Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Pokemon X and Y [no spoilers] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=132230)

JohnRedWolf87 10-16-2013 05:10 PM

Re: Pokemon X and Y [no spoilers]

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 3997820)
good find, JRW. hahaha.

I love Brawl in the Family. :P

SCWolf 10-16-2013 06:42 PM

I picked up a 2DS and Y today. I wasn't intending on getting a 2DS, but they were sold out of 3DS's. Not really disappointed after using it. It feels solid, and doesn't look as stupid in real life.

Game is really fun though. This is the first Pokemon game I've played since Crystal.

DragonIIDX 10-17-2013 02:55 AM

I'm more tempted to get this game now after looking up some gameplay videos and stuff. I've only played the N64 Pokémon games, so I'm basically a noob to the Pokémon gaming world. I might get Y since less people here have that one. Maybe I'll get it next week or the week after sometime. Damn it peer pressure...

Xx{Fallen}xX 10-17-2013 08:20 AM

Just got Pokemon Y, rip life

dAnceguy117 10-17-2013 11:26 AM

PEER PRESSURE, PEER PRESSURE

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCWolf (Post 3998244)
I picked up a 2DS and Y today. I wasn't intending on getting a 2DS, but they were sold out of 3DS's. Not really disappointed after using it. It feels solid, and doesn't look as stupid in real life.

I honestly find that surprising, haha. good stuff.

kommisar 10-17-2013 05:52 PM

Just got it today. I'm super casual player even though I play the fuck out of pokemon games (I don't get into technical EVs and shit)

only 8bit gameboy gen pokemon for me (1st and 2nd gen)

got a SUPER OG TEAM RIGHT NOW

Braixen (Stank Patrol)
Raichu
Bellossom
Wartortle

gonna get espeon eventually too

SUPER impressed with the detail and feel of this game. It's basically everything my 10 year old soul wanted from a pokemon game. A 3D pokemon game that looked and played like pokemon stadium, but was a full game (except it looks better than pokemon stadium loooooool). The customization is pretty cool as well, I appreciate the detail, the cool camera views, ROLLER BLADING YEAAAAA, and a bunch of other stuff. Honestly as a super nostalgia pokemon faget that still thinks 2nd gen is best gen, this comes reaaaaaaaally close to my personal favorite pokemon game. I'm still waiting for that pokemon game where you can revisit all the areas though hue

Pseudo Enigma 10-17-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3999304)
Just got it today. I'm super casual player even though I play the fuck out of pokemon games (I don't get into technical EVs and shit)

YESSSS Kommi is on board! join da skype room

Fantasticone 10-17-2013 06:18 PM

Got X version yesterday and just got my fifth badge. Game is worth the buy, wish my friends would try it but they won't give it a chance.

Choofers 10-17-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3999304)

it's so fuckin trivial to EV train now, you can spend an hour ev training a pokemon and it makes battling SO MUCH MORE AWESOME

seriously, I maxed out attack EVs on a beedrill (for shits and giggles) and it was a beast when it got to like level 45

but I'd have to agree, this game is probably my favorite since ruby/sapphire

Xiz 10-17-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasticone (Post 3999323)
Got X version yesterday and just got my fifth badge.

Holy balls dude I've had it for a week and just got my 4th badge this morning.

gg im slow

Pseudo Enigma 10-17-2013 06:32 PM

I beat the game within 30 hrs of release. 2fast4thisthread

Xiz 10-17-2013 06:36 PM

Well i'm that guy who is sitting staring at a rock for like 30 mins, then realize i can go around the rock to continue the game. Then a pidgy takes out my whole party.

kommisar 10-18-2013 05:21 AM

issues (aw shiet)

-game is ridiculously easy to level now. I find myself well above the gym leaders' levels by the time I get there.

-gyms don't have the super awesome scenery and decor black and white had. they have cool gimmicks but aren't NEARLY as cool as, say, Elesa's gym in bw2. That shit was off the chain. Also there aren't any puzzles to the gyms anymore. It's either really easy or just go in a straight line like older pokemon games.

-Battles aren't as epic anymore. when you're low in health the music doesn't change (not a big deal but it's dramer) and the gym leaders don't have a cool last stand theme that plays when you're about to spank them. It's pretty anti-climactic.

kommisar 10-18-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma (Post 3999331)
I beat the game within 30 hrs of release. 2fast4thisthread

werster beat it in 9:20:00 in his first playthrough

get jacked

dAnceguy117 10-18-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3999770)
-game is ridiculously easy to level now. I find myself well above the gym leaders' levels by the time I get there.

-gyms don't have the super awesome scenery and decor black and white had. they have cool gimmicks but aren't NEARLY as cool as, say, Elesa's gym in bw2. That shit was off the chain. Also there aren't any puzzles to the gyms anymore. It's either really easy or just go in a straight line like older pokemon games.

-Battles aren't as epic anymore. when you're low in health the music doesn't change (not a big deal but it's dramer) and the gym leaders don't have a cool last stand theme that plays when you're about to spank them. It's pretty anti-climactic.

1) I wouldn't know yet but that's what I hear. could turn off exp share if you want to handicap yourself a bit.

2) :(:(:(

3) I actually kinda like this. I would only hear the "low health" music for 2 seconds every time, so I never paid attention to it. as long as the buzzer's volume is fixed, all good. same with the last stand song; never played for long enough, so it was like a full song I never got to hear.

kommisar 10-18-2013 07:45 AM

the beep is just normal now, but it doesn't keep going while selecting items or attacking anymore so it's not all the fuckin time

FFR4EVA_00 10-18-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Also there aren't any puzzles to the gyms anymore. It's either really easy or just go in a straight line like older pokemon games.

have you done gyms 6 or 8 yet

Quote:

agreeing with this, i feel like there were separate teams working on gen 5 and gen 6 because this gen doesn't carry over a lotta cool shit from gen 5

also the champion was a pushover even though all of my pokemon were UNDER their levels
i'm workin on da pokedicks now
one last thing: why does no one in this game outside of the elite four know you can use more than three pokemon on a team besides the mandatory "lul six magikarp" guy
gadDAM

Choofers 10-18-2013 08:36 PM

making a full dragon team, one from each gen (basically shoed into kingdra for gen 2 gg)

should be fun

Pseudo Enigma 10-18-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3999778)
werster beat it in 9:20:00 in his first playthrough

get jacked

Dayummmm around 1/3 of my total time.

Quote:

this

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3999808)
the beep is just normal now, but it doesn't keep going while selecting items or attacking anymore so it's not all the fuckin time

I noticed this and totally praised my 3ds system flat out before my family that it doesn't beep incessantly anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFR4EVA_00 (Post 3999846)
agreeing with this, i feel like there were separate teams working on gen 5 and gen 6 because this gen doesn't carry over a lotta cool shit from gen 5

Interesting take on it.

I wonder if Pokemon Z (if that's going to be a thing...) will take a few pages out of BW2's handy dandy notebook.

edit:FUCK

I JUST GOT IT. XY - 2D. XYZ 3D. Z CONFIRMED. SLOW AS FUCK

dAnceguy117 10-18-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFR4EVA_00 (Post 3999846)

I thought the same thing about HG/SS and gen 5. a lotta steps forward and a few steps back.