Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

MarioNintendo 01-24-2016 08:27 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 [Regular batch: OPEN]

I was wondering id the fixes for PWRPFF RAVES have been accepted. I tried to look at the status page, but it seems to be down at the moment..

Silvuh 01-25-2016 11:47 PM

so, yeah, i'm just going to quit ffr. i really am the worst game manager the site has had. i wasted so much of everyone's time. i kept thinking i would be able to make up for it, but i just don't have it in me. sorry.

so i'd rather not be here at all.

i'll still be on skype, but please don't try to talk to me about this.

SKG_Scintill 01-26-2016 06:56 AM

rip

Charu 01-26-2016 07:17 AM

So when can we make judging of files be public like the osu! community?

I still, after two years of suggesting this, think that's the best course of action given how small FFR is.

TC_Halogen 01-26-2016 07:44 AM

DossarLX ODI 01-26-2016 08:32 AM

Waking up and seeing that post was unfortunate, although I have a plan for transitioning with Silvuh's leave from the GM Team:
- Post the Set 4 Notes for November/December 2014.
- I have someone else in mind for being a GM that will fill in Silvuh's position, but I'm going to discuss this with staff members first.
- TC_Halogen is going to work on the remaining sets assigned to him, and I'll try to leverage time for some reviewer judging this weekend as well.

I probably gave too many chances and it resulted in delays for judging. In the future I'll be less lenient, all these delays have been detrimental to the stepartists.

TC_Halogen 01-26-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 4400806)
Waking up and seeing that post was unfortunate, although I have a plan for transitioning with Silvuh's leave from the GM Team:
- Post the Set 4 Notes for November/December 2014.
- I have someone else in mind for being a GM that will fill in Silvuh's position, but I'm going to discuss this with staff members first.
- TC_Halogen is going to work on the remaining sets assigned to him, and I'll try to leverage time for some judging this weekend as well.

I probably gave too many chances and it resulted in delays for judging. In the future I'll be less lenient, all these delays have been detrimental to the stepartists.

I'm still working on official tournament batch stuff, but I'm literally going to just tank through all of this, get it all done and then come back and work on these sets that you've mentioned as well. There's pressing priorities all over the place and I just want to hit them all at once now. If that means I've gotta sit down and just get all of these files done in large sets, then... so be it.

If there's the potential to give another active judge the main sets, that might be a more viable solution at the moment since my attention has been and still will remain the official tournament batch.

psychoangel691 01-26-2016 09:35 AM

Discussing with Dossar some things that should probably happen with the batch at this point. We'll give you all an update later when we have things more solid.

Kraezymann 01-26-2016 09:44 AM

Is there any way I can help?

psychoangel691 01-26-2016 10:36 AM

Not currently, there's a lot of things that need to be smoothed out if we do go to a more public system. Most permissions are based on the mp3s not being distributed which means we can't just post up the zips for people to grab. We'd have to set up a new engine or something for public judging.

Just don't worry for now, we're working on it and will update you guys on where we are.

t-rogdor 01-26-2016 04:17 PM

im here 2 help if you need me bbs

psychoangel691 01-26-2016 04:23 PM

We're still working on getting everything together, just wanted to give a quick update. I've started setting up a new forum for batch/judgement stuff. It's currently private while it's being set up but you all should see it soon.

psychoangel691 01-26-2016 06:53 PM

Have made a good deal of progress and are smoothing out a few blips. I'm waiting for Dossar to get back from his meeting to see when we can roll this out.

Edit: Looks like gonna still take a lil bit longer, bear with us. Will give more updates tomorrow.

HeZe 01-27-2016 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4400801)

So when can we make judging of files be public like the osu! community?

I still, after two years of suggesting this, think that's the best course of action given how small FFR is.

God damn it, if this doesn't happen,

FFR'S GOING TO DIE!!

obviously, bruh

psychoangel691 01-27-2016 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeZe (Post 4401330)
God damn it, if this doesn't happen,

FFR'S GOING TO DIE!!

obviously, bruh

Did you pay attention to any of my posts?

(p.s. I've been suggesting a public system since like 2011)

SKG_Scintill 01-27-2016 11:12 AM

hipsters

HeZe 01-27-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4401333)
Did you pay attention to any of my posts?

(p.s. I've been suggesting a public system since like 2011)

A lot of things have been promised before. Things are progressing but not fast enough. This system is not sustainable as long as it takes more time than two months to judge a batch.

Why aren't we having the public system then? Is it because ONE person with too much power is against it? "We have always had this system and it works." Well FFR hasn't been this quiet in fucking ages. Something drastic needs to be done, and I'm not even sure is even that good enough.

A shitload of new things and concepts have been applied since the thread I made a couple of months ago, but we face a problem when there are not any more people to work with them than there was before. The amount of concepts and responsibilities should go to an absolute minimum.

Charu 01-27-2016 04:07 PM

Relax bro, she already said she was doing something about making it public. Wait a little and see what happens.

psychoangel691 01-27-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeZe (Post 4401365)
A lot of things have been promised before. Things are progressing but not fast enough. This system is not sustainable as long as it takes more time than two months to judge a batch.

Why aren't we having the public system then? Is it because ONE person with too much power is against it? "We have always had this system and it works." Well FFR hasn't been this quiet in fucking ages. Something drastic needs to be done, and I'm not even sure is even that good enough.

A shitload of new things and concepts have been applied since the thread I made a couple of months ago, but we face a problem when there are not any more people to work with them than there was before. The amount of concepts and responsibilities should go to an absolute minimum.

Are you really that dense that you didn't understand the fact that I'm working on making it public? The number of hours I've dumped into FFR trying to make this work the last two days is ridiculous. Your files are part of what's slowing me down because I don't know what you do but the offset is always way off and I can't get them to open in ddream for some reason so I have to take extra time to get them right to get them on the engine.

So if you'd kindly back off, I'd appreciate it.

By the way, my job here is events. I've been busting my butt as it to get the OT going. Now I've jumped on here to help get this going and I'm still working on the OT batch. I'm slightly limited because I don't have access to upload files to the engine we're using I have to catch dossar between his busy schedule, and let me tell you he's busting his ass for ffr stuff despite having a busy outside life.

TC_Halogen 01-27-2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeZe (Post 4401365)

as the person you so nicely complimented in the what's happening thread, heed my words:

back the fuck off and wait for progress to actually happen. things just started in motion -yesterday-, and there has been progress already made. if you took the time to realize who all is working on stuff, you'd realized that you have two of the most transparent staff members working on making progress.

this kind of impatience when change is abound is why people hate working in the first place.