Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

who_cares973 06-6-2011 09:07 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

avmiss as a mod would be awesome!

master q60 06-8-2011 02:02 PM

Probably beeb brought up MANY times but you should bring back the ffr shop for shirts and other things again
I really want one and brings publicity

ScarletSky 06-8-2011 02:11 PM

Problem with things like shirts, mugs, etc, is that it brings marketing into a game.
Money makes everything worse so if FFR becomes a business once more... >.>

TC_Halogen 06-8-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by master q60 (Post 3483002)
Probably beeb brought up MANY times but you should bring back the ffr shop for shirts and other things again
I really want one and brings publicity

FFR is no longer following a commercial path.

qqwref 06-10-2011 07:09 PM

Looping version of Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya!.

I imagine it as a token file, which loops the mp3 (properly - the beginning should only play once) and the steps (with Shuffle if possible? that would be really neat). So you could basically play that one song until you got bored. This would require a bit of coding to get the swf to work, and probably a little more to get the scoreboards to accept such high scores... but this would be SO FUN to actually play :D

YoshL 06-10-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3484584)
Looping version of Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya!.

I imagine it as a token file, which loops the mp3 (properly - the beginning should only play once) and the steps (with Shuffle if possible? that would be really neat). So you could basically play that one song until you got bored. This would require a bit of coding to get the swf to work, and probably a little more to get the scoreboards to accept such high scores... but this would be SO FUN to actually play :D

yes. yes. yes. yes. yes. yes. yes. yes. yes.

Zageron 06-10-2011 07:17 PM

maybe next april

XCV 06-12-2011 06:44 PM

Can we alter the in-game font somehow so tildes display right?

nois-or-e 06-12-2011 10:58 PM

flash and fonts.... lol

Zageron 06-12-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCV (Post 3485827)
Can we alter the in-game font somehow so tildes display right?

I don't think we've been having any issues with fonts so far. Old versions? How are they not displaying right?

TC_Halogen 06-12-2011 11:10 PM

Tildes show up as weird boxes - it has something to do with it not being a full version of the font, or something.

I'll screen cap it for you.

forgot, I have no tildes, lol - credit to ~Zeta~ for the image, obviously

Velocity 06-12-2011 11:23 PM

The font doesn't have tilda's. Nothing I can do.

MaxGhost 06-12-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3486014)
The font doesn't have tilda's. Nothing I can do.

Why not just a new font?
Would give the engines a simple yet needed facelift imho.

qqwref 06-16-2011 04:47 PM

You could get some of the people here who have good vector-art skills to make an "extended" version of the font. Add in stuff like ~ that isn't already there, and then just include that font in the engine instead of the real one.

Incidentally, the version of Neuropol that I have seems to have a ~. Want it?

Oh yeah, the real reason I posted here: it would be really neat if you guys could fix the miss-miss glitch. This won't affect the difficulty of getting good scores in any way, since it cannot happen on an FC run - it'll just make it easier and more fun to play hard files. What happens is, after you miss a note, hitting the next note in the column will sometimes give you a miss and a boo, even if you hit it perfectly on time. I have a feeling that this happens because the game assigns the keypress to the wrong arrow (the one you just missed), but it's out of the 7-frame window so it registers as a boo, instead of a perfect or whatever. Then if you don't double-tap that note you'll get another miss, and an opportunity for the glitch to happen again.

~Zeta~ 06-16-2011 09:57 PM

Thought they said that it couldn't really be fixed because of how it was programmed.

Question about Blackweb: Will it have a larger playing area like Stepmania or similar to it?

qqwref 06-16-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Zeta~ (Post 3488225)
Thought they said that it couldn't really be fixed because of how it was programmed.

They said that about avmiss too :p

DossarLX ODI 06-18-2011 10:41 AM

Xelius was the one who fixed avmiss so without him I'm not sure if the coders know how it works (speaking code wise) haha.

MaxGhost 06-18-2011 11:43 AM

What IS avmiss anyways? I wasn't good enough back then to play hard songs and know what it was.

qqwref 06-18-2011 01:36 PM

Avmiss was where, every time you pressed a key and it was within the timing windows of more than one arrow, the game would choose the later one. So if there was a fast jack, then even if you hit the first arrow spot on, the game would give you an average (or sometimes good) on the second arrow, and you'd miss the first one. The glitch made it a lot harder to FC things with jacks, since you'd have to hit early. On songs with fast enough jacks (2 frames or less iirc) it was actually impossible to get all perfects. The glitch was eventually fixed by using each keypress for the first available arrow rather than the last one.

I don't know about the engine internals, but I'd wager that the miss-miss glitch can be fixed with a small modification of the code that chooses what arrow to assign a keypress to. I have a feeling the engine is occasionally choosing arrows that are too far away from the keypress, so it's not in the timing window.

MaxGhost 06-18-2011 04:36 PM

Thanks for clearing that up :)