" route to avoid possible widespread negative backlash from very vocal overconcerned parents (You know, who may be buying toys for the intended target audience). It was either anger one group or anger the other - they couldn't please both.

If you want to blame anyone, blame this culture that produces such overconcerned parents in the first place. Blame this culture where everyone gets a prize, everyone gets a medal, no one is left out, euphemisms for every little thing, etc...

As for Derpy, I don't see why the fans can't continue to use her in fan material. In fact, she was mostly used in fan material to begin with, being only a very minor character in the actual show. Why not simply ignore what they "officially" do and continue to use her in fan material regardless?

icontrolyourworld 02-26-2012 08:37 AM