Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Dossar's Video Game Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123334)

RadiantVibe 04-3-2012 02:45 PM

Re: Dossar's Video Game Tournament

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winrar (Post 3670243)
What's an FMO AAA?

For Master's Only AAA :|

MaxGhost 04-3-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia (Post 3670234)
The last time I played FFR was on the 1st and I was just messing with offset for the most part. Before that it was about 2 years or so since I last played (which wasn't even seriously at that time either.)

At the moment (in SM) I can't even pass things I could AA years ago. I can barely stay consistent with 200 BPM stream (which is terrible since before I could at least combo 280 pretty well in 08-09.) Oh and my endurance is terrible, Vertex BETA is tough on my hands. Big skill drop on my end, just thought this would be fun to participate in.

Good to know, good luck! :)

Regardless, I really don't think Poison- should be in D2B

krunkykai22 04-3-2012 05:36 PM

Didn't you say something a while ago about hosting this type of tournament?

Either way, good idea.

I'll join.

Winrar 04-3-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadiantVibe (Post 3670245)
For Master's Only AAA :|

I was kidding, I meant it as a joke considering a couple people in our division can AAA or have some AAAd.

JJTrixX 04-3-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3670134)
The difficulty jump in D1 for the first few rounds is a bit harsh I'll admit, but this isn't going to be brutality type charts. They aren't going to be easy either, though

harsh is good, im in

Reincarnate 04-3-2012 06:03 PM

At first I thought this was a multi-game tourney like leonid, haha

rayword45 04-3-2012 06:05 PM

In

Magicturbo 04-3-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxGhost (Post 3670322)

Regardless, I really don't think Poison- should be in D2B

I agree

He has Purple, Famicon Selecta, Jeanie and Caroline, Arrogant Cobbler, Heavenly Spores, Makiba, Determination, I'm Sick Of Uprock and The Divine Suicide of K [Heavy] AAA-ed

Also has Miss Candy on TV, Staring at my Spaceship, Ambient Angels, and Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star BF-ed.

Quickly going through his levelranks, I counted somewhere between 45 and 50 FMO SDGs

He's nearly SDG-ed the easier FGOs, which is an accomplishment regardless of how they compare to higher FGOs.

No offence to him, but I think he'd destroy D2B... he's just soo good ._.

Hakulyte 04-3-2012 10:22 PM

I'll join as well.

DossarLX ODI 04-3-2012 10:52 PM

Alright, so I updated the posts on the first page about the new engine layout. Signups are still updated to post 52 in this thread so I'll get to the rest a little later.

I also will consider putting Poison- in D2A

Scores will be based off raw score (the scoring system that does not take combo into consideration). This means you get 50 points for a perfect, 25 for a good, 5 for an average, -10 for a miss, and -5 for a boo.

You can update your scores at any time before the round ends. Be sure to make a new post and not edit an old one since it saves a lot of time and frustration.

All submitted scores must be in picture form, and include the entire perfect/great/average/miss/boo count, and the server details/FFR info that can be found on the top-right corner of the FFR site. Make sure the score is from the current round.

This is an example of an acceptable screenshot from the velocity engine.

An acceptable screenshot from the legacy engine should also include the details and entire score.

Another way of score submission is registering on the Indeed site and logging in and registering scores from the engine, but this requires you to inform me of your username. It is not mandatory. Nobody here is forced to sign up.

Genre 9 will have the Video Game Tournament files.
- Velocity
- Legacy

Previous Genres are (Parenthesis indicates legacy label):
- Brutality 1 (Dance)
- Brutality 2 (Dance2)
- Brutality 3 (Funk)
- Brutality 4 (Arcade)
- Tiebreaker (Rock)
- Side Games (Classic)
- Hip Hop Tournament (Misc)
- hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament (Secret)

FrozenAngel91 04-3-2012 11:01 PM

I know that the placements are mostly preliminary right now, but just to notify you I don't think Shonen7 should be d1A. He's got a ton of clean SDG's on FMO's and then some really good scores on upper FMO's too, like 8-0-0-0 on Amen Iraq and 9-0-0-1 on Flesvelka.

DossarLX ODI 04-3-2012 11:05 PM

I agree at the moment some of the division placements are hilarious -- I'm waiting for some more participants to get a benchmark comparison, but you're right he does not belong anywhere near D1A haha

popsicle_3000 04-3-2012 11:43 PM

i'll play!
my indeed name is same as ffr

DossarLX ODI 04-4-2012 01:08 AM

shonen7 and Poison- have been moved up to D2A.

We almost have 50 participants now!

JJTrixX 04-4-2012 12:51 PM

imo...d1A(noname, magic, and frozen) are each slightly better then winrar, and yet winrar is placed in a higher division. Maybe move winrar down to d1A?
..and maybe place me and wildfireskunk in d1B since we can't really compete with anyone in d1A?

ref: DF7 tourney spreadsheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CPKllvUE#gid=0

Magicturbo 04-4-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTrixX (Post 3670623)
imo...d1A(noname, magic, and frozen) are each slightly better then winrar, and yet winrar is placed in a higher division. Maybe move winrar down to d1A?
..and maybe place me and wildfireskunk in d1B since we can't really compete with anyone in d1A?

ref: DF7 tourney spreadsheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CPKllvUE#gid=0

Winrar's definitely better than me. While I do agree we'll likely win against you, you'll likely severely dominate the lowest division in the tourney. So it's a grey area ?_?

FrozenAngel91 04-4-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTrixX (Post 3670623)

Hmm I think winrar is actually much better than me if we're talking about FMO's, if you look at the hi19 tournament he started posting scores for my division that were completely destroying me around the point we started getting mid FMO's (CQ boss and above, whatever round that was), and I could barely beat his score for his own division in the final too.

The reason he didn't do well in the Dragon's Fury tournament was that that division didn't really get anything around the low to mid FMO level, so it was more about AAA'ing, something I'm not sure he's good at. Also he kinda ended up having to quit early.

So his placement in D2B could be okay, though I suppose moving him down isn't that far out of the question, I dunno. This post was apparently useless lol >.<

JJTrixX 04-4-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenAngel91 (Post 3670726)
Hmm I think winrar is actually much better than me if we're talking about FMO's, if you look at the hi19 tournament he started posting scores for my division that were completely destroying me around the point we started getting mid FMO's (CQ boss and above, whatever round that was), and I could barely beat his score for his own division in the final too.

If you are right and winrar is actually better then you guys, then why in hi19's tourney was winrar placed in d2A with me, while you were in d3A and magic/noname in d3B? Not to mention Radiantvibe was also placed in d2A with me and winrar and we all know how godlike Radiant is compared to any of us(borderline d4). I knew something was iffy with the placements in that tourney, and hi19 was stubborn to think i was just talkin out my ass when i brought this to his attention, but w/e....i understand some tourney hosts are just hard-headed and can't admit when they are wrong =)

Poison- 04-4-2012 05:42 PM

Really looking forward to this. D2A looks competitive, damn Megamon...

xXOpkillerXx 04-4-2012 05:44 PM

Rofl, I can't be placed correctly in tourneys anymore; If I'm in D3A, I'm last place, if I'm in D3B, I win for sure. I'll join this though, looks rly fun :3