Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   [Concluded] The RPG Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=138195)

Red Blaster 07-31-2014 11:47 AM

Re: The RPG Tournament

Ok since I'm going to be playing..might as well give this another read

Yeah..after re-reading everything I still don't comprehend wtf is going on here. I don't get how the classes will work, I don't get how stats will work..I just plain and simple don't get one bit of it to be honest.

devonin 07-31-2014 12:05 PM

Here's how I understand it.

Each day he'll list a song for your division. You'll decide whether you want to raise your str/int/dex/luck that round.

Then, based on your performance of the goal for that round compared to everybody else, you'll gain points in the stat you picked. The first time you pick a stat you use the first, easier way to determine how you did. The second time is harder, and the third+ time is harder still. This is probably to make it so you will spread out your stats a little more because it's easier to do the first thing of everything, than to do the third of one thing over and over.

At the end of the rounds, you'll basically have a character sheet with 4 stats on it, and he has a hidden algorithm for how to make characters fight each other.

Red Blaster 07-31-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4174798)
Here's how I understand it.

Each day he'll list a song for your division. You'll decide whether you want to raise your str/int/dex/luck that round.

Then, based on your performance of the goal for that round compared to everybody else, you'll gain points in the stat you picked. The first time you pick a stat you use the first, easier way to determine how you did. The second time is harder, and the third+ time is harder still. This is probably to make it so you will spread out your stats a little more because it's easier to do the first thing of everything, than to do the third of one thing over and over.

At the end of the rounds, you'll basically have a character sheet with 4 stats on it, and he has a hidden algorithm for how to make characters fight each other.

I get how it works in general..just not the specific class abilities. The wording is confusing. For instance Mage: "stat gains will be determined by how close to the normalized average raw score of the rest of the mages this round."

What if nobody else in my division decides to pick mage for the round that I do? Or does that span all divisions? Or does it wait until everyone in the division has played at least once as a mage? What if someone opts out of the mage class entirely? These are the things that I'm confused about.

YoshL 07-31-2014 01:00 PM

normalized average raw score
- basically i'm taking what % score you got out of your max, considering that each division has different songs

so how close to the average % you are will determine your stat gains. the closer you are, the more stats you gain.

if no-one else picks mage then you gain all the stat points. this also is unlikely because it does span all divisions.

each of the stat gains are calculated by round.

round 1 - someone picks str, someone2 picks dex, someone3 picks int, someone4 picks int, someone 5 picks luk

stat gains are calculated each round, based on how well you did against each person who also picked that stat to level up. in this case, someone1,2,and 5 gain all the stat points in that stat, and someone 3 and 4 would split the stat points.

since each stat point has a "bank", there's a set amount of stat points that can be distributed per round

gold stinger 07-31-2014 06:15 PM

in.

also, this might help you guys in making your decision for the tournament.

I find it funny that LUK & INT are the only 2 classes that make it easier & better the more you put stats into it, although LUK has a higher risk chance.

Kanzas 07-31-2014 07:26 PM

Holy crap, why'd I get D3? D:

gold stinger 07-31-2014 08:53 PM

Is tournament start date still en-route for August 1st or will it be delayed so that more people can join?

if it's not getting delayed, then HYPE. I'm so fucked everyone in D6 is better than me in some way .-.

YoshL 07-31-2014 10:07 PM

1 HOUR to go

krunkykai22 07-31-2014 10:14 PM

mmm 45 minutes.

Kanzas 07-31-2014 10:27 PM

hnnnnnnnng 30 minutes, but still not sure why I'm in D3 :'(

YoshL 07-31-2014 10:37 PM

your scores qualify you for D3. you've been boosting son

icontrolyourworld 07-31-2014 10:41 PM

i haven't donated to a tourney in a long time

krunkykai22 07-31-2014 10:43 PM

LOL that credit transaction jhaha

Sorie 07-31-2014 10:43 PM

I'm in. I'll try to sit down and understand this whole tournament before it starts. xD

YoshL 07-31-2014 10:44 PM

p.s. song selections are pseudo-up if you check the https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t#gid=59171909
SPREADSHEET

Lambdadelta 07-31-2014 10:46 PM

Too late to join?

YoshL 07-31-2014 10:47 PM

signups close at the end of round 1

gold stinger 07-31-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4175305)
p.s. song selections are pseudo-up if you check the https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t#gid=59171909
SPREADSHEET

is D6 song Electro Rushx8

if it's Mermaid Island I quit

YoshL 07-31-2014 10:48 PM

I didn't pick any secret, purchased, or token songs

Kanzas 07-31-2014 10:56 PM

D3 = aaa ?