Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Runescapers Here (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=40411)

Oi 08-30-2006 04:27 PM

Re: Runescapers Here

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Tibs-
I'm afraid not. In my experience, everyone on runescape is a ******.

Unless it's changed in the last few years.

Actually i'm afraid to say that it has got worse, with it now being advertised on MiniClip, it has made many younger players join the game, which is not always a bad thing, just that there is a lot more 1337 (lol) and chatspeak around nowerdays.

But no, i don't think that everyone on Runescape is a ******, sure there a few, there will always be ******s on all MMORPGs, and f2p (free to play) has in manys ways given Runescape its bad reputation, but P2p (pay to play) is much better, with very few scammers, name callers and general ******s about.

Thats 'bout all i have to say :).

gerbi7 08-31-2006 09:27 AM

Reason why I play runescape:

No classes: I ****ing hate being restricted like that. Putting on some ahrims, having ancients on, bringing runes for ice barrage, your whip, hally, crystal bow, can really be quite fun. Go to WoW, oh ****. I'm restricted to some spells now.

Wilderness: I've never seen this in another game besides runescape.

Teleporting: Why take endless walks on WoW or ride around on horseback? Just freaking teleport... gawd.

Compatability: Runs on anything with java and isn't an ancient piece of ****. And for god's sake having some fancy WoW graphics means you have to be sitting at your own computer that you have especially for it, and graphics really don't matter when you talk about gameplay.

Lol tibs.. There are alot people in the world who are ******s

DancingCow 08-31-2006 09:42 AM

Runescape is an amazing game, despite what everyone says about it. Who knew something that detailed could fit into a small box with only a few seconds of loading?

The gameplay is better than any other I've found. So many things to do if you can get past the rough graphic quality.

The best part is the quests.

I have a level 88 with 1340 something skill total. Saiyanson500

Oi 08-31-2006 11:57 AM

Awesome, some people on the same wavelength as me, awesome :). I'm glad to hear that i am not the only one who thinks this game is awesome, Dancing, i might add you ingame, and say hi :p.

Loyal2Death 08-31-2006 05:02 PM

I've played Runescape since it's early release back Jan of 01 I believe. I played on and off for years until now. I've just recently gotten backinto it.

Alot of people haven't given this java based game the time of day.

A lot of the original players have played this version

It's improved, let me tell you.

Not WoW or EQ impressive, but I can't play EQ on my computer because we all need a certain video card to play that game. EQ is sponsored by ****ing NVidia, and I have the ONE nvidia card that isn't compatible. WoW is just the same damn thing with different races. What I love about Runescape is that its really really simple. And its not easy. Its not hard to control, the strategys are basic in a sense that when you combine strategies to take down certain monsters it becomes complex in unbelievable ways.

It's an amazing game. It has the key to attraction as well. An expansive free-player world. And its only $5 a month to become a member, where as most of these new games require $15 a month and thrive on "Build your character this way otherwise you'll be awful". Diablo II for example. Fun if you read a guide, same with MapleStory, you NEED to make your character a certain way to have a fighting chance!

Runescape is dynamic and impressive. Very Enjoyable.

Please visit www.zybez.net - Great Runescape Help Site
And Be sure to check out
www.runescapecommunity.com - Forum support, and possibly one of the most CLEAN forums you can grace. I'm an administrator over there. My name is easily recognizable - Loyal2Death :p

Same goes for my RS name, its Loyal2Death.

Combat: 101
Skill: 1416

I'm closing in on 102 right now. 100k exp to go for 82 defense -.-.

~-[L2D]-~

Sure, RS is notoriously boring because you tend to do the same things over and over. yet, there are so many other things to do, varations of doing them. And thats what makes the game fun.

Nataka 08-31-2006 05:21 PM

I'm playing the game right now, planning to become a member soon. I've played diablo II and World of Warcraft... and Maple Story. I can say that every game i've played like this I say is the greatest or so... stupid eh? After I get bored of that game I suddenly say it stinks... yep I could tell you things I love and hate about every one of those games. Seriously though Medieval was the best game ever, and I haven't played it in years.

gerbi7 08-31-2006 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loyal2Death

I still play classic. =P

Btw gerbi7 on runescape

Nataka 08-31-2006 08:48 PM

Didn't they make classic for members only? Or something stupid like that?

gerbi7 08-31-2006 08:50 PM

Yeah. =(

magister_negi_magi 09-1-2006 03:58 AM

I don't usually touch this game very much, I just make all the money marketing(I like the way RS economy works) and watch my brother kill everyone, but I have to say one thing. On a game as simple as Runescape, THE DRAGONS LOOK SERIOUSLY ****ING COOL. As do demons, giants, and whatever else they updated. Shin_Hayato on RS, if anybody wants to know. 101 combat, I believe, and he's a better fighter than most.

Bursurk_Lurk 09-1-2006 01:29 PM

Whoa, cool guys are playing this game. brb starting playing again because of L2D

Oi 09-1-2006 02:02 PM

I'd love to have started the game when it first came out, RSC looks pretty good, i didn't make an account fast enough, and so now only a select group of players can play.

I left it to late, i kept saying to myself "Oh, ill make an account soon", and left it to late, and BAM, they decided to stop new accounts being made.

Oh well, RS2 is awesome to, and the new updates are really amazing, much better than i ever expected.

I love the RS forums too, and sorry loyal, but i like the official ones :p, even though you can't always have a great discussion there.

Lvl 84, been playing a year, and just completed Desert treasure, so i'm pretty pleased :).

^Theres me :).

IAAW 09-1-2006 02:08 PM

Meh, every now and then I check RuneHQ for new amazing thangs. Lots of kewl things happening... I might just pull my lvl 70 out for a while... XD

Loyal2Death 09-2-2006 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bursurk_Lurk
Whoa, cool guys are playing this game. brb starting playing again because of L2D

That makes me feel cool 8-)

~-[L2D]-~

ddr_f4n 09-4-2006 01:19 PM

Runescape is a fun game when you are a high level because you are not restricted to certain stuff like armours or spells. I'm no member (because I won't pay monthly for one game) but being a F2P player is fun (even though i have never been a member) If anyone wants to, they can add me. I got 3 accounts.

H4lo F4n: lvl 44 warrior
J0e M4ma: lvl 27 Mage
Little Gpop: lvl 10 Ranger

Biff_tech 09-4-2006 02:06 PM

Runescape was good for a while then i was only interested in mining mith and addy, but now i don't pla yat all cause im to addicted to SpaceCowboys O.o
Crimson skies look alike

ToshX 09-7-2006 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loyal2Death
I've played Runescape since it's early release back Jan of 01 I believe.

As I remember it, October 21st, 2001.

Loyal2Death 09-11-2006 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToshX
As I remember it, October 21st, 2001.

Was it really that late? I could have sworn it was earlier. I started playing in in Jan.. so if it was that late then I played jan 02. Not sure though.

~-[L2D]-~

Hr2 09-11-2006 07:51 PM

I used to play too, I started playing a little bit then I got really into it when I broke my leg and couldn't walk for a while. The addiction sucked me in for a few years. I got to like level 100 or so, I'm not planning on starting up again because its so ****ing addictive. Me and L2D were good friends on RS ages ago.

L2D told me about FFR, actually. I think I quit RS December 2004, I've been clean for over a year and a half :O

Still Rich - July 2002-December 2004
Level 100 or so, 1355 skills (I quit when 1400 was considered pretty good?)

dsadsadsa 09-11-2006 08:48 PM

Runescape took up too many years of my life. For so long I wanted to quit but couldn't. Not until I covered EVERY aspect of the game did I quit. I had about 7 accounts o.0