Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Anime North (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117533)

ddr_f4n 02-28-2011 10:03 PM

Re: Anime North

Quote:

Originally Posted by xMUSICxMASTERx (Post 3426655)
i suck at ddr xD i should start practicing.
i guess we should all meet up at the ddr place then =D

That and the Touhou Panel. I think the Touhou Panel would be the best chance for everyone to meet at the same time, rather than the DDR place you'll see whoever is hanging there at that time (and Kommi lol)

TC_Chronichild420 03-1-2011 08:37 AM

I go to this every year considering it's less than 40 minutes from my place. (Driving at my speeds that is)

Don't know if I'm going to wear cosplay this year, but I may if my friend finishes making costumes.

Jesus, I didn't think this many people from FFR went to this. I should check the forums more often. Lmao.

If I'm cosplaying, I'll be Faust from Guilty Gear. BAGHEAD FTW

ddr_f4n 03-1-2011 08:48 AM

I feel that last year wasn't as great based on the amount of people I knew that couldn't go. Now I see that MANY MORE people are coming now, not only from FFR, but some of my bros over at MotK as well, which is pretty sick. I'm gonna have to start choosing which group to go with, or be with the same group I went last year.

kommisar 03-1-2011 09:06 AM

def. going to the touhou pannel again this year. i'll be chillin with gundam xiao and brandon while up there

Staiain 03-1-2011 09:43 AM

Take pictures :)

ps. I wish I could come and meet all of you guys :(

xealix 03-1-2011 09:48 AM

Off the topic of Anime North, but still on the topic of Cons. Will anyone be attending Anime Central in Illinois?

kommisar 03-1-2011 09:48 AM

make another thread for it in the events board. this is for anime north in toronto

xealix 03-1-2011 09:54 AM

Either way i may just have to save up money and travel to Anime North next year if this many FFR people are going. Nothing wrong with a trip to Canada on its own either. I was just wondering if anyone traveled for Cons or not. Didn't feel like starting a whole thread for it, but i might as it gets closer if someone doesn't before me.

kommisar 03-1-2011 10:15 AM

I travel for this con in particular since it's the only one I can go to that doesn't require a passport hehu.

there's gonna be a much larger group this year compared to last

VarleyisDance 03-1-2011 10:25 AM

Maybe ill go and try to win anime north idol :)

TC_Chronichild420 03-1-2011 10:27 AM

Wow. Was just talking to some friends of mine to make sure we're going.

Looks like we're all going AND all cosplaying.

Although, I may be a minecraft miner as opposed to Faust, depends on what my friend is going to dress up as.

So, there will be 4 people, including me, that you can count as attending for sure.

Where's the meet-up spot, I'd like to at least say hi to you guys if I'm too busy being dragged to booths with friends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VarleyisDance (Post 3427007)
Maybe ill go and try to win anime north idol :)

Dude go. Kersh is coming with me and we're being minecraft miners most likely. Roflmao.

ddr_f4n 03-1-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Chronichild420 (Post 3427009)
Where's the meet-up spot, I'd like to at least say hi to you guys if I'm too busy being dragged to booths with friends.

DDR room and Touhou Panel. DDR Room is where you'll find Kommi and maybe others like Dan, GD, Brandon, Remedy, etc. But if you want to try to meet MOST of us at once, then the Touhou Panel will be the place.

One Winged Angel 03-1-2011 10:41 AM

a couple of my buddies have been trying to drag me to this over the past couple of years...if GD and company are all going, I'll probably make it this year

VarleyisDance 03-1-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Chronichild420 (Post 3427009)
Wow. Was just talking to some friends of mine to make sure we're going.

Looks like we're all going AND all cosplaying.

Although, I may be a minecraft miner as opposed to Faust, depends on what my friend is going to dress up as.

So, there will be 4 people, including me, that you can count as attending for sure.

Dude go. Kersh is coming with me and we're being minecraft miners most likely. Roflmao.

ohh this could be a definite possibility!

xealix 03-1-2011 11:23 AM

It's a pretty big Con i am guessing right? Sounds interesting I am definitely going to plan on it for next year. I have only been to fairly small ones, Anime Central is supposed to be one of the biggest in the US so i am pretty excited for that.

kommisar 03-1-2011 11:54 AM

16,800 people in 2010, estimating 18,000 this year

3 buildings including the 1 million sq feet toronto congress center, it's the biggest we've got up here in canaderp

I hope the touhou pannel is on friday at 5 again. that was a good way to start off things rather than running around waiting to go in TCC

Gundam-Dude 03-1-2011 12:13 PM

Everyone seems to be going in their own small little groups but as Kommi mentioned I'll be with him, his gf, Xiao, WTFBrandon, and Ryukickass. Find us either in the DDR room or Toohoo panel over the course of the weekend if we all stick together and don't have many other events/panels to attend.

I doubt I'm going to have a cosplay outfit ready in time, so I'll probably just be wearing my super button armoured hat (you'll know when you see it) and/or carrying around a RaRe plush doll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3427013)
a couple of my buddies have been trying to drag me to this over the past couple of years...if GD and company are all going, I'll probably make it this year

I still owe you a case of fanta or w/e so that should be an incentive to find me :cool:

TC_Chronichild420 03-2-2011 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude (Post 3427087)
Everyone seems to be going in their own small little groups but as Kommi mentioned I'll be with him, his gf, Xiao, WTFBrandon, and Ryukickass. Find us either in the DDR room or Toohoo panel over the course of the weekend if we all stick together and don't have many other events/panels to attend.

I doubt I'm going to have a cosplay outfit ready in time, so I'll probably just be wearing my super button armoured hat (you'll know when you see it) and/or carrying around a RaRe plush doll.

I still owe you a case of fanta or w/e so that should be an incentive to find me :cool:

I'm gonna come say "Hi" at the very least regardless. Lmao.

Just curious, is anyone other than me staying for the whole weekend?

kommisar 03-2-2011 07:47 AM

i'm there thursday-sunday evening to have more time to get setup and such. synexi has school on monday so we have to leave sunday night after the con.

xealix 03-2-2011 03:21 PM

That sounds pretty epic. It sounds like a must attend con for anyone in the area. It would be interesting if i could find a way there next year.