Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Misc. progress thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=137637)

SCWolf 10-11-2014 12:01 AM

Re: Misc. progress thread

What's your current bodyweight? Good work on the bench btw.

MosaicMan3 10-11-2014 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCWolf (Post 4215186)
What's your current bodyweight? Good work on the bench btw.

~154lbs I try to stay low so I can just float into my 148lb weight class.

TWG Mega Man 10-16-2014 02:04 PM

My name is TWG Mega Man, almost done making posts so that I can play TWG properly, and I lift.

Rapta 10-20-2014 07:19 PM

Can almost lift 60 pounds, can do 1 rep with 30 pounds.

Reach 10-21-2014 02:34 PM

Care to expand on that? Exercise, etc? This is a thread for serious progress updates so let's not joke around.

I've been quiet lately because I've been busy, but making progress none the less. Deadlift deload has been going well and I'm getting back up to where I was before. Pulled 355 x5 for 3 sets last night and it felt like I was pulling air. I definitely have so much more in the tank, really hoping to keep pushing it into the high 300s so I can eventually hit 405x5.

MosaicMan3 10-21-2014 07:51 PM

Great work man! 355 for 5x3 is great work. Ever considered doing a 1rm?

.Gazelle. 10-21-2014 07:56 PM

hit 300 1rm for squat a couple days ago feelsgood.avi especially since i havent really been lifting because of football practice, up from 225 at the end of summer

SCWolf 10-21-2014 09:40 PM

good work! keep it up!

Reach 10-22-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MosaicMan3 (Post 4220964)
Great work man! 355 for 5x3 is great work. Ever considered doing a 1rm?

I've only tried once, with probably insufficient warmup, and I got 425 if I recall correctly but almost shit a brick in the process.

Was pulling 365x5 prior to that.

Then I had a stint where someone said I should pull better conventional because of my body type so I switched to conventional for about a month, HATED it, even managed to pull some muscles lifting a pathetic 305, so I called it quits on deadlifts for about 2 months. Started again pulling sumo again and started extremely light at 275 and have been working up.

Should be able to smash that in the coming weeks. Hope I can get up to 385 before stalling out much.

MosaicMan3 10-22-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MosaicMan3 (Post 4215103)
I got a new Bench PR. 240lbs x 3 reps with a ~3 second pause at the bottom. Getting ready for my next meet <3

245lbs x 3 reps ~2.5 sec pause. (I kept prematurely benching a cunt hair early.)

MosaicMan3 10-22-2014 09:54 PM

@Reach, do you have a video of your Sumo and a video of your Conventional. Also take a video of a hybrid stance too (becoming the most common these days amongst new powerlifters.)

I may be able to help you tweak your technique, my old dead lift coach passed on to me everything he knew, so I might be able to help.

Arch0wl 10-23-2014 01:59 AM

I am okay with sending you videos too as long as you don't show anyone

I am literally more okay with sending other people naked pics of myself than my deadlift videos lol

Reach 10-23-2014 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MosaicMan3 (Post 4221823)
@Reach, do you have a video of your Sumo and a video of your Conventional. Also take a video of a hybrid stance too (becoming the most common these days amongst new powerlifters.)

I may be able to help you tweak your technique, my old dead lift coach passed on to me everything he knew, so I might be able to help.

No, but I can take one next time I deadlift. Wouldn't mind some feedback, actually.

All I know is that the way I sumo is comfortable and my leverages feel 'right' and it doesn't when I conventional, but the way I deadlift probably isn't optimal either way.

fenril_ 11-2-2014 01:27 AM

intrigued to hear no one else is a fan of clean and snatches
or hyper gnarly bodyweight elastic bands

i don't like gyms.
last time i was at a gym (in brooklyn) this dude got mad bc i took a foam thing from the power rack to squat and he started shouting at me about weightlifting in prison and i was like slow yr roll homie
i don't like dealing with nyc gymrats nonono.

Reach 11-3-2014 09:32 PM

I've been so busy lately that my training has taken a bit of a backseat sadly. Trying to get back into things.

Up to 199 lbs, which is probably the heaviest I've ever been period. Decently lean though, so it's alright. Lifts are currently shit though at: Bench 250x5, Squat 310x5, Deadlift 360x5.

Squat still going up consistently though, so I'll be well over 315 soon I hope. Finally back to decent #s with good depth. Deadlift also going up despite shitty training.

No idea what the fuck happened to my bench. Life, I guess. It should go back up. Deloaded it.

MosaicMan3 11-4-2014 01:06 AM

Attempting 285lb competition bench tomorrow... wish me luck D:

kmay 11-4-2014 07:32 AM

I feel you there Reach. I am busy with school, but i'm starting to feel fat. So I think I decided after this test tonight I will be waking up earlier and getting to the gym before school.

IDK what my maxes are or any of that. I tend to go for push the weight until i can't anymore in the 5-10 range, lower end of that range being the last set which is also heavier. I have shitty wrists so I need to invest in some sort of supports but i'll worry about that down the line since they seem to have gotten better since i joined the gym.

Shouka 11-5-2014 08:48 AM

I haven't been to the gym in over 2 weeks. Been way too busy with school work =(

Kraezymann 11-21-2014 04:24 PM

I have a new limit on bench and deadlifts now, decided to go a little further today.

I am doing 3 sets of 5 bench at 110lbs now, up from 90. Adding the extra 20 came as a surprise, but it didn't hurt.

For my deadlifts I'm doing 5 sets of 3 and I broke 150lbs today! I am also thinking of going with someone to help me learn squats, so hopefully soon I'll have another set of numbers to post.

choof 12-1-2014 12:44 PM

does starting a diet count as progress

I think so