Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

Grrr2003 04-18-2020 12:20 AM

Re: FFR Suggestions

what if you made a linux port that can be downloaded?

Andrew WCY 04-18-2020 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grrr2003 (Post 4725745)
what if you made a linux port that can be downloaded?

According to this link, Adobe AIR has dropped support for Linux distributions since June 14th 2011.

This doesn't mean FFR AIR can't be run on Linux. I have written a guide on getting the game running on several Linux distros via Wine here.

If you want to play on Linux and have encountered problems getting the game to work, feel free to contact me using the methods listed in the guide.

Andrew WCY 06-15-2020 09:17 PM

Moving my discussion from Discord to this thread.

I would like to know about your thoughts on the highlight PB feature.
Currently your PB in the highscores tab and popup is not highlighted. But I've made a change to make that possible.

PB highlighting in the song selection screen:

PB highlighting in the highscores popup:

Would you like this feature more if your PB is put at the top of the leaderboard if it ties with the top score?

Lights 06-18-2020 11:45 AM

not a huge thing, and i apologize if this has already been brought up, but what about an error bar?

I've grown quite accustomed to playing with one and the lack of one has been challenging my accuracy quite a bit.

Zageron 06-18-2020 05:18 PM

Please post your error bar suggestion as a github issue, with pictures and examples! Your request is more likely to get traction that way. :)

https://github.com/flashflashrevolution/rCubed/issues

Lights 06-18-2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 4731772)
Please post your error bar suggestion as a github issue, with pictures and examples! Your request is more likely to get traction that way. :)

Thanks for the heads up!

Synthlight 06-20-2020 03:03 AM

Now if we can sum up 133 pages into a few hours of QA, that would be great. ;)

Honestly though, great to see activity on the github side and I will be doing my best to go back through this thread and prep some suggestions/questions for that live QA thing next week.

Cheers,
Synthlight

justin_ator 07-8-2020 02:11 PM

Quick update via this thread for anyone who might care & wonder - tournament scores are now click-able for PA count, which gives the ability to view PA while on mobile.

palmasmaximo 07-15-2020 02:02 AM

hello there are old songs that, because they are there, cannot be bought nor can I know that the creator of those songs does not know if he does not want to put them but I would like to see some classic songs that cannot be played, at least reactivate them

[GOD] 05-24-2021 11:19 AM

Can we please get an updated working Song player, possibly one that can be played as a radio? ( i would pay for this )

Thanks for reading.

katanaeyegaming 05-24-2021 12:07 PM

A BPM display on songs so we know how fast or slow something is.

sherellegirl 08-16-2021 06:55 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions: Mac Version

Helllloooooooooooooo everyone and hope you all are in good spirits!

Obvs if you're playing FFR still! I love this game, but haven't been able to play since flash is no longer supported these days, but hopefullly we can see a version for apple products in the future. I am definitely willing to pay a subscription to make that happen!!

Kawaii025 08-19-2021 08:46 PM

On your top 100, instead of 'played', is there a way for that to be replaced with either your Raw Score or Raw Goods? Or can that be added?

PBR420 01-7-2023 02:33 PM

It would be amazing if FFRMania had a real leaderboard like the one on the main engine instead of just rank based on number of games played. Also it would be so much more convenient if there was a search box when looking for mania scores instead of having to manually scroll through the super long 14,000+ song list to find the title (the highscore button doesn't work on mania so there is no way to quickly and easily view scores). Example of search box suggestion..

justin 01-8-2023 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBR420 (Post 4784955)
Also it would be so much more convenient if there was a search box when looking for mania scores instead of having to manually scroll through the super long 14,000+ song list to find the title (the highscore button doesn't work on mania so there is no way to quickly and easily view scores)

I'm not trying to be snarky with this or anything but CTRL + F to find a song makes it fairly easy to locate particular ones if you know what you're looking for.

Agreed that a search box would be nice (especially if it filtered real-time and you didn't have to click to search) but I don't know if Velocity has much intention of doing additional work on those at this stage or not.

PBR420 01-8-2023 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin (Post 4784963)
I'm not trying to be snarky with this or anything but CTRL + F to find a song makes it fairly easy to locate particular ones if you know what you're looking for.

Agreed that a search box would be nice (especially if it filtered real-time and you didn't have to click to search) but I don't know if Velocity has much intention of doing additional work on those at this stage or not.

I didn't know ctrl+f would magically make a search box appear on the screen lol thank you so much for that tip it is extremely helpful :)

TheSaxRunner05 01-31-2023 08:30 PM

Remember when teams were a thing?

What if we tied teams to seasons, where you can create or join a team once per season. Then there could be a team leaderboard for things like Notes Hit / Unique AAAs / Unique FCs / GT etc. (maybe other advance stats). Even add some leaderboards that incentivize multiplayer games maybe. If teams had an invite only option, some could aim for things like Lowest Average Rank, or other per member stats.

Just a thought, it would be interesting to see teams return in an “official” fashion. Even better if some top teams’ members received an additional profile badge or something for 1st/2nd/3rd in specific categories.

justin 01-31-2023 08:33 PM

Could be kind of fun to force teams based on skill distribution, i.e. require X number of people max per team in each skill bracket range (i.e. only 1 95+ player, 2 80-95, etc.). This would ensure that the top players don't all team together to smash out crazy good stats and encourages team play at a lot of different levels.

Adriano264 02-5-2023 04:52 AM

maybe add a option to disable/enable audio pitch on rates like etterna?

SK8R43 06-10-2023 01:59 AM

I dont know how viable this is since i know nothing about coding, but would it be possible to make Rate replays separate from regular replays? Or somehow make it so you know its a Rate replay without having to click it to search for Rate replays?

rushyrulz 08-10-2023 02:27 PM

resizable, transparent accuracy bar (like no grid lines either) would be cool so it kinda just like flashes on either side of the screen when early/late

special666 09-9-2023 11:07 AM

I think that something like a "Groove Radar" for the game, or at least implement the NPS (the one that can be seen in the song list section of the website) to be game would be a cool idea

Lambdadelta 12-18-2023 10:32 AM

Perhaps we could change the Stepmania sub-forum name to "Etterna" or "Other Rhythm Games" since Stepmania hasn't been the status quo for several years now and is kind of misleading to new users.

Unless of course it's simply being kept this way because it is not possible / difficult or for some other unstated reason.