Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Songs of the Week (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Official Tournament Round 1 Songs (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151154)

hi19hi19 08-17-2019 05:45 PM

Re: Official Tournament Round 1 Songs

Hearing Super Soaker be Derby-worthy actually surprises me, is it really that bad to AAA?
It's all theoretically some pretty easy stuff at that difficulty range; maybe it can live at 94 with Red Wings Over Baron, St. Scarhand [Heavy], Xanthystrauma, and the rest of the "this file is a goddamn mess but we don't want it to give Derby" charts?

psychoangel691 08-17-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4693852)
Hearing Super Soaker be Derby-worthy actually surprises me, is it really that bad to AAA?
It's all theoretically some pretty easy stuff at that difficulty range; maybe it can live at 94 with Red Wings Over Baron, St. Scarhand [Heavy], Xanthystrauma, and the rest of the "this file is a goddamn mess but we don't want it to give Derby" charts?

I really don't think so and the rating was actually deemed lower by the consultant that looked prior to the tournament but we gave it a little bump. No matter what no one's ever going to agree totally on ratings here, so to me it's a losing battle every time lol. I wanted to keep everything 0 till the very end of the OT but I'm getting pressured because of the TCG and such. It's a lot easier to get a bigger picture the more people who play vs giving it only a week, but *shrugs*

Blackskull305 08-17-2019 08:43 PM

In my opinion, super soaker is equivalent to Eclipse (solar) and You Time, which are both 96's. If Super Soaker is really a 92, then those two files should be as well imo.

One Winged Angel 08-17-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4693852)

I'll wait for others to weigh in but I have no qualms with it giving Derby in its current state. The poor conversion results in a much more consistent difficulty structure throughout the chart as opposed to just needing to nail the middle section.

hi19hi19 08-17-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackskull305 (Post 4693878)
In my opinion, super soaker is equivalent to Eclipse (solar) and You Time, which are both 96's. If Super Soaker is really a 92, then those two files should be as well imo.

Damn, that bad. Alright then!

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 4693880)
I'll wait for others to weigh in but I have no qualms with it giving Derby in its current state. The poor conversion results in a much more consistent difficulty structure throughout the chart as opposed to just needing to nail the middle section.

I accidentally set it up to convert badly... on purpose!

MikeShinoda12345 08-17-2019 10:03 PM

Personal opinion without much to back it up but just from playing it a couple times last week Super Soaker isn't as hard as You Time, and deeefinitely isn't as hard as Eclipse (god that file)

Super Soaker isn't super fast anywhere and I feel like the derpiest parts are actually the bursts, which are learnable

xXOpkillerXx 08-17-2019 10:25 PM

Soaker feels like a 95 at max. It's far from being as awkward as Eclipse, it's close to You Time's many fast bursts, but not quite there imo

-paexaea- 08-18-2019 01:25 PM

If i was faster, i wouldnt care about the 32nd rolls but thats whats killing my aaas. I can hit the bursts because thankfully i still retained my technical prowess, but its a bitch to keep the aaa going personally

PhantomPuppy 08-18-2019 01:43 PM

honestly i would have put super soaker at like a 93/94. was a tad surprising it was a 92 not because of the file itself but because of the fact that D7 wasn't an AAA fest on a 92.

i think the general scoring of the file during the first week is what makes people think it should be higher.

SK8R43 08-18-2019 02:09 PM

Yeah idk how super soaker is only a 92. Maybe because im just not good enough to play it being only low D6 but that shit is brutal. The whole beginning before the 32nd stream is fuckery haha

Shxfted 08-18-2019 02:51 PM

Personally think Violent Arcade is a 104, there's absolutely no way to justify it being the same rating as Make The Fire Burn and Odd-22 (the later being physically hard but not difficult to get near AAA if you can keep up). I have personally gotten several better scores on You Universe than my PB on Violent Arcade (heck, even my RATO PB is equal to my Violent Arcade PB lmfao).