Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

yo man im awesome 08-5-2013 11:14 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaevod (Post 3953226)
With 6/6/5/6, is there any chance for me to send a file with the fixes suggested for Labyrinth of Logic and have it reevaluated or will I just have to wait until the next batch?

that's a situation where it's going to have to be sent next batch, unfortunately.

mi40 08-5-2013 11:23 PM

ps) quality notes

samurai6794

Murderous Rampage (Baq12) - 6/10 [+.]

- 24th note ghost arrows at 31.926s.
- Song is really repetitive. Chart is alright though. Very light accept.

-1 for 24th ghost notes
-1 for song repetitiveness
-2 for chart being alright

Fission 08-5-2013 11:26 PM

samurai7694
- Most of the layering (specifically the jumps to the dubstep sounds) looks very similar to rparty89's chart.

pretty sure you have the order backwards if you are accusing alex. his file was in odi3 long before rparty's chart saw the light of day.

KOMMICORE (0 + Choofers) - 7/10

this chart was submitted 3 times without any fixes and has blatant sync errors but you gave it a 7.

Ninur (Razor) - 3/10

you have a rather sizable list of sounds that are apparently missing or phantom stepped that none of the other judges but you pointed out, and the rating is unjustified.

.Gazelle. 08-5-2013 11:26 PM

New world disorder 2012
5/5/6/6
New world disorder 2013
5/6/6/8

ilikexd 08-5-2013 11:38 PM

i guess im pretty satisfied @ 6.75 for eos because theres a ton of stuff that is hard to follow

just to respond to some mirage garden comments
Quote:

Mirage Garden (ilikexd) [7.5/10]
==========
- m. 70 - Be sure to take out the 192nd minijack here when you resubmit or send in fixes.
omitted it because its not super audible and is right at the end of a very climactic part, would prob kill a few aaas at the end too

Quote:

Mirage Garden (ilikexd) - 7/10 [+.]

- The drum roll at 30.029s is actually 48th notes right after that up arrow 8th note, not 64th notes. Keep that 324321 pattern leading to the [234] 4th note hand but swap the note value from 64ths to 48ths. Same problem happens at 200.613s
- ***lol accidental 192nd note jack at 119.340s, please remove that***
- I personally prefer that cut used for this but you pulled it off with sweet pattern choices and layering was superb. The layering was not too heavy and not too light. Well-balanced and it has a nice replay value.
- The ending is actually in 192nd notes (though obviously fast for that BPM) so a 96th note roll would have been fast-enough (or rather slow-enough) for the piano roll at the very end.
- i stepped the piano roll not the drum roll, drum is barely audible and piano is more prominent
- :( this is so dumb, how did this happen lol. hope it didn't affect anyone's opinions too much
- @ending just stepping the piano roll as before, 78bpm 96ths are probably too fast (468 bpm 16ths) unless i make them just a roll which i dont like, prefer my other pattern

thanks for the compliment i put a lot of work in to make this a fun 4 minutes :)

Quote:

Mirage Garden (long) / ilikexd
rating: 9/10 [+]
- a suggestion for aesthetics: since the song changes time signatures a lot, I recommend fixing the bpm so that you don't have half of the song as 16ths. Some might say you have a bit of yellow arrow syndrome.
- 39.07s,51.09s,etc.: why is this a jump but not a hand? Might as well make it consistent or make the other hands jumps instead
- 65.41-74.45s: I don't quite understand what all of these jumps go to, but it plays fine
- 109.26-112.14s,118.23s-122.53se: these two parts still feels a bit empty
- 134.71s: missed 32nd
- 185.22-185.61s: awkward 24ths transitioning to hand (due to left arrows)
- 215.23-215.61s,etc.: why is this part jumps while other similar parts are hands?
- Summary: I only see small issues, but the bigger picture is that the file is structured very well and is just a blast to play. A real keeper.
- afaik its not because the song changes time signatures its just that different parts of like 100 notes are just 1/16th off and thats how it was composed. all the bpms are correct i think (ive checked this before because it looked weird to me as well).
- the crash cymbal is barely audible there so its just a jump the piano note
@ 215s - they are jumps in one section and then hands the next section because the crash cymbal gets extremely loud and also allows for more variation in the file

DossarLX ODI 08-5-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fission (Post 3953241)
KOMMICORE (0 + Choofers) - 7/10

this chart was submitted 3 times without any fixes and has blatant sync errors but you gave it a 7.

Just want to clarify that even though Kommicore did have most of the errors mentioned in previous batch notes the ending got changed, but it still has plenty of 16th ghost notes.

Fission 08-5-2013 11:44 PM

fair enough, but by luis's rating system, kommicore should have gotten 3/10 as well since it has all of those ghost notes. pretty obvious bias going on here.

