Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   James May's Wheel of Arrowsmashing II (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=126215)

mrpreggers 10-8-2012 06:09 PM

Re: James May's Wheel of Arrowsmashing II

Just lump me in with D5 and give me a reasonable handicap.

XxMidigamixX 10-8-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPreggers (Post 3784573)
Just lump me in with D5 and give me a reasonable handicap.

If it comes down to that, then I shall. I just need to think of a reasonable handicap xd

MetalAtlas 10-8-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxMidigamixX (Post 3778121)
Welcome to the second installment of My Wheel of Arrowsmahing Tournament!

not to troll, but figured I'd point this out since i just noticed it. Also, hows this team thing gonna work? are we facing other divisions with a handicap, or are you trying to get way more people?

XxMidigamixX 10-8-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalAtlas (Post 3784593)
not to troll, but figured I'd point this out since i just noticed it. Also, hows this team thing gonna work? are we facing other divisions with a handicap, or are you trying to get way more people?

ah, I just realized that x.x thanks for pointing out. As for the teams, since unfortunately we don't have enough to do a 4 3-man team per division (with that the teams in the divisions would compete against each other), the Divisions are going to be split in two, D1 having D1 - D3 and D2 having D4 - D6. If you're in D3, then you are only facing the teams that are in the D1 grouping. Will there be a handicap? Probably not. Hopefully the teams balance out to have 1 per divsion (that is if you are in the D1 grouping, the balanced team would have one from D1, D2, & D3; likewise for the D2 grouping).

_Fluttershy_ 10-9-2012 01:19 AM

I'm in! I'd most likely be D4

MetalAtlas 10-9-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxMidigamixX (Post 3784600)
ah, I just realized that x.x thanks for pointing out. As for the teams, since unfortunately we don't have enough to do a 4 3-man team per division (with that the teams in the divisions would compete against each other), the Divisions are going to be split in two, D1 having D1 - D3 and D2 having D4 - D6. If you're in D3, then you are only facing the teams that are in the D1 grouping. Will there be a handicap? Probably not. Hopefully the teams balance out to have 1 per divsion (that is if you are in the D1 grouping, the balanced team would have one from D1, D2, & D3; likewise for the D2 grouping).

thats not a bad idea. also, as a suggestion, not saying thats its better or worse, but you could do what i did for my team tourney a couple years back and each team's division would have different songs, to make it fair. Like, The first team of d1-d3, d1 would face the other d1 in such a song, d2 would face the other teams d2 in other, etc. You could do it so that, if I score higher than the other teams d3, then our team gets a point. The team with the most points (or the most wins) gets the overall victory. Just an idea

XxMidigamixX 10-9-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalAtlas (Post 3784817)
thats not a bad idea. also, as a suggestion, not saying thats its better or worse, but you could do what i did for my team tourney a couple years back and each team's division would have different songs, to make it fair. Like, The first team of d1-d3, d1 would face the other d1 in such a song, d2 would face the other teams d2 in other, etc. You could do it so that, if I score higher than the other teams d3, then our team gets a point. The team with the most points (or the most wins) gets the overall victory. Just an idea

That would be good if D2 was balanced haha. Anyhow, updated wit hthe teams and the people that needs to be in a team. we need 1 more D2 & D3 player to be in the D1 teams, and for D2, either another D5 player or a D6 player (with handicap placed)

ReikonKeiri 10-9-2012 09:47 AM

my team seems... strong. Pettanko Preggers too good.

Might I suggest 3-4 day rounds? Making this as long as the official with so few teams seems unnecessary. I for 1 know I can rarely improve tourney scores after the first day so the long week just drags on and on... Try to grab zak middie or charu for the last D2 team

XxMidigamixX 10-9-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReikonKeiri (Post 3784895)
my team seems... strong. Pettanko Preggers too good.

Might I suggest 3-4 day rounds? Making this as long as the official with so few teams seems unnecessary. I for 1 know I can rarely improve tourney scores after the first day so the long week just drags on and on... Try to grab zak middie or charu for the last D2 team

well, I haven't seen any of Pregger's pettanko scores, so I can't tell if he's good on pettanko or not. I also wanted to make it a week so that people can have plenty of time to submit their scores and if they're involved in other tournies so that they won't get cluttered with submissions and whatnot

xXOpkillerXx 10-9-2012 10:28 AM

I'm thinking about joining but yeah, 1 week rounds might make me forget about this after 1 or 2 weeks .-.

XxMidigamixX 10-9-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 3784906)
I'm thinking about joining but yeah, 1 week rounds might make me forget about this after 1 or 2 weeks .-.

alright. I'll think about shortening the rounds to 3-4 days.

Micah_ 10-9-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 3784906)

You should join! :)

xXOpkillerXx 10-9-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micah_ (Post 3784912)
You should join! :)

Well 4 days is ok I guess, let me know how I have to play the songs.

XxMidigamixX 10-9-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 3784916)
Well 4 days is ok I guess, let me know how I have to play the songs.

alright~ I might also have you play on semi-pettanko just like how I have Preggers listed.

updated OP

mrpreggers 10-9-2012 01:22 PM

100% legitimate semi-pettanko score.. so embarrassing.

ReikonKeiri 10-9-2012 04:48 PM

you could have op and preggers play normally, just have op play with the lower tiered D4 players. Should be close

kangolokster 10-9-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPreggers (Post 3784941)
100% legitimate semi-pettanko score.. so embarrassing.

TF are you doing? lmao
dude just play at D6

XxMidigamixX 10-9-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReikonKeiri (Post 3785009)
you could have op and preggers play normally, just have op play with the lower tiered D4 players. Should be close

hmm...I guess so.

edit: made some adjustments to the teams. no special playstyle for preggers and op, but they have 2 D4 teammates to keep the balance

jductape 10-10-2012 12:33 AM

Gaaaaa! So much hype!!!

XxMidigamixX 10-10-2012 08:07 AM

Tourney starts in 9 hours. I'll probably get started on choosing the songs and work on the spreadsheet later. PMs will be sent out ah hour prior to the tourney starting. And a tip for everyone: This is a team tourney so communication amongst the team that you are involved in is crucial if you don't want to get penalized just because a teammate didn't submit in time. So please, grab each other's phone numbers, emails, IMs, Skype, whatever you prefer to communicate by and enjoy the tourney~