Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

psychoangel691 01-28-2016 03:16 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 [Regular batch: OPEN]

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeZe (Post 4401970)
I just happened to post like two days too late, when things got kicked on the move again. All I knew by that point was that there had been only 3 sets judged of the hard songs batch and the regular was on a complete standstill too. By the time I posted that I thought that things were still like this and nothing was being done. I am only worried about things, and I thing that it is really better to post things like this than no posts at all for weeks. You may think differently.

So because you hadn't been on in a few days and didn't bother to even look around at what has been done, that gives you the right to post rudely then use it as an excuse? I posted several times after the post you quoted, there was no reason for you to not see that we were trying to figure it out.
Dossar posted about the regular batch, the official tournament batch has 10 sets done (that's 50 files) a lot of which were pulled from the old batches. Plus the hard songs batch stuff you already mentioned. So I guess a lot more has been done then you realize eh?

Quote:

But to be honest, if you think that I as a normal user am completely unimportant, you don't need to use your precious time to answer my messages.

No one said normal users weren't important, you're just a dick about it when you post things.

Quote:

PS: If my comments cause people to stop trying to do their jobs, they shouldn't be doing it in the first place. No criticism allowed, yippy fucking yay.

Guess you're right I shouldn't be doing it at all, so let me take all the work I've done, remove the forum etc etc so that it's back to no progress at all. That way your whining would be justified I guess. Do you listen to yourself when you post? I also never said it was just your comments, it's whenever people start getting rude and don't even bother to consider all the work people already put in to the site for free. It feels pretty shitty to pour a lot of work into something only to hear you aren't doing enough.

On the no criticism allowed comment, refer to what I said before. You're not giving criticism you're being a dick to staff because things aren't moving fast enough for you. Oh no wait, it's because you can't even be bothered to look into what's going on before opening your mouth.

This is the last time I will be responding to you talking this way. If you have actual questions and real criticism I will be more than happy to address it. Otherwise be patient and I hope this will be out by the weekend.

Edit: oh yeah and all this too especially the part I bolded

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4401973)
part a) being super passive-aggressive. not needed.

part b) what i get from this is "i shouldn't have to care about what comes out of my mouth, it's everyone else's problem"

did you ever bother to take a step back and try to figure out why people were calling you out? It's not so much as criticism as you trying to attribute progress to yourself. Your explanation that you gave does not match up with the types of posts you were making, which makes your explanation seem like bullshit, whether it's actually true or not lol

It's really annoying to keep seeing you pat yourself on the back for projects that already had been in motion before you even said a word.

hi19hi19 01-28-2016 03:47 PM

Without reading all this shit because I've seen it all like dozens of times, I think the important message here is:

We all know FFR judging has had some issues and is over a year behind schedule. You don't need to point that out because it's obvious.

So if you can DO something about this, don't say anything, just go fucking do it (read: we are obviously in need of judges, so go judge)
If you're just going to make noise about the delays, don't bother, because pretty much everything has been said already.

Either way, writing anything in this thread that is not "I'll help judge!" wastes everyone's time.
I'd rather people be writing walls of file notes than walls of replies to 10 year old debates about judging systems.

my 2c

TC_Halogen 01-28-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4401992)

So if you can DO something about this, don't say anything, just go fucking do it (read: we are obviously in need of judges, so go judge)

yeah fucker help us out :mrgreen:

TC_Halogen 01-28-2016 03:58 PM

seriously though people being uncaring dipshits is annoying and doesn't help anything though

SKG_Scintill 01-28-2016 03:58 PM

I'll help judge!

psychoangel691 01-28-2016 04:03 PM

Soon everyone will be able to help judge \o/

XelNya 01-28-2016 04:41 PM

I think we need a new thread

as the page counter is broken for me lol

Charu 01-28-2016 04:42 PM

Blame Plop-a-doopy-doo!