DossarLX ODI 08-5-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 3953158)
i thought you guys had a tournament to run but i guess that's not happening anytime soon lmfao

I'm pretty sure it's going back to the annual official tournament tradition now. Two in a year is too much and it rushes things. I'd have to confirm that with Halogen however

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkZtar (Post 3953161)
(also dunno how to directly convert bms files to get the mp3's guess I should figure out and start doing that hehe~)

You should talk to bmah about that. I asked him a while ago about it too and he gave me a converter program that had moonspeak buttons on it.

Fission 08-5-2013 11:56 PM

aj knows how to do that as well. you have to convert bms to wav and wav to mp3. not sure of the details, though.

Wayward Vagabond 08-5-2013 11:58 PM

PS dossar I didn't play your extratone pirates file just think of the 9 as a parting gift.

yo man im awesome 08-6-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 3953268)
PS dossar I didn't play your extratone pirates file just think of the 9 as a parting gift.

FFR Judging everybody!

<3

edit: yo Carlos what were your reasons for the 6 on Kirlian Isles I, i wanna knooowwww, can you shooowww me

AlexDest 08-6-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwkjw
asdfmovie6 song (AlexDest) [6/10]
==========
- m. 9~12 - Layering seems a bit unclear. If you were stepping the drumbeats on top of the melody, a note is missing at beat 43. Also, some jumps are missing.
- m. 28 (beat 110) - hand.
- m. 33~ - Be consistent with your 32nd flams here. A lot of them are missing.
- m. 57~ - the 16ths in the jumpstream go to the synth, so adding notes to beats 237.5, 253.5, 269.5 and so on would make the players less confused.
- With some tweaks, this could be a really enjoyable file.

- I was layering the snares in the first section of the song, which was my main focus for the beginning. Since there were no snares in m9 - m12, I layered the extra wubs or something like s12.747.
- Thank you.
- I probably sent the wrong version of the chart, those 32nd flams aren't included.
- People will know what the 16ths go to because the synth makes it very clear. Removing the layering to the percussion will make it feel empty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7694
asdfmovie6 song (AlexDest) - 5/10 [+?]

- It would have been more accurate with the grace notes added in to the melody (for example, right before the 4th note at 0.379s). However, you do actually include them later on, like at 43.468s, but then it's left out before the hand at 44.777s. Keep it consistent.
- If crash cymbals are being layered as hands, then the very first note should be a hand instead of a [14] jump.
- The jumps/trills at 49.533s and 119.301s are really overlayered, and the jumptrill to quad transition is awkward.
- Most of the layering (specifically the jumps to the dubstep sounds) looks very similar to rparty89's chart.
- I preferred this version better but it needs fixing.

- I sent the wrong chart. Those 32nd flams wouldn't be included if I had sent the correct one.
- I wanted to begin with a small start of the song. Didn't want it to feel overpowered too early.
- The jumptrill signifies a good ending for that easy section of the song at 49.533s. Also, overlayered at the climax of the song? Are you kidding me?
- rparty89 copied parts of my chart. My chart is included in ODIPack3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI
asdfmovie6 song (AlexDest): 6/10
- Second 9.75: This minijack stands out like a sore thumb.
- 18.48: This is a jump, but the same snare at 19.74 is a hand. The hand causes an issue with the 24th stream and it’s inconsistent with the jump usage before.
- 20.38: This cymbal crash is mainly very loud because of the sudden change from the silence, but it should be a hand at most (this also keeps consistent with the cymbal crashes after)
- 40.67: This part is a calmer section and there’s still heavy layering going on. It ruins the effect of the jumps in the dubstep parts that have far more energy.
- 48.60: Layering problem. The 32nd burst here creates a sudden split-heavy minijack spike.
- 60.49: This isn’t three 16th notes, it’s a fast gallop for the first two notes and is noticeable on normal rate
- 70.48: Same problem with 19.74
- 73.34: 32nds, not 24ths. The way it’s stepped represents the part fine however, but the 16th note right after that 24th is ugly. Same thing with 83.49 and 88.56, but they end in a hand instead. 73.65 then would be missing a hand (only a jump is there)
- 103.78: Weird transitioning, also 32nds and not 24ths. It only plays ok in stepmania, but in FFR it’s going to be much worse.
- rparty’s ending was basically the same as yours in the very end: 16th jumptrill into a quad. It’s a nasty surprise to the player.
- The layering in the beginning was much more cautious than the rest of the file, and after a while there were just too many jumps and hands that the file strayed a bit away from the feel of the song. Some of the pattern usage also has sudden weird one handed patterns which ruin the flow of the file.

