Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TWG CXLIX Infractions and general OOTC stuff (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144052)

Makilaz 03-11-2016 01:46 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX Infractions and general OOTC stuff

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4415231)
I would say no but I'm also an asshole

iawtp

Hakulyte 03-11-2016 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4415222)
this is why i didn't go into details. My point was that OOTC and OGI still 100% change the game even if a player says they "didn't let it affect their game".

haku's motivation behind actually cheating is very foggy, because he keeps trying to save face to others, and say other things. from what i've gathered, his strongest line of reasoning was that "he had to do something drastic to bring the issue of cheating to our attention". Which again, is in my opinion 100% bullshit, he could have stopped as soon as rzr contacted him, and reported it to sunfan. ez, people get modkilled or replaced out, no harm done. accidents happen. What's not an accident is proliferating the contact and continuing it throughout the game.

and once again, the point of the ban is to let the banned person know and understand that what they did was wrong, regardless of motivation.

That's close enough to my reality. I'd say go with this and do what you think is best from that. Considering I can't prove convictions, I think that's enough.
I don't think I can tell you things like "I've let it go to caught as many players as I can to bring them down with me" and legit have you believe me because of how I did it in the first place.
Since I can't justify either of these, I'd rather go with your post and end it here.

Tokzic 03-11-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 4415128)
[12:07:22 PM] Haku / Eman: trust me, I know how much I ruined the game, but there's other reasons as to why I did what I did.
[12:07:29 PM | Edited 12:07:24 PM] Haku / Eman: I hope it makes the future games more fair.
[12:07:57 PM] Haku / Eman: it's also forcing the hosts to make a thread about OoT and clarifying stuff.

this is like cooking meth, asking someone else to help you cook meth, getting caught, then saying "i agree, cooking meth is terrible, i only did this to see if my partner would turn us in, i'm really glad my actions could bring attention to the meth issue in this city"

if you really think cheating is terrible you should probably just

y'know

not cheat

Hakulyte 03-11-2016 02:11 PM

It's not because you don't cheat that others don't.

Since I ended up cheating, I figured I may as well do something about it.

Of course, the answer is to not cheat in the first place.

rzr 03-11-2016 02:16 PM

I can't believe your still justifying yourself lmao

It's kinda okay when you take a step bAck and look at how anal this is, you can always tell the real players from the internet kids

Hakulyte 03-11-2016 02:16 PM

Once again, I need to stop trying to justify things and make it clear.

What I did is wrong.
I regret it. (I have the worst avatar to make this sound genuine)
I spent the entire game feeling like shit.
I spent my entire time at work feeling like shit.
I got blocked on skype by some people.
I had a pretty shitty week overall.

Not much else I can say.

choof 03-11-2016 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4415242)
Since I ended up cheating, I figured I may as well do something about it.

yeah, like fucking turn in the person that's ruining a game for 10+ other people

choof 03-11-2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 4415245)
you can always tell the real players from the internet kids

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 4415142)

And Haku you're a stupid cunt snitch bru you fucked your own game up thanks for dragging me down with you ******

if we're going to make the distinction between real players and internet kids then someone get this shitlord a fuckin binky

YoshL 03-11-2016 02:22 PM

rzr, you've blamed and flamed haku for being caught, and that's the only thing you've done in thread pretty much.

any apology or remorse shown after this post is pretty much nulled - you've had your chance already

Red Blaster 03-11-2016 02:26 PM

Sorry to detract here, but I read "real players" in the most hilarious voice

Charu 03-11-2016 03:44 PM

Was it my voice?

DaBackpack 03-11-2016 04:42 PM

I think Haku should be forgiven.

DaBackpack 03-11-2016 04:44 PM

Maybe a light penalty for him, but it's clear he feels bad about what's he's done (just looking at the tone of his posts). The saving face isn't cool, but I see that as trying to maintain some dignity and look at the bright side.

I think he understands that what he did is wrong, and he didn't get punished the first time he did it, so it's not entirely fair to hold that against him (in its entirety, at least).

T-Force 03-11-2016 05:18 PM

Even so, what he did was still wrong, and done multiple times. Maybe some time away from playing will cool Haku's mind down and absorb the games.

Plus, as Haku said:
"I wanted to try to do every I can to learn how to play this game better"

Not many better ways to do so (via watching other peoples' styles, plus even a little meta-hunting) than to spectate.

That said, pushing boundaries ain't cool.. In many video games, pushing boundaries is a good thing because of what you can learn to play at a better level.
But this is a game based off of human interaction. We're not like a program that has set variables and elements - no matter how random it can be, it still has to fit within certain parameters. In fact, we're quite the opposite; that's what makes TWG so fun. Optimal play doesn't come from pushing the boundaries of the rules, but from pushing the boundaries of what people expect from you.

DaBackpack 03-11-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 4415275)
That said, pushing boundaries ain't cool.. In many video games, pushing boundaries is a good thing because of what you can learn to play at a better level.
But this is a game based off of human interaction. We're not like a program that has set variables and elements - no matter how random it can be, it still has to fit within certain parameters. In fact, we're quite the opposite; that's what makes TWG so fun. Optimal play doesn't come from pushing the boundaries of the rules, but from pushing the boundaries of what people expect from you.

this ^

YoshL 03-11-2016 05:45 PM

Quote:

Optimal play doesn't come from pushing the boundaries of the rules, but from pushing the boundaries of what people expect from you.
bootiful holy shit

T-Force 03-11-2016 07:06 PM

=')

As sad as this is, I'm quite happy that I finally have a post that have had people stop and applaud (for lack of better words). Now if only I could do that in-game.

Tokzic 03-11-2016 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 4415275)
Even so, what he did was still wrong, and done multiple times. Maybe some time away from playing will cool Haku's mind down and absorb the games.

Plus, as Haku said:
"I wanted to try to do every I can to learn how to play this game better"

Not many better ways to do so (via watching other peoples' styles, plus even a little meta-hunting) than to spectate.

This is very true. Ask hosts for links to deadchats where full game reveals are often available as soon as the game starts and watch the game unfold. It's a very good learning tool.

(but don't skype people about it LOL!!)

dAnceguy117 03-11-2016 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 4415142)
I got nothing to defend just wanna make it clear Haku came to me and this is 2 games in a row where the idiot would spill his role to me I should have said something when I did but I didn't let that tainted info influence anyone else the way that moron did

Anyway guys I got bigger shit to do with my life than play this game a 9 month ban seems pretty over reactive to me but hey you guys are the ones that gotta fill rosters

Bye ffrz till ano 4th we 6 yrs

And Haku you're a stupid cunt snitch bru you fucked your own game up thanks for dragging me down with you ******

lol peace out bud.

dAnceguy117 03-11-2016 07:40 PM

so what's the final decision on haku, or has one been made yet? the OP in this thread has a lot of words and nothing quantitative where it can be easily seen, and the OP of the penalty sticky was last updated in 2014.