Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

kommisar 03-7-2011 10:12 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

perhaps 3 judges notes is sufficient?

bmah 03-7-2011 10:14 PM

That's what I've been saying all along haha.

ichliebekase 03-7-2011 10:17 PM

Whatever happens, happens. I just foresee a problem with only 3 judges..

Randomly thought of this, it may sound stupid. If only 3 judges are used for that group, of the grades received, could you possibly add the average of the 3 scores to be the 4th score? Example; a file received 4, 4, 3. Average of those is 3.67 and that or the rounded up or down of the average would be the "fourth judge". Then the total score for that file would be 14/15 depending on how you calculated it.

Just a thought :/

EDIT: Thought #2 [yea, I'm full of them]. Even though this is likely what does happen already, just make the judging out of 15 instead and determine what would be accepted out of 15, which would likely be something along the lines of 12+.

kommisar 03-7-2011 10:17 PM

In case of tie breakers just send to other judges like was done with all the other files. This would throw off the point system though since it was based off 4 judges' scores.

TC_Halogen 03-7-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3430830)
In case of tie breakers just send to other judges like was done with all the other files. This would throw off the point system though since it was based off 4 judges' scores.

this seems like the best solution, because the three initial judge ratings wouldn't be affected, whereas adding a fourth could potentially mess them up due to pressure of time constraints, etc.

EDIT: forgot to add something -- there would be two separate borderlines for the batch; 4 group batch would have either 15/16 and 3 would be 11/12, right? then have all judges vote on borderline files.

qqwref 03-7-2011 10:39 PM

Halogen: nah, a file from the 3-judge part of the batch would need at least 17 out of 15 points to make it ingame. 16 out of 15 would be okay if people really like the file. Why would we bother changing the bar just because there are fewer judges?

Honestly I think 3 judges is no worse than 4. One judge can already ruin a file by giving it a -, and 3 judges doesn't really make that situation any better or worse.

TC_Halogen 03-7-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3430840)
Halogen: nah, a file from the 3-judge part of the batch would need at least 17 out of 15 points to make it ingame. 16 out of 15 would be okay if people really like the file. Why would we bother changing the bar just because there are fewer judges?

25/15 for [++]. no need to adjust.

bmah 03-7-2011 11:23 PM

Brenton Mah 9:58 pm
I'm sort of leaning for you to be the 4th judge then.

jimerax (jimerax) is available 10:11 pm
jimerax 10:12 pm
fine

who_cares973 03-7-2011 11:23 PM

Make patashus judgements all be +. And release the notes

bmah 03-7-2011 11:32 PM

haha, that'd be awesome

AsphyxZero 03-7-2011 11:35 PM

*humbly opens himself up to judging for the next batch*

Since I'm not going to be busy ever again (no longer in the military)

bmah 03-8-2011 12:31 AM

By the way people, notes will not be released today. Expect them sometime by the end of the week, or whenever jx is done.

psychoangel691 03-8-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3430931)
By the way people, notes will not be released today. Expect them sometime by the end of the week, or whenever jx is done.

:( I might be in the hospital by then.

TC_Halogen 03-8-2011 01:17 AM

We've used a 3 judge system before, why not use it here? It seems rather pointless to wait. In a three judge system, if a file is getting accepted by all the judges, it's most certainly going to get accepted by judge #4, and if it doesn't, it's an unnecessary skew of ratings that will cause even more issues.

Ziergdsx18 03-8-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3430948)
We've used a 3 judge system before, why not use it here? It seems rather pointless to wait. In a three judge system, if a file is getting accepted by all the judges, it's most certainly going to get accepted by judge #4, and if it doesn't, it's an unnecessary skew of ratings that will cause even more issues.

Metro (DossarLX ODI) - 16 (5/5/1/5)

Niala 03-8-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3430948)

I kinda agree with this, I think most people would rather have their reviews now than wait a week for a fourth set to be done. Speaking as a judge, too, I wouldn't mind judging the borderline files. It seems more efficient to just leave it as three judges for this time around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziergdsx18 (Post 3430952)
Metro (DossarLX ODI) - 16 (5/5/1/5)

Nuance.

torquestomp 03-8-2011 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3428856)
Final lineup for next batch

Stately, wrong
Throwing fire
Stay crunchy
Release
(Assuming I get bumped up to 5 files)
Windwaker unplugged

I call dibs on Outer Space before you step all of the Jenkees :P
Also I have a chart of Throwing Fire if you're interested (its got holds though).

who_cares973 03-8-2011 04:20 AM

remove the holds in throwing fire and submit it to the batch, nothing wrong with some competition :p

torquestomp 03-8-2011 08:23 AM

Has to be next round. I only get the 1 song to submit :(

YoshL 03-8-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torquestomp (Post 3431017)
Has to be next round. I only get the 1 song to submit :(

you should have 2 submissions i think...

Also, if you read the OP, they're saying something about having the batch closed for a while, and if you read the last couple pages of posts, theres something about special batches that might periodically open. So.....