Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Xoon Legacy Pack Released (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=146628)

Skwid1 02-7-2017 02:43 PM

Re: Xoon Legacy Pack Released

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 4518240)
it affects nobody and nobody cares get over yaself

oh come on dude it's not the worst thing ever, but i wouldn't have pointed it out if it didn't affect me. it's not like the first thing i do when i download a pack is examine the file organization to bitch about it. the only reason i even noticed was because it interfered with something i was trying to do.

for example, if i just got done playing Hydrangea and i wanted to look at it in ddream or something to point out a pattern that i liked, i am not going to first think "oh right let me navigate to bmah!" because no one does that. in fact, just now when i second guessed myself on the spelling of the song title, i went to look for it and was like "OH RIGHT IT'S ORGANIZED BY SIMARTIST AND I DON'T REMEMBER WHO STEPPED WHAT EVERY TIME." when i was writing out my comments, this happened constantly. it's a pain in the ass to either have to use the search function or have stepmania opened to refer back to the cdtitle for every single file.

again, it's not the end of the world and the pack is great overall, but saying "it affects nobody" is kind of silly.

Minion133 02-7-2017 02:43 PM

all these years and people still hosting packs on mediafire lol

Coolboyrulez0 02-7-2017 02:43 PM

can i start the drama 3 gfx now

Arntonach 02-7-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skwid1 (Post 4518273)
oh come on dude it's not the worst thing ever, but i wouldn't have pointed it out if it didn't affect me. it's not like the first thing i do when i download a pack is examine the file organization to bitch about it. the only reason i even noticed was because it interfered with something i was trying to do.

for example, if i just got done playing Hydrangea and i wanted to look at it in ddream or something to point out a pattern that i liked, i am not going to first think "oh right let me navigate to bmah!" because no one does that. in fact, just now when i second guessed myself on the spelling of the song title, i went to look for it and was like "OH RIGHT IT'S ORGANIZED BY SIMARTIST AND I DON'T REMEMBER WHO STEPPED WHAT EVERY TIME." when i was writing out my comments, this happened constantly. it's a pain in the ass to either have to use the search function or have stepmania opened to refer back to the cdtitle for every single file.

again, it's not the end of the world and the pack is great overall, but saying "it affects nobody" is kind of silly.

And the drama machine begins anew...

Oh, and blurk liked one of my simfiles. :)

trumaestro 02-7-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 4518209)
I didn't accept it originally. the original chart yes.

the easier chart was the original lol whatever

kommisar 02-7-2017 03:08 PM

oh shit my bad lmao. well the challenge chart was way better

also my comment at mina was a blatant shit fling lmao I wasn't serious

lurker 02-7-2017 03:40 PM

I've been playing StepMania on and off for about 12 years now. Every year, something comes out that makes me say to myself, "Wow, I've never seen that before." This pack made me say that too... but not in a good way. When I first opened this pack, I was surprised by the range of difficulty. I don't think I've seen a file where the only difficulty was a 7 in years, and this goes all the way up to 16 (well, not including the joke difficulty). I've managed to pass a few 12s recently, but I figured I'd try one of the 7s for the heck of it. So it started. The first few notes has some weird freezes on them. Then, the double steps came in. I figured, okay, this is just a chart made by someone who's really new to the game, right? He probably saw some of the freezes in the r21 packs and thought he was doing a good job of copying them. Well... then this happened:

What. The. Fuck.

I tried the other 7s and 8s. All of them were exactly the same. It's like no one who contributed to this pack had ever seen a dance pad before. At this point I put away my Cobalt Flux and tried playing on the keyboard. I mean, I know it isn't kosher, but I've passed a few Cranked Pastry songs on it before so I figured I'd be fine, right? Wrong. The 7s were still extremely tough to pass. I checked the first file in the pack for a laugh. It has 250 BPM crossovers in the first measure.

Who the hell is this supposed to be for? Is it for idiots who copy that double index thing Porter Robinson uses? Is it for people even worse than that? I can't imagine who would find any of these files playable, let alone fun.

Since the charts are an automatic zero across the board for me, I guess I have to comment on the rest of the package as well. The music is ridiculously hit-or-miss. There are some artists I really enjoy, like Nhato and Camellia. A lot of the rest is just... weird. Stuff like that turtle song shouldn't even exist, and I'm in complete disbelief that someone thought stepping Slipknot was a good idea. The graphics are also really hit-or-miss. It would've been a lot better with just a set of pack graphics- I don't think the effort was worth it. Seven of these files don't even have charts, and they're the best song choices in this entire pack, too.

Anyway, this is the worst thing I've ever downloaded. I don't think it's worth offering any advice to you all. You guys just have no idea what you're doing, and you seem too far gone to ever get a clue.

MarioNintendo 02-7-2017 03:55 PM

A+ post lurker, I don't think you could capture the 2008 spirit any better.
edit: I don't want my post to sound aggressive I just legitimately find his post both funny and good, why is sarcasm so hard? It's like when I want to be sarcastic I come across as serious and vice versa.

MarioNintendo 02-7-2017 05:34 PM

hosting a smo i have no idea what i'm doing tho

ScylaX 02-7-2017 06:12 PM

I'm trying to figure out what post or which person lurker mimicked but I'm having a tough time

kommisar 02-7-2017 06:36 PM

hahaha jesus fuck lurker I was taking you seriously for about two paragraphs

then remembered it was a lurker post

sunn0glasses 02-7-2017 07:53 PM

"Anyway, this is the worst thing I've ever downloaded."

contrapatior 02-7-2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 4518240)
it affects nobody and nobody cares get over yaself

obviously it affects people because you have two people posting in your thread about it and these dudes are not afraid to be vocal and I'm 100% sure that I've seen at least 3 other people mention it in the riddim gaym discord I'm in so maybe you should stop huffing nostalgia

contrapatior 02-7-2017 10:18 PM

for people upset about the artist being listed first, get over it, you've downloaded a pack that was ran by a guy who still has a very old-school mindset. the players that this actually causes problems for are all playing etterna which has a search function so maybe you should learn how to use it

contrapatior 02-7-2017 10:18 PM

there both sides are appeased now play some good charts and stop being a lil bitch !!

Celirra 02-7-2017 11:48 PM

Oh and real talk, thanks a bunch to Kommi and all the gfx cuties for putting this together, I haven't had this much fun in a while. Might write full reviews this weekend if I pull through my several assignments due this week~

YoshL 02-8-2017 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatior (Post 4518504)
for people upset about the artist being listed first, get over it, you've downloaded a pack that was ran by a guy who still has a very old-school mindset. the players that this actually causes problems for are all playing etterna which has a search function so maybe you should learn how to use it

did u evin red the squid post

contrapatior 02-8-2017 12:37 AM

did u evan irony

Superbearhands 02-8-2017 04:06 AM

o I guess spoilers are pointless

Dusty Beef - kinda boring and repetitive beginning but picks up later and became fun overall
Eyeless - arms got tired and I died but it gets 9/10 for syncing effort
Final Stage - fun slow file
Flugel Arpeggio - I survived
Glacier Heart - fun pianostreams but I died to the end jumpstream sry forgive me
Hand in the Fire - fun jacks
Hemisphere - couldn't beat oni, but heavy had some ok build up and is a goud scoring file
Hydrangea - slow bpm with bursty patterns are fun hehe

to be a continue

kommisar 02-8-2017 08:22 AM

choof u didn't read my post gj