Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

G.S.M 05-22-2011 08:24 AM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3468599)
Hey, how about this: include a setting that lets us mute everything. Random sound effects, song music, menu music if any. I'm sure your first reaction will be to go "but it's a RHYTHM GAME, qq!" but some charts are honestly easier to hit without having the music turned on. Right now, the only way for me to play without music is to completely mute my computer's sound, and this isn't a great option because it gets boring so I'd really like to be able to listen to something else (a show, a youtube video, even some other music) while I'm playing. Given that I have XP and use a standalone, I don't see any other way to get this effect.

go to your computers volume on the taskbar and you can turn off plugin-container (firefox) if you have something open in your browser that utilizes plugin-container, otherwise it won't show up.

you can play without muting your entire computer... just your browser!

qqwref 05-22-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.S.M (Post 3471479)
go to your computers volume on the taskbar and you can turn off plugin-container (firefox) if you have something open in your browser that utilizes plugin-container, otherwise it won't show up.

you can play without muting your entire computer... just your browser!

That would be useful, but:

Quote:

Given that I have XP and use a standalone, I don't see any other way to get this effect.

You can't turn off the sound of individual programs in XP, and standalones don't play in the browser.

G.S.M 05-22-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3471635)
That would be useful, but:

You can't turn off the sound of individual programs in XP, and standalones don't play in the browser.

lol I haven't used xp for a very long time

Velocity 05-23-2011 07:54 PM

I'm not dead.

Knocking these things out one at a time. Also, LA Noire is a sweet game.

MaxGhost 05-23-2011 08:41 PM

Sweet my suggestions aren't being ignored :D

Happiness.

Edit: The build date says 2010 rofl.

bballa48 05-23-2011 08:44 PM

I am sure this has been suggested before, but I figured I would bring it up again....

Why aren't the 13s token songs? They just rot at the bottom of everyone's ranks, and at least half of the top 200 scores used double setup or something similar to get a good rank. I just don't see a single good reason to keep them public, at all.

They should either be token songs or moved to a special FSO genre with any other dumps that are added to the game.

Surely I am not the only one who feels this way.

MaxGhost 05-23-2011 08:50 PM

Agreed bballa.

TC_Halogen 05-23-2011 09:10 PM

The game does need extremely difficult files to separate the top players -- because of FFR's competitive nature, the skill level of the top competitors is incredibly high, and most of the top players have the potential to AAA all of the FGO level files.

bballa48 05-23-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3472370)
The game does need extremely difficult files to separate the top players -- because of FFR's competitive nature, the skill level of the top competitors is incredibly high, and most of the top players have the potential to AAA all of the FGO level files.

Fair enough...

then can we please do a thorough cleansing of the cheaters?

qqwref 05-23-2011 09:29 PM

Here's one: fix the Legacy songs so they're either in the public levelrank, or the token one, but not both.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3472370)
most of the top players have the potential to AAA all of the FGO level files.

Yeah, maybe if by "top players" you mean "the best three or so people".

I definitely see an advantage to moving all 13s (read: anything harder than Revo) into the token ranks. It's definitely useful to have these files in the game, no doubt about that; the problem is that unless you're one of the top few players, those songs are only there as mashing practice, and if you have FC'd you might as well forget about the file. So it's not as interesting to even the typical good player as, say, a mid-high FGO. If they were all nonpublic people wouldn't worry about ranks, and could just play the files for fun. Plus, it's a lot cooler to accomplish something tough and end up with an unplayably hard file, than to just be given an unplayably hard file for free.

A modest proposal: make up two mashy requirements that aren't too difficult, and have them unlock DP and RATO. (Adding requirements to a previously public song isn't new, see the list of secret songs.) To compensate, let's make the old Support Tokens public (I don't see them getting actual unlock requirements anytime soon). In the future, all new potential 13s could have token requirements. And because they wouldn't affect rank, we can start accepting a very small number of fun dumps, if we want to. I believe TS has already added a small number of dumps.

TC_Halogen 05-23-2011 09:49 PM

honestly, moving songs in and out of genres is far from something that is important anyway - and in my eyes, it's entirely unnecessary.

if we were to scale the FFR community and all of the active players, then a huge majority if the active members in the forum would -be- the top players, anyway.

ssbmbeliever 05-24-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Hey, how about this: include a setting that lets us mute everything. Random sound effects, song music, menu music if any. I'm sure your first reaction will be to go "but it's a RHYTHM GAME, qq!" but some charts are honestly easier to hit without having the music turned on. Right now, the only way for me to play without music is to completely mute my computer's sound, and this isn't a great option because it gets boring so I'd really like to be able to listen to something else (a show, a youtube video, even some other music) while I'm playing. Given that I have XP and use a standalone, I don't see any other way to get this effect.

Cool trick I found out a little while ago, go to a site like this: http://www.funny-games.biz/driversed.html

Right click the flash app and select "adjust volume" changing it from 1-7 doesn't affect much, since the change is so slight, but muting works. It of course carries over for all flash apps you run until you change it.

There's most likely other flash apps that allow you to do it.. but I personally don't know of any at the moment, I just thought I'd point it out :)

qqwref 05-24-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssbmbeliever (Post 3472489)
Cool trick I found out a little while ago, go to a site like this: http://www.funny-games.biz/driversed.html

Right click the flash app and select "adjust volume" changing it from 1-7 doesn't affect much, since the change is so slight, but muting works. It of course carries over for all flash apps you run until you change it.

Whoa, that actually worked o_0 Never heard of this before, but it seems to do the job. Thanks.

Zageron 05-24-2011 01:19 AM

Shockwave != Flash

This is not a Flash feature. But that's really cool. xD

rushyrulz 05-24-2011 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3472409)
If we were to scale the FFR community and all of the active players, then a huge majority if the active members in the forum would -be- the top players, anyway.

The same top players that can AAA all the FGOs? Cool, I didn't know I could do that!

This isn't necessarily true. There are loads of D1-D4 players out there, just as many if not more than D5-D6.

ssbmbeliever 05-24-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 3472506)
Shockwave != Flash

This is not a Flash feature. But that's really cool. xD

Yeah, I know it's not a flash player, or at least, I supposed it wasn't, since it required Shockwave add-on to be running (asked for permission first time I ran), I just found it cool that it changed the volume across the board (including youtube! lol that's how I found out, I muted it, and went to youtube, without unmuting.)

G.S.M 05-26-2011 01:13 PM

Oh I forgot the beta level stats! By the way, why not make the beta the official one? It seems 10x better than the current one.

Zekramcross 05-26-2011 07:54 PM

I don't know if this was mentioned or not. I suggest a multi-player on the Velocity engine.

Zageron 05-26-2011 09:05 PM

By the way, I've discovered a method of volume control in flash player. We will have volume control in future versions of the game. :P
Be patient though.

MaxGhost 05-26-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zekramcross (Post 3474341)
I don't know if this was mentioned or not. I suggest a multi-player on the Velocity engine.

It's semi-there, (chat only at this point) but he's working on it.