Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149252)

Kyoko Kirigiri 06-15-2018 01:37 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junko Enoshima (Post 4623827)
You'll just have to take my word for it.

Uh, why? Since everyone's anonymous, you can't even appeal to past track record. No one has any information yet, so all we can go off of is what everyone has said so far--and if there's something that's been said to make you think this, you haven't shared it with the class.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junko Enoshima (Post 4623834)
I take back my "hard" town read because I'm nearly certain there's some duplicity with her outward projection, but I'm not fully revoking it because more often than not, aspects of her mindset are not being obfuscated

I mean, I feel the "oh, you flip-flopped; that's bad" mentality is one of those most corrosive perspectives someone can have in this game, but you basically did so in the same series of posts without anything new happening. More to the point, it only happened because you made an unnecessary and ultimately meaningless "hard town" reading earlier that was unsupported by any explanation on your part.

Anyway, your post here doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If Aoi is misrepresenting their experience/style, then I don't see how you can make clear claims about their mindset anyway.

Toko Fukawa 06-15-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chihiro Fujisaki (Post 4623781)
I will try...she seems to belittle others to appear strong... That is not true strength or courage... it does not help the investigation...I think.

I think I have really belittled anyone. Just been very strightforward.

Toko Fukawa 06-15-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toko Fukawa (Post 4623879)

Have not***

Toko Fukawa 06-15-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestia Ludenberg (Post 4623837)
Toko is doing the same as you, roleplaying their Danganronpa character.

The content feel unique enough. I don't sense anything off.

Am I missing something ?

I will inform you this persona and speech gimmick was chosen pregame. I know nothing about the game this character is from.

Celestia Ludenberg 06-15-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toko Fukawa (Post 4623881)
I will inform you this persona and speech gimmick was chosen pregame. I know nothing about the game this character is from.

I agree with you on this. I didn't pay enough attention to your posts. There's no hidden messages related to Danganronpa in them.

Celestia Ludenberg 06-15-2018 02:29 PM

Well, good luck! I'm staying on Aoi.

If you find something better, don't hesitate!

Xiz 06-15-2018 02:49 PM

Votecount:

Aoi: (2) Celestia, Mundo
Kiyotaka: (1) Hifumi
Byakuya: (1) Junko
Mundo: (1) Kiyotaka
Toko: (1) Chihiro
Sayaka: (1) Byakuya

Unvote: Sakura

Phase ends June 15th @9:00pm
:59 = good
:00 = bad

Leon Kuwata 06-15-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestia Ludenberg (Post 4623623)
I think we were at a good place to be fair.

There's still room for projection and feigning ignorance.

I can see a wolf post #114.

I won't unvote unless I get a better feel of her real intentions.

How is this a wolfy post? This is like giving a map to a treasure but it's just a map to the local McDonald's Playland and you just say "figure it out yourself"
Not helping broski

Leon Kuwata 06-15-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mondo Owada (Post 4623628)
I mean, if Aoi did focus on other people you would 75% chance call them out on deflecting.

I like this analysis from Owada

Leon Kuwata 06-15-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byakuya Togami (Post 4623651)
The one substantial post Kiyotaka made is something I liked. He was prodding Leon for information.

Unfortunately I answered the prod in the post i made after it with justification so it was fire and forget situation

Leon Kuwata 06-15-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiyotaka Ishimaru (Post 4623660)
I was also of the thought that Aoi could be a new player to ffr twg, but their response doesn’t show that so idk what they were doing and I’m sus of them

I feel like mundo has acted weird with the wolf chat thing and quickly agreed with what others said regarding wolf chat rather than being more soughtful for a confirm e answer

Could be 3rd party tbh

They probably just can't handle Japanese names well.
The Mondo thing (not Mundo) is a bit much though considering his other posts. Last game had the SK make some dumb tells but the rest of their posts made the dumb tell seem purposeful (i think that's where the game went) so they died. Both your reasoning and my reasoning are stretches so we should just agree that this point sucks and we should both feel ashamed

Leon Kuwata 06-15-2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mondo Owada (Post 4623664)
since you obviously haven't been noticing the steps I'm taking to ensure I don't get taken over.

I make my one post, then see this one. This quote is stinky! Yuck!

