Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   11th Official FFR Tournament - Predictions Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144487)

SpaceGorilla 06-7-2016 07:20 PM

Re: 11th Official FFR Tournament - Predictions Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtienneSM (Post 4438592)
Did you just blatantly admit to sandbagging.

boi

if i knew what sandbagging was then i'd say "yes" but i don't so i'll just say i am d6 and don't have the skill to become d7

RenegadeLucien 06-7-2016 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceGorilla (Post 4438599)
if i knew what sandbagging was then i'd say "yes" but i don't so i'll just say i am d6 and don't have the skill to become d7

Sandbagging is deliberately getting worse scores than you are capable of to get placed in a lower division, then playing to your full ability and winning said division. And will get you booted out of the tournament if you do it.

SpaceGorilla 06-7-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenegadeLucien (Post 4438601)
Sandbagging is deliberately getting worse scores than you are capable of to get placed in a lower division, then playing to your full ability and winning said division. And will get you booted out of the tournament if you do it.

What if I can't actually get the AAA equivs to reach d7 on the leaderboards and everyone knows I actually have the speed skill of a d7 player? It's a bit weird in my case, seeing as I essentially started playing FFR today. (Still trying to get used to different setup/offsets)

RenegadeLucien 06-7-2016 07:36 PM

You'll most likely get put into D7 if the staff knows you have the skill to be in D7.

SKG_Scintill 06-7-2016 08:18 PM

I'm gonna sandbag so hard that I don't even join

Charu 06-7-2016 08:39 PM

I predict that I'm going to drink this bottle of orange soda that is sitting right next to me!!!

leonid 06-7-2016 08:44 PM

Sandbaggers will win

shenjoku 06-7-2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4438640)
I predict that I'm going to drink this bottle of orange soda that is sitting right next to me!!!

You're crazy!! That'll never happen because it's really grape soda!

TC_Halogen 06-7-2016 08:53 PM

Honestly, an overwhelming majority of situations would be resolved if people just paid attention to the fact that nothing is finalized, and that it usually isn't finalized until things get closer and closer to tournament start.

It's been said in both threads that people simply need to wait until things are at least remotely close to finalized - sign-ups have been open for a whole two days and people are already bringing up the most irrelevant of nuances; more importantly, the people who are bringing it up are people who have been in these tournaments over and over again, and for the most part, are capable of reading through the tournament OP to realize that not much has changed in the format (and therefore, not much in the structure - either).

Everyone needs to just sit back, wait until the tournament gets nearer to the start time, and stop bringing things up that simply don't have a purpose to be brought up yet, because it does nothing more than cause confusion, aggravation, and problems later down the line. Talking about sand-bagging is already going down the wrong road, but an explanation of it potentially throws around the idea that this is a legitimate strategy to take in the tournament, and it's an incredible hassle for the staff of the tournament to have to contend with.

Discrepancies are handled on a case-by-case basis, and you guys really should just rest assured that they will be taken care of. This is hardly the first rodeo for a huge majority of people in the thread, and most of you guys should know better. For those of you guys that are newer, read the tournament OP and it should hopefully answer most questions. If it can't be resolved by the contents of the first post, do exactly as it says in the first post of the thread and send a private message to psychoangel691 or message her on Skype.

It's really not that hard, guys.

Red Blaster 06-7-2016 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker (Post 4438355)
d3: freak amounts of rain start hitting random areas of the world, taking out d3 players almost at random
however, this is totally normal weather for seattle, so xiz makes it to the top 3 along with red blaster and deadly
xiz thinks he's caught the break of his life when the final round file disintegrates in ffr's decaying servers, forcing a game switch to rocket league
however, he cheeses too hard and scores an own goal against red blaster, giving him the title

Funnily enough I'm actually fairly skilled at rocket league.
I'm actually surprised to see so many people picking me for D3, I'll try not to make you all look like fools.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4438640)

I'll take this bet!

botchi246 06-7-2016 09:35 PM

Res blaster to skillboost before tourney and win d4

MarcusHawkins 06-8-2016 12:59 AM

Alright, now can we please talk about what this thread is designed for in the first place?
To predict who will place 1/3/5/8/16 in any division?
That would put us back on the right track, thank you all!

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4438181)
D5: marcus, aragakiayase, darkblaze

I have a realistic goal to reach top 16, but I son't think I will get ranked high in D5 this time around (not top 8) but we'll see how that plays out! ;-)

ilikexd 06-8-2016 01:18 AM

bandsag

SpaceGorilla 06-8-2016 01:21 AM

it's determined guys; i'm gonna sandbag in d7 so i can get 1st place easily

Frank Munoz 06-8-2016 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceGorilla (Post 4438946)
it's determined guys; i'm gonna sandbag in d7 so i can get 1st place easily

YoshL 06-8-2016 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Munoz (Post 4438949)

well you can't sandbag d7

or else you get buried

by...

dis shevel

ha

also tbh autotelicbrown incoming for surprise d6 win

ilikexd 06-8-2016 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4438952)
well you can't sandbag d7

or else you get buried

by...

dis shevel

ha

also tbh autotelicbrown incoming for surprise d6 win

surprise

KrazyKitsune 06-8-2016 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceGorilla (Post 4438602)
What if I can't actually get the AAA equivs to reach d7 on the leaderboards and everyone knows I actually have the speed skill of a d7 player? It's a bit weird in my case, seeing as I essentially started playing FFR today. (Still trying to get used to different setup/offsets)

then you'd be placed accordingly in D7 (case in point, I have 5 AAAs)

smartdude1212 06-8-2016 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4438405)
D7: Etienne, smartdude (I belief in you)

SmexxxyBeast 06-8-2016 02:08 PM

considering i'm the worst d4 player out of all the other d4's i predict a round 1 elimination by me xD