- The wub had a stutter to it, should be fine to be a minijack.
- The snare at s19.74 sounds more overpowered than the one at s18.48. Plus, it accents the abrupt half second-long stop of the song, to signify the drop.
- It abruptly starts a new section of the song, accent layering.
- I agree with this one. I went with direct layering in this section, doesn't play out so well.
- Again, wrong chart I sent in.
- Felt like people wouldn't care to notice this on normal rate.
- Same rebuttal from before.
- If I were have kept the 32nds like I had in my chart from ODIPack3, it would be a mess. In s83.466, my chart in ODIPack3 had a 43124312(134) pattern (32nds). Do you think I should keep them as 32nds now?
- How will it be much worse?
- Oh.
- Climax theory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah
asdfmovie 6 song / AlexDest
rating: 5/10 [+?]
- the main tune of the song has a lot of bursts that you seem to omit or just put as a group of three 16ths - doesn't really do justice to the song as many are inaccurate; e.g. 0.33s: a 24th gallop here; 1.54s: a 24th burst starting on a 12th note here
- 5.61-9.89s: the melody seems to be a small chorus of synths here, so if you want you can layer this area as jumps (which you do later)
- 10.21s,60.95s,etc.: what's with the sudden underlayering of the file?
- 12.27s,63.01s,: poor PR
- 14.97s: don't get the following two jumps
- 19.09s,69.83s: awkward as heck 24th patterns, namely the transitioning
- 22.26s: why no hand according to your layering scheme?
- 28.29-30.31s,etc.: the melody coming in and out of the wub sounds is quite prominent so I was a bit vexed that you omitted the melody in many cases in place of repeating jumps (you can just have one arrow repeat instead)
- 31.93s: missed arrow
- 44.14s,44.78s,etc.: hands don't seem justified to the sounds
- 48.50s: minijack caused by the 32nd burst into the hand (again, hand doesn't seem justified)
- 83.57s,88.65s: anchor 12ths to the 24th patterns
- 101.54-111.69s: watch out for anchors, you have a ton of 8th note anchors in the 16th handstreams
- 119.30s: overkill IMO; how about keeping the drums as a single stream of 16ths and then layering the melody? Also may be better to end with a hand instead of a quad
- Summary: There are a lot of things that just seem irksome, from the inaccurate stepping of the main melody (bursty) to underlayered parts to ignoring the main melody in dubstep sections. Considering how the difficulty of the song is relatively high, I don't think the intention of generalizing bursty sections as simple 16ths would be a good idea. The file was still somewhat fun to play, but it needs work.

- How do you hear a 24th gallop at 0.33s? I hear no such thing.
- I probably should do that, actually. Thanks.
- I was focusing on the snares in the beginning of the song, there were no snares in this section.
- Poor?
- They go to those wubs.
- I did have a different pattern in my ODIPack3 chart. Not sure what other pattern I could have used here that would have been appealing.
- There were only a snare and a synth playing here, no use for a hand.
- I'll see what I can do with that.
- How is there an arrow missing? I don't hear it.
- Direct layering here. Might have been a mistake in doing this.
- Wrong chart sent. There wouldn't be 32nds here if I had sent the correct one.
- Not much you can do with 24ths.
- The extra layering gets hard to avoid these patterns. Trust me, I've tried avoiding on making anchors.
- Yeah, that jumptrill is generic on my part. I'll try doing that.
- I'll be restructuring this chart soon. Without the use of holds, the heavy layering makes it hard to follow with the song.

popsicle_3000 08-6-2013 12:02 AM

too bad choofs and WC didn't have any actual notes...

tosh 08-6-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 (Post 3953275)
too bad choofs and WC didn't have any actual notes...

People are always free to PM judges for clarification on a score/notes.

I like it 08-6-2013 12:28 AM

dam guess i got some stuff to fix thx for judging my file guys :mrgreen:

Wayward Vagabond 08-6-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tosh (Post 3953278)
People are always free to PM judges for clarification on a score/notes.

^^^

hi19hi19 08-6-2013 12:41 AM

Honestly if I were a judge I would probably give pretty brief notes and then just give more in-depth replies to people who actually bother to ask for them.

I don't blame people who take that route.

bmah 08-6-2013 12:43 AM

Brief notes are fine...I'd just write a bit more than nothing at the very least. (exception goes to choof this time heh)

trumaestro 08-6-2013 12:44 AM

k so i guess from now on i'll just send experimental files that dossar passes and still seem weird to me for some reason

Choofers 08-6-2013 12:54 AM

if I can get stepmania running on linux (I finally got my pc running and goddamn is it glorious), I will sit down and go through every file again with in depth notes