Leon Kuwata 06-15-2018 03:22 PM

Reading all this roleplay from Chihiro and Sayaka makes me want to do it too but this character is a butt munch and there are 11037 reasons why

Makoto Naegi 06-15-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestia Ludenberg (Post 4623883)

Found a wolf. That was ez

Makoto Naegi 06-15-2018 03:24 PM

celestia

Makoto Naegi 06-15-2018 03:24 PM

Elaboration to follow later

Byakuya Togami 06-15-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon Kuwata (Post 4623890)
Unfortunately I answered the prod in the post i made after it with justification so it was fire and forget situation

I thought Kiyotaka was coming from a townie mindset when making that post. It didn't change my opinion of you. Right now, I don't have one.

Byakuya Togami 06-15-2018 03:34 PM

makoto why

Byakuya Togami 06-15-2018 03:36 PM

I like Kyoko's recent post.

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toko Fukawa (Post 4623879)

S-sorry...but the reason for you thinking Celestia and Mondo couldn't be reaction testing is...and whether you find the things you call out bad or wolfy...is divisive...not strightforward...I think...

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4623886)
Votecount:

Phase ends June 15th @9:00pm

This wagon formation...always lynches a wolf...

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon Kuwata (Post 4623893)
Reading all this roleplay from Chihiro and Sayaka makes me want to do it too but this character is a butt munch and there are 11037 reasons why

I think it is important t-to accept who you are... M-maybe...you could tell us about baseball! All I know of it is from Atari baseball...

Xiz 06-15-2018 07:02 PM

Votecount:

Celestia: (1) Makoto

Phase ends June 15th @9:00pm server

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 07:05 PM

I...will vote to save Byakuya and Mondo...maybe Aoi...Aoi confuses me...but not in ways consistent with wolf play I have seen...or wolf intentions that I can think of...and the lack of much discussion at this point in the trial...means wolves could be comfortable with the state of it...I think...

Yasuhiro Hagakure 06-15-2018 07:08 PM

Don't try planning things when you also decided to play TWG... not a great idea on my part.
Oh well.
Catching up on the thread now, but I'm not feeling too confident I'll find anything worthy.
To be fair, though, stranger things have happened...
On to the read!

Really? Only 18 pages? You're all the best. <3

Kiyotaka Ishimaru 06-15-2018 07:12 PM

all the quiet ones made like 0 appearance today.

shock

Kiyotaka Ishimaru 06-15-2018 07:14 PM

anyone who lets the host post more than them shouldnt sign up for twg

Yasuhiro Hagakure 06-15-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestia Ludenberg (Post 4623699)
I have a good idea of who it could be, but I'd prefer to lynch a wolf if possible while hoping that person collaborate with town because this setup is wolf favored due to wolves having technically 2 kill powers.

Spicy.

Mondo going hard after Aoi for... the opening post? Seriously? THAT'S wolfy af for you? And apparently half the game? Christ you people are weird...

Fucking hell these names/avatars make it hard to really pick out people.

Yasuhiro Hagakure 06-15-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiyotaka Ishimaru (Post 4623909)
anyone who lets the host post more than them shouldnt sign up for twg

Well aren't you just a glorious ray of sunshine.

Byakuya Togami 06-15-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chihiro Fujisaki (Post 4623906)
..and the lack of much discussion at this point in the trial...means wolves could be comfortable with the state of it...I think...

I'm getting this vibe, too.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru 06-15-2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yasuhiro Hagakure (Post 4623911)
Well aren't you just a glorious ray of sunshine.

Do I look like I should be a glorious ray of sunshine

Am I wrong ???

Yasuhiro Hagakure 06-15-2018 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiyotaka Ishimaru (Post 4623913)
Do I look like I should be a glorious ray of sunshine

Am I wrong ???

It's Day 1 (or day 0 or whatever the fuck you call it) of an anon game with people poking toes in the water waiting for a splash to be made in the night. Calm yoself.

Yasuhiro Hagakure 06-15-2018 07:32 PM

Although just to make myself look -that- much worse, I gotta step out for about an hour. I'm picking up a PS4.

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 07:33 PM

You are just in time...for the most important part of the day. Take a moment to align your chakras...and carry on reading...

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yasuhiro Hagakure (Post 4623915)
Although just to make myself look -that- much worse, I gotta step out for about an hour. I'm picking up a PS4.

W-well...bye...

