Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Werewolf Game. play it. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=132767)

Vendetta21 01-29-2014 09:50 PM

Re: The Werewolf Game. play it.

Such a good game

dAnceguy117 02-27-2014 07:22 PM

bump! I added more sites to the first post. yeah, that's right, Yugioh Forums. you heard me.

Vendetta21 02-27-2014 07:54 PM

such a good game

Xiz 02-27-2014 08:33 PM

best game

Charu 02-27-2014 08:34 PM

It's definitely a good game, just make sure before you play to make sure you know it's a game.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT, YEAH!!!

devonin 02-28-2014 07:13 AM

Just understand going in that the game is 100% guessing, bandwagoning and badgering people where most of the time you're dead wrong, and you'll be okay.

Charu 02-28-2014 07:19 AM

You make it sound less fun, but yeah, that's essentially what it is during the first few phases of any Mafia/Werewolf game.

devonin 02-28-2014 07:24 AM

No it's that way all the time.

You can go look through the history of the games where the results are posted, and the people who will claim, at length, how good they are at TWG and how experienced they are at TWG, frequently expressing that they are SURE that the wolves are X and Y, only to have the wolves be A and B instead.

Charu 02-28-2014 07:45 AM

Well anyways, I think that's the charm of the games, doho. Just because anyone can be very wrong and then have a "WHAT THE HECK!?!?" moment when they learn the truth.

MracY 02-28-2014 08:00 AM

That's not the meaning of the game. It's very different when you play it with people who know what they are doing. That's also why I forsake the games on this website.

Charu 02-28-2014 08:04 AM

Figure out who's red and get rid of them if you're green/blue

Figure out who's blue and get rid of them before they can do damage to you if you're red.

Reds lie while blues try to stay alive by whatever means they think will help while greens try to make logical conclusions even if they're wrong.

Sound pretty clear to me in terms of meaning of the game.

If that's not the meaning of the game, then oops, guess I don't know the game that well still. Ya got me dude.

dAnceguy117 02-28-2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4086585)
100% guessing

far from it. no one can be completely accurate, but success rates vary a lot based on how well each team plays.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MracY (Post 4086599)
That's not the meaning of the game. It's very different when you play it with people who know what they are doing. That's also why I forsake the games on this website.

not sure where you got your impression of the game on this site. gotta be honest: I would wager that there are at least a few players here who would challenge or - gasp! - outplay you.

devonin 02-28-2014 08:21 AM

When people who've played dozens if not hundreds of games, who are regularly hailed as the best of the players on the site express their surety that they have figured out who the wolves are and are just 100% wrong, that pretty clearly suggests that skill is not actually a thing you can develop over time at this game.

dAnceguy117 02-28-2014 08:26 AM

anyone can be 100% wrong at a given time. however, the best (human) players will be 100% wrong far less often than some other players. I can't scientifically prove this or anything, but win rates and certain examples of logic trumping uncertainty will support my point.

poker is similar in a number of ways. performance in a single instance will rely on luck (cards dealt) and guessing (what hands other players have and how they will respond to bets/actions). however, over time, the most skilled players will "guess" more accurately than the least skilled players. there's a pro tour for a reason.

Cavernio 02-28-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4086608)
anyone can be 100% wrong at a given time. however, the best (human) players will be 100% wrong far less often than some other players. I can't scientifically prove this or anything, but win rates and certain examples of logic trumping uncertainty will support my point.

poker is similar in a number of ways. performance in a single instance will rely on luck (cards dealt) and guessing (what hands other players have and how they will respond to bets/actions). however, over time, the most skilled players will "guess" more accurately than the least skilled players. there's a pro tour for a reason.

This is actually quite testable if we have all FFR's games still, if someone would care to waste hours of their time doing so.

dAnceguy117 02-28-2014 10:37 AM

it's in the works! it's actually pretty close to being done behind the scenes.

TWG History Thread v2

however, win-loss statistics don't tell the whole story. one player can only affect so much. how well a player's team plays and how well the other team plays (and some luck) will determine the outcome of a game.

the most obvious counterexample I can give to devonin's argument is that a competent human will have a great chance to win against an incompetent wolf. if a wolf says "I am a wolf" and can prove it, then that wolf will lose every time. that's an extreme example, but the point is that the game does not operate on complete randomness.

DarkManticoreX2 02-28-2014 10:47 AM

It's totally not twich plays pokemon up in here.

clasko1000 02-28-2014 10:52 AM

Twitch plays pokemon fell off hard, it was at like 30k last night. I remember it peaking at 80k

Charu 02-28-2014 10:55 AM

30k is still a lot of viewers. Just saying.

dAnceguy117 04-2-2014 01:09 PM

One more player wanted for this fun and exciting game! Gogogogogo!

game is starting woo!

join us for the next episode of TWG you'll love it I promise maybe :cool: