Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Quit making alts, ppl! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=118562)

Oni-Paranoia 04-27-2011 11:32 PM

Re: Quit making alts, ppl!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprite- (Post 3457166)
In order to make mass username changing possible, we'd probably have to purge friends lists completely since they're stored by username.....and other random things as well.

I honestly think you guys should re-do a lot of shit. I don't mean to be rude, but a lot of things can't happen because the original code is total crap and you guys are restrained from doing some things we'd like to see.

I personally wouldn't mind chipping in some $$$ for anyone's hard time. I think a few would agree.

EDIT: After the sites hibernation, I don't think anyone who cares for the friends list really. It's not that important seeing as the community is now about 1000 people, not a million anymore.

i love you 04-27-2011 11:39 PM

I honestly doubt that there were a million users once in this site. Probably just a bunch of alts.

Also, redoing FFR would be awesome but IMO, most of the site coders don't have a decent amount of coding experience to really recode it. I think we need a lot of coders who actually can code properly and effectively so that it reduces future problems within the site.

kmay 04-27-2011 11:42 PM

we need a way to find out who is still active on the site, and get rid of all the inactives

rushyrulz 04-27-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmay (Post 3457187)
we need a way to find out who is still active on the site, and get rid of all the inactives

+1

I vote every account 3+ years inactive gets a score wipe

Ziergdsx18 04-27-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

More than half of the 1,753,395 currently registered users. Just think of the massive list that would be, not to mention the work (though it's not a bad idea).

GG_Guru 04-27-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

I really....do not recommend doing that. It would just piss a lot of people off and I'm sure that the admins would not be pleased with having to do so much work for the lack of an inactive player/user. As much as I agree with the idea it just won't work out.

How about just putting the accounts on hold? Make them here, but not here.

Xx{Midnight}xX 04-27-2011 11:55 PM

I just made 4 alts just to piss you off.

i love you 04-27-2011 11:57 PM

Or perhaps make it so that if that user doesn't sign in within 90 days, they will be put into some kind of inactive list but not actually completely removed. Then again, FFR is fucced.

@midnight: I'M SO BUTTHURT BRO. YOU'RE PISSING ME THE FUC OFF MAN. I FUCCEN HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU. GO FUCCEN DIE IN A FIRE FOR MAKING ALTS o0o0o0o0o0o lol

leonid 04-28-2011 12:02 AM

Add 'nickname' entry to the user database and make FFR display whatever is inside nickname instead of username

GG_Guru 04-28-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3457199)
Add 'nickname' entry to the user database and make FFR display whatever is inside nickname instead of username

How would that reduce the massive amount of alts that are still being created?

00Razor00 04-28-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3457197)

rofl

DossarLX ODI 04-28-2011 12:07 AM

No, it's for displaying your username

Like making it display "Dossar" instead of "DossarLX ODI"

iironiic 04-28-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GG_Guru (Post 3457202)
How would that reduce the massive amount of alts that are still being created?

It's one of the main reasons why people make alts.

Sephiroth28 04-28-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3457197)

I was waiting for someone to do something like this. Rofl

GG_Guru 04-28-2011 12:12 AM

Oh. If we're talking about usernames then in that case I completely back up leonid's idea. The only problem would be users abusing the nickname system and constantly changing their names over and over again. So, if I may expand on the idea..put a limit on how many times you can change your name to once or twice, then after that it should be a done deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iironiic (Post 3457206)
It's one of the main reasons why people make alts.

That's not a major reason why they make alts. It only accounts for about a small fraction of the community. Do you really think 1,700,000 million people made alt accounts just so they can change their username?

DossarLX ODI 04-28-2011 12:27 AM

I don't think a limit should be implemented - rather, have an administrator or mod confirm the name change. If you're spamming name changes, they'd be able to notice.

Xx{Midnight}xX 04-28-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3457198)
@midnight: I'M SO BUTTHURT BRO. YOU'RE PISSING ME THE FUC OFF MAN. I FUCCEN HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU. GO FUCCEN DIE IN A FIRE FOR MAKING ALTS o0o0o0o0o0o lol

siggying

Oni-Paranoia 04-28-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3457199)

This would be bad. Think of the possibilities to spam and flame threads with another name. I think everyone should be obligated to one name change. Seeing as everyone wants one.

DossarLX ODI 04-28-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia (Post 3457217)
This would be bad. Think of the possibilities to spam and flame threads with another name. I think everyone should be obligated to one name change. Seeing as everyone wants one.

Like I said, have an administrator or mod confirm it before the change takes place.

nuclearsamurai 04-28-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3457210)
I don't think a limit should be implemented - rather, have an administrator or mod confirm the name change. If you're spamming name changes, they'd be able to notice.

oh my god, +1 if this is even remotely possible