Kiyotaka Ishimaru 06-15-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yasuhiro Hagakure (Post 4623915)

Pick up overwatch while you’re at it and add me bbe

Kiyotaka Ishimaru 06-15-2018 08:01 PM

I won’t be on for phase end and I don’t see anything making me want to switch my vote off mondo

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 08:05 PM

I do not want to participate in killing my friends... but it is stop the culprits or be killed... At the trial I went to... there was more order...this lack of consensus as to who is the blackened... lack of evidence... I'm scared.

Kiyoko...I admire you very much...I want to hear what you have to say...

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 08:06 PM

S-sorry...I am very embarrassed... for misspelling your name...

Kyoko Kirigiri 06-15-2018 08:14 PM

I'm getting really tired of all my posts getting referred to for moderator review or whatever. So sorry in advance if this post shows up again later.

Some random stuff that jumped out at me:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makoto Naegi (Post 4623895)
celestia

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makoto Naegi (Post 4623896)
Elaboration to follow later

See, I don't care for this. Not the vote itself; Celestia has been active, so there's content to pick apart. But "elaboration to follow later" that never comes is a convenient way of parking a vote. I mean, it's clear from the sequence of posts what the vote was based on:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestia Ludenberg (Post 4623883)

But the promise of elaboration suggests there should be more.

Similarly,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toko Fukawa (Post 4623769)
Inaccurate. I have stated my thoughts on a few players. You are one of them.

I guess I just don't find it very useful to say someone's "probably town" or probably a wolf" without meaningful elaboration. Over time, you can probably build a profile on someone based on their reads, but it doesn't really contribute to the greater conversation. Whatever anyone thinks of all the Aoi stuff, at least it kind of forces people to address it. The most concrete thing I can find from Toko was questioning Mondo and Celestia over pushing Aoi--the rest seems to be mostly one-offs on posts that don't really even speak to a read on a given player. For someone whose tone has been pretty aggressive (albeit as a claimed roleplay/assumed tone), there's not really a lot of actual opinions here.

The reasons these sorts of posts bother me is that is that it's easier to dance around a position that you haven't really committed to with reasoning. The more you say about something, the more you have to answer for what you say. Just grabbing individual posts, going "that's scummy," and leaving doesn't really force you to defend your reasoning much later, because it's so limited in the first place.

Makoto Naegi 06-15-2018 08:18 PM

My motivation is very low atm, sorry I know I said I'd go hard but I'm not feeling it.

My vote is pretty simple, I don't like the complacency celestia showed.

The vote post she made was pretty much awful, she plopped a vote aoi, and didn't really analyze any of the info she presented outside of the initial suspicion aoi gave off at the start of the day. It's way too early to have such static reads, and you look like a wolf who found a good parking spot.

The "good luck finding someone to vote" is just the disgusting icing on that cake tbh. It's going to take a major revelation to convince me this isn't where my d0 vote shold be. Everyone else weigh in if you please

Makoto Naegi 06-15-2018 08:23 PM

Kyoko I think you need to dip your head in some water and freshen up.

Your strict adherence to the ideal twg player and measuring everyone to that standard is going to waste a lot of your time.

You should know there are other factors in play here. My duty to catch wolves is tempered by my intrest in the game as a factor of time. If you don't hear from me for an entire day phase or I don't pay off my previous promises by the end of the day (without explanation) them you should come at me with the stakes and you can feel justified doing so. Any less than that and your just spinning your wheels at best or posturing at worst

Kyoko Kirigiri 06-15-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byakuya Togami (Post 4623562)
I've said this a couple times, but that's bad, Kiyotaka. That being said, I can see an advantage of a townie knowing people's identities-- meta could help form better reads-- but the costs outweigh the benefits.

This is, at the very least, a consistently held opinion by Byakuya. I think I agree with it, at least for now. The danger presented by the Identity Wolf outweighs the value of prior meta at this stage.

Anyway, Byakuya on review has been pro-town--that doesn't necessarily mean towny, although I'm ready them that way as well. But there's a good mix of activity, pressure, and general discussion. More to the point,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byakuya Togami (Post 4623898)
makoto why

reads town to me. (The post is in response to Makoto's vote on Celestia). Celestia has been active as well, so I'm basically reading this as Byakuya being upset with this vote--meaning they're pro-Celestia, meaning they're committed to a pro-activity position. That feels like someone genuinely trying to keep the game going forward.

Leon Kuwata 06-15-2018 08:33 PM

I've been practicing my musical hobby so I've been away from the action. My activity will waver up and down because my availability is wonky. This will be cured soon.
I agree with content wolves as posted earlier

Kyoko Kirigiri 06-15-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makoto Naegi (Post 4623928)
Kyoko I think you need to dip your head in some water and freshen up.

