Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Anime North (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117533)

BethanyBangs 03-2-2011 03:37 PM

Re: Anime North

Let's see if i drove it would take 38 hrs 13 mins. LOL damn we need an FFR meetup in California.

ddr_f4n 03-2-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xealix (Post 3428061)
That sounds pretty epic. It sounds like a must attend con for anyone in the area. It would be interesting if i could find a way there next year.

It's the biggest thing what'd you expect? Well...unless you're not willing to dish out $60 for the entire weekend visit.

VarleyisDance 03-2-2011 04:00 PM

Woot my roommate said he'd go with me :)

xealix 03-2-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddr_f4n (Post 3428073)
It's the biggest thing what'd you expect? Well...unless you're not willing to dish out $60 for the entire weekend visit.

Well just because its the biggest does not mean it is the best. xD I am sure it is though. $60 is cheap though even the smaller ones here end up costing way more then that. Of course i am sure with travel expenses it would end up costing far more then that for me.

LJRoX 03-2-2011 04:20 PM

Whaaat, you guys are all cosplaying?

Hmm, I call dibs on Kourin lol

kommisar 03-2-2011 04:30 PM

i'm doing vocaloid len again

and Jun Satō from Working!! if gundam-dude lets me hehu

ddr_f4n 03-2-2011 04:43 PM

I'm going in there as Gpop, the awesome touhou pad stepfiler :V

Gundam-Dude 03-2-2011 05:36 PM

I'm going as that button armoured hat guy carrying around a plush (it is a secret until AN arrives)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3428100)
and Jun Satō from Working!! if gundam-dude lets me hehu

why would I disapprove man. you just gotta straighten your fro hair and do the hair_over_one_eye thing

kommisar 03-2-2011 05:58 PM

I can do that very easily. jess is threatening to kill me if i use temporary dye. i'm doing it anyway

ddrxero64 03-2-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurleyisgod (Post 3421005)
ok so. I've heard of anime north, but ive never gone. for those who dont know, its in toronto on may 27-29.

Im a newb when it comes to conventions, ive never been to any. I really want to go to anime north this year though, but i know next to nothing about it. so if anyone has any tips or even super awesome stories from when they went to something like this, feel free to let me know/post.

P.S. is anyone else going? o.o it would be awesome to meet up and do shit, cause i doubt id be going with any of my friends (they arent into this stuff at all)

I'm going to an anime convention in 2 months for the first time too. I heard Anime Boston was great, so I'm attending this year.

I hear that these anime conventions can get pretty annoying. They're like real life forums. There are cool people, creeps/stalkers, the 40 year old dudes, and of course, the trolls. Unlike forums, it gets hard to ignore them. Last year the annoying thing they did was say "buttscratchaaa!" and play the p**** game over and over. You should definitely go with at least one person you know. I'd advise you not to try and socialize too much, there are some crazy people. A friend of mine said he heard about a guy who met a nice girl who invited him to her hotel room. Once he stepped in she started screaming like a maniac and called security. Some of these people are mental.

Have fun! xD But yea, do it for the experience, not the people.

ddr_f4n 03-2-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddrxero64 (Post 3428143)
A friend of mine said he heard about a guy who met a nice girl who invited him to her hotel room. Once he stepped in she started screaming like a maniac and called security. Some of these people are mental.

Have fun! xD But yea, do it for the experience, not the people.

Haha seriously? I never see any of those people at AN. There made be some...over-hyper people, but other than that I don't really see the "creeps". Most of them are really cool people there :P

ddrxero64 03-2-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddr_f4n (Post 3428148)
Haha seriously? I never see any of those people at AN. There made be some...over-hyper people, but other than that I don't really see the "creeps". Most of them are really cool people there :P

Haha, Anime North is Canada right? Gosh, I need to get out of New England. The weather is crap, the events are crap, arcades are minimal, and we're some of the worst drivers -__-

Edit: To answer your question, it's probably a regional thing. I hear that another convention in the area, CTCon, isn't that bad. Anime Boston is just notorious for attracting these creeps.

kommisar 03-2-2011 07:09 PM

yo xero you goin to pax east?

ddrxero64 03-2-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3428156)
yo xero you goin to pax east?

Yea, that's august right? I plan to. To be honest, Anime Boston is my first real convention I'm going to. I never had the opportunity to go to these things. I hope to go to many this summer, including CTCon, Anime Boston, PAX East, and whatever comes my way.

I am definitely hitting up a LOT of raves this summer too haha

kommisar 03-2-2011 07:51 PM

pax east is in a week in boston lol

i'll be there

ddrxero64 03-2-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3428169)
pax east is in a week in boston lol

i'll be there

Haha, I see. I must be thinking about another convention then, some MAGfest related convention I think. I don't plan to do much until like April anyway, so I probably couldn't have come. Maybe you can stop by my house xDD It's in Western MA.

I'll get some liquor if you're interested. Stepmania is way more fun when you're drunk. :P

AlexDest 03-2-2011 08:14 PM

would be driving 13 hours and 1 min to get to toronto

welp

kommisar 03-2-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddrxero64 (Post 3428173)
Haha, I see. I must be thinking about another convention then, some MAGfest related convention I think. I don't plan to do much until like April anyway, so I probably couldn't have come. Maybe you can stop by my house xDD It's in Western MA.

I'll get some liquor if you're interested. Stepmania is way more fun when you're drunk. :P

I would, but I'd have no means of getting there lol. Especially since we're coming from eastern New-brunswick. maybe next meetup B)

ddrxero64 03-2-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3428193)
I would, but I'd have no means of getting there lol. Especially since we're coming from eastern New-brunswick. maybe next meetup B)

*looks up New Brunswick*

Oh, I see. What are you doing in New Jersey? I thought you lived in Canada? If you took the right highway, you'd be like 25-30 minutes away from me at closest point, maybe closer. But yea, maybe next meetup

kommisar 03-2-2011 08:55 PM

dude

wrong new-brunswick. look up moncton