Also, nice!

psychoangel691 01-28-2016 04:47 PM

Working on having images of the files up for you guys as well. It wont be the ffr noteskin but at least there will be something to refer to when you talk about a section of a file.

noname219 01-28-2016 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4402009)
I think we need a new thread

as the page counter is broken for me lol

Broken for me too, testing if my post will appear.

Deidara837 01-28-2016 09:00 PM

Oh yeah that's been doing that for a while now, at first I was confused but now I'm just accepting of the mindfuckery

MarioNintendo 01-28-2016 09:10 PM

Sent this
https://soundcloud.com/kv_creator/heavens-gate-remake-ver

unleash the stream!!

psychoangel691 01-28-2016 10:05 PM

New forum is public!

Keep in mind some things will still probably be changed around a little, but it's a good start.

Made a thread for any feedback or questions you guys may have about the new forum or system http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...60#post4402060

HeZe 01-29-2016 01:40 AM

I would like two of my files removed from the batches. I will probably submit them later again, once they are a bit better.

Daddy can change from hard songs batch
my addiction from july/august

cheers

E1: Sorry that I appear to be so needy now, but I noticed something in the batch engine:
- Resistance 8 seems to be available to play in July 2015 batch, but it belongs to hard songs batch.
- {The Traveller} in January 2015 batch has a terrible offsync. Now I know what psychoangel meant. I as a dumbass had not added silence in the beginning of the song and replaced that with a negative offset in stepmania. I sent a fixed version with silence in beginning to regularsubmissions email.

E2: A lot of things have indeed been done. Wow! :D

SKG_Scintill 01-29-2016 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeZe (Post 4402160)

Patronizing fuck

psychoangel691 01-29-2016 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeZe (Post 4402160)
I would like two of my files removed from the batches. I will probably submit them later again, once they are a bit better.

Daddy can change from hard songs batch
my addiction from july/august

cheers

E1: Sorry that I appear to be so needy now, but I noticed something in the batch engine:
- Resistance 8 seems to be available to play in July 2015 batch, but it belongs to hard songs batch.
- {The Traveller} in January 2015 batch has a terrible offsync. Now I know what psychoangel meant. I as a dumbass had not added silence in the beginning of the song and replaced that with a negative offset in stepmania. I sent a fixed version with silence in beginning to regularsubmissions email.

Resistance 8 was still showing in the batch search engine under the July batch when I opened the list, I hadn't seen that it was transferred. So my fault there.
I have no access to remove anything from the engine so you'll have to wait on that.

The silence in the beginning wouldn't matter with the converter I use. However I finally figured out why some of your files weren't opening in ddream for me though it's because they were labelled "heavy" instead of "hard" in the .sm

DossarLX ODI 01-29-2016 07:30 AM

Keep in mind the Batch Search Engine Demo site was last updated on January 1st this year and a lot of transfers have happened to the Official Tournament Batch since then. I'm trying to work something out with PrawnSkunk this weekend to get the new Batch Search Engine site up and running because I agree that this is taking much longer than it should -- with the new site, several admin users will be able to update the batches including song submissions without having to constantly restart a server and modify a data file directly (which is very error prone).

What I would suggest in the meantime is to follow the Official Tournament Special Batch thread for anything regarding transfers from regular batches to the OT Batch.

psychoangel691 01-29-2016 07:35 AM

Resistance was hard songs batch though not OT and sure enough when I searched the title on it's own it's showing in both the July batch and the hard songs batch. I didn't search songs individually just went batch by batch, that was my oversight.

DossarLX ODI 01-29-2016 07:45 AM

I see what you mean now (two results when the file belongs to Hard Songs Batch). This is why I don't like manually modifying the data file, duplicates like this can happen easily.

On that note, Resistance 8 does have lead notes and it just needs reviewer notes (it's part of Phase 1 which has a full set of lead notes).

HeZe 01-29-2016 12:48 PM

Handsonic in Jan/Feb 2015 set 2 is clearly not finished. Check the stepfile image

http://telperion.ws/smexy/php/view-x..._gimmix=gimmix