Your strict adherence to the ideal twg player and measuring everyone to that standard is going to waste a lot of your time.

You should know there are other factors in play here. My duty to catch wolves is tempered by my intrest in the game as a factor of time. If you don't hear from me for an entire day phase or I don't pay off my previous promises by the end of the day (without explanation) them you should come at me with the stakes and you can feel justified doing so. Any less than that and your just spinning your wheels at best or posturing at worst

I mean, I've been absent for long periods today myself. My point is that posts that don't provide a why are, if not suspect, at least less useful than they should be.

Honestly, I'd have voted you right here for being defensive enough to respond to me in spite of your professed indifference--if you hadn't actually explained your vote. But you did, and your reason for it isn't terrible.

I actually found your early play interesting because it was so jokey and casual, yet seemed to hint that more was there. Motivated or not, you're someone I'd like to hear from more, because it seems like you can help move things along--to the extent you're motivated to, at least.

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 08:36 PM

W-well..Celestia's "complacency" if she's town is because she wants the information of an Aoi flip... and has otherwise given "Day passes" to most of the active players... but the backpedal to calling her own push fairly "insignificant"... is strange...I think... but it doesn't bother me besides that...

I was surprised she claimed having a good idea who the acquisitoner is early on...I think...for that not to be exaggerating... it makes more sense from a wolf... because they have the most information...

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 08:44 PM

Sayaka

Kiyotaka Ishimaru 06-15-2018 08:44 PM

i ended up not sleeping so early

there's 15 mins left for phase and votes have barely changed

phantoms are on guys

Kiyotaka Ishimaru 06-15-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon Kuwata (Post 4623930)
I agree with content wolves as posted earlier

what does this mean

Byakuya Togami 06-15-2018 08:45 PM

I have a pretty firm town read on Celestia. Not swinging that way.

I should get my vote off of Sayaka. I'll probably join the Aoi wagon if nothing better presents itself

Byakuya Togami 06-15-2018 08:46 PM

oh wait that was a game changer chihiro

Xiz 06-15-2018 08:46 PM

Votecount:

Sayaka: (2) Byakuya, Chihiro

Byakuya Togami 06-15-2018 08:48 PM

It would be nice if either Aoi or Sayaka were posting.

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 08:49 PM

I feel bad...b-because her role-playing made me happy... even if it does not seem difficult to fake...but I feel good about who I am now voting with... and I prefer it to most other choices...

I had hoped Kyoko would vote with me on Toko, or I would have changed sooner...

Kiyotaka Ishimaru 06-15-2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byakuya Togami (Post 4623936)
I have a pretty firm town read on Celestia. Not swinging that way.

I should get my vote off of Sayaka. I'll probably join the Aoi wagon if nothing better presents itself

I dont understand why you would want to change your vote when it had been tied 2nd place

Byakuya Togami 06-15-2018 08:50 PM

Why are voting with me? Did you also find Sayaka's posts to be off or what?

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 08:51 PM

I would be willing to try to start a vote on Leon...I think...if he will not take a stance here...

Kyoko Kirigiri 06-15-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junko Enoshima (Post 4623833)
I don't think Aoi is as new as they suggest

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junko Enoshima (Post 4623834)
I take back my "hard" town read because I'm nearly certain there's some duplicity with her outward projection, but I'm not fully revoking it because more often than not, aspects of her mindset are not being obfuscated

Okay, the more I look over this, the more it bothers me. I actually agree with the implication in the first quote. Aoi's responses sort of betray familiarity with the game at least, if not with this community (and even that's questionable). But the second post is really problematic, because it's couched so weirdly. The sense I got yesterday was that Junko was town-reading Aoi due to how Aoi was being pursued. But early heat of that nature is far more likely to come from town, which doesn't in and of itself lean town or wolf on Aoi.

Junko then revoked their "hard town read" given "duplicity with her outward projection"--which I assume reflects the immediately prior post. That's a reasonable position to take. But then there's "I'm not fully revoking it because more often than not, aspects of her mindset are not being obfuscated." What does that even mean? Hard town is a definitive statement--just say your position is softening if that's what it is. This feels like a lot of linguistic gymnastics to maintain a tenuous position--which is only reasonable if one is trying to leverage a guaranteed read that isn't really supported by the game. And to have such a read implies extra knowledge.

Combined with the overly mechanical vote on Byakuya and their total absence today despite high post count thus far, Junko seems like the best option so far.

Junko Enoshima

Byakuya Togami 06-15-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiyotaka Ishimaru (Post 4623941)
I dont understand why you would want to change your vote when it had been tied 2nd place

Sayaka was tied with a couple other people, and no one else was talking about Sayaka.

Byakuya Togami 06-15-2018 08:53 PM

Ok I'm really not comfortable with you voting with me, Chihiro. I hope you answer my question before EOD.

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 08:54 PM

Sayaka is pretty null to me...I do dislike the lack of any wolf reads as you pointed out...

Byakuya Togami 06-15-2018 08:55 PM

I'm going to be suspicious of you if Sayaka's lynched and flips town.

Xiz 06-15-2018 08:55 PM

Votecount:

Sayaka: (2) Byakuya, Chihiro
Junko: (1) Kyoko

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 08:57 PM

That is your prerogative...I am making the best judgment call I can...

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 08:57 PM

I am considering voting for Junko as well...

Kiyotaka Ishimaru 06-15-2018 08:58 PM

ok I guess I will join Sayaka.

I'm not satisfied by the followup from this post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayaka Maizono (Post 4623669)
I've only just returned from practice so I am starting to read now, but I am already formulating some thoughts so sit tight!

I agree they really only gave town reads and nothing scum leaning. They did disagree with Celest's points but she didn't seem to read Celest for it.

She defended Aoi which is one of the very few game related things she actually paid attention to so this is rather odd.

I guess her flip can help shine light on a possible Sayaka/Aoi pairing I guess. but maybe we should be lynching Aoi instead?? idk because i was reading Aoi as genuine but would a wolf be defending town Aoi?? I guess maybe for town points. Its something I actually tend to do as a wolf

also Mondo is not getting lynched apparently so yeah

Chihiro Fujisaki 06-15-2018 08:59 PM

Junko Enoshima

Let's live on the knife's edge...

Kiyotaka Ishimaru 06-15-2018 08:59 PM

wtf swap back no time

Xiz 06-15-2018 09:01 PM

Stop posting

Xiz 06-15-2018 09:01 PM

End of D1 Votecount:

Sayaka: (2) Byakuya, Kiyotaka
Junko: (2) Kyoko, Chihiro

Xiz 06-15-2018 09:11 PM

There is a 3 way KiTB

Hu hu.... who will it be... the knife has chosen....

Sayaka Maizono! The Roleblocker!

(wow looks like the knife LITERALLY chose her... hu hu huuuu)

It is now n1. Send me actions. Night 1 will end June 16th @9pm server.

Xiz 06-16-2018 08:28 PM

Time for some...

In any school, Mr. Monokuma would be a kind FFR player. But when I think about what's coming up...

...I'm just so full of pride and joy.

Our first killing yesterday was absolutely splendid. Thank you all very much.

Remember that you're all students of Hope's Peak Academy, and strive to refine your ideals.

I swear to you, I will send you all off into a new tomorrow!

Xiz 06-16-2018 09:10 PM

Good Morning everyone! Time for another beautiful day!

Ah... before I forget, a body was discovered!

Junko was the Aquisitioner. However, the Aquisitioner still lives!

But before we go.... Another body was discovered!

Celestia Ludenberg has died. She was Vanilla Town.

Day 2 will end in 48 hours. June 18th @ 9:00pm Server.

Makoto Naegi 06-16-2018 09:15 PM

Danganropa story spoilers I guess

Byakuya Togami 06-16-2018 09:18 PM

[twgv]Chihiro[twgv] what was that?

Byakuya Togami 06-16-2018 09:18 PM

Chihiro

Makoto Naegi 06-16-2018 09:19 PM

In other news I was completely wrong about celestia. And the day ended earlier than I thought it would so I ended up not doing anything of consequence near the end.

Oops.

Byakuya Togami 06-16-2018 09:20 PM

I will also be very busy from Sunday afternoon - Tuesday evening. If I'm unable to post much, that's why.

Makoto Naegi 06-16-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byakuya Togami (Post 4623997)
[twgv]Chihiro[twgv] what was that?

I mean it could have been a blatant attempt to bail out a partner but I'm not sure that's the most likely outcome yet

Makoto Naegi 06-16-2018 09:22 PM

If Chihiro ends up flipping wolf then aoi is lock town to me.