Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

Izzy 12-12-2010 02:30 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3366768)
So stuff like 1.5 frame offsets? That'd be nice. Is it possible to implement non-whole frames?

No. I really doubt there is any way to get flash to show a frame halfway inbetween two frames. You would have to increase the fps by double and then offset 1 frame.

rushyrulz 12-12-2010 03:12 PM

lol anyone else notice that AlexDest is on the in-game top 10 (for songs he's AAAd) nearly 100% of the time?

At least the last 150 songs I've AAAd.

Plan_Bsk81127 12-12-2010 03:26 PM

Does it matter? As long as you have the AAA shouldnt matter if he is up there all the time. :P

cry4eternity 12-12-2010 03:33 PM

How about putting a pause button back on the replays?

ic0slay3r 12-12-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3367038)
lol anyone else notice that AlexDest is on the in-game top 10 (for songs he's AAAd) nearly 100% of the time?

At least the last 150 songs I've AAAd.

I always see Velocity on the top 10 lol.

I would prefer a way to just skip to the part I want to see in the replay than a pause button.

TC_Halogen 12-12-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3367002)
No. I really doubt there is any way to get flash to show a frame halfway inbetween two frames. You would have to increase the fps by double and then offset 1 frame.

What needs to be done is sub-frame syncing. The only way to do this is to physically add a pause/silence within the .swf, because I highly doubt you can edit the audio stream, let alone change the .swf within the engine.

Sub-frame syncing would use milliseconds, rather than frames. And I agree, shifting frames within Velocity's global offset seems to shift them really widely, at least more considerably than converting stepcharts using Summerschool's SSFFRC converter.

Vanilla Mnm 12-12-2010 07:08 PM

I would probably be willing to have FFR go down for a week to have just PA based scoring, rather combo based scoring. (I read on this thread somewhere I think that FFR would need to go down for like another week to get it right)

XCV 12-12-2010 07:42 PM

Alright, my two cents:

* Either fix the bug where if the genre you're in is over 12 pages, 13 and 14, etc continue to show up after you leave, or make a dance3 and misc2 genre.

* Order songs according to their difficulty in jimerax's thread over in the main forum.

* Do the level-rank menu Ajax-style, like the one here: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/. What I'm getting at here is the arrows next to the column titles that allow you to instantly order the rows by name, or whatever, forwards or backwards.

* Get rid of the [Heavy] in all those widget songs that don't have a light or standard version.

* HTML/BB support in random thoughts

* Up the filesize limit to 1MB so we don't have to posterize our layouts so much

Thanks.

Tailstail 12-12-2010 10:28 PM

Really don't want to go and read 160 other replies, so I apologize if this has been suggested before.

A way to sort songs by their "actual" genre. (J-Pop, Hardcore, Trance, etc.)

Actually - I feel there might be a thread for this... and if not I'd be willing to make one. I enjoy playing J-Pop songs (regardless of difficulty) but can never seem to find them... same with many of the Touhou songs.

TC_Halogen 12-12-2010 10:44 PM

Replays are broken again...

Velocity 12-13-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3367623)
Replays are broken again...

what?..........

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

SideNote:
Ranks - Length

Sorting with them are finally done. :D

who_cares973 12-13-2010 09:32 AM

why does it have to be on your engine and not the current engine ;_;

Velocity 12-13-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3366643)
What is the formula for calculating the final score? I could have sworn it was just raw score multiplied by combo.

Total Score:
(Perfects * 500) + (Goods * 250) + (Averages * 50) + (Highest Combo * 1000) - (Misses * 300) - (Boos * 15) + Raw Score

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3367949)
why does it have to be on your engine and not the current engine ;_;

Because Copy&Paste is hard. D:

Izzy 12-13-2010 06:51 PM

Fix the miss glitch. I have no idea what causes it but when you miss and keep hitting the notes accurately afterward it just gives you misses. You accumulate about 10 misses per 1 miss. This really messed with raw score. It wasn't much of a problem for combo based scoring because any non full combo was a worthless score anyway that 1 miss is the same as 100 misses.

xBBx Takedown 12-13-2010 06:54 PM

I think the level stats should be ordered by miss count like if you have 1 miss those appear then 2 misses, etc. So people don't have to go crazy and look through all of the songs.

TC_Halogen 12-13-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3368462)
Fix the miss glitch. I have no idea what causes it but when you miss and keep hitting the notes accurately afterward it just gives you misses. You accumulate about 10 misses per 1 miss. This really messed with raw score. It wasn't much of a problem for combo based scoring because any non full combo was a worthless score anyway that 1 miss is the same as 100 misses.

This is just the nature of FFR's timing window. You miss an arrow and try to hit the arrow, the game thinks that you're hitting the old arrow late when there's nothing there - overlapping timing windows, etc.

Anyway, I found a really...really interesting glitch. (click the image for full size)

If you boo out of a song and then press the restart hotkey before the screen transitions, the next time you play the song, you'll have an infinitely long lifebar (as shown by my screenshot above).

Velocity 12-13-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3368514)
This is just the nature of FFR's timing window. You miss an arrow and try to hit the arrow, the game thinks that you're hitting the old arrow late when there's nothing there - overlapping timing windows, etc.

Anyway, I found a really...really interesting glitch. (click the image for full size)
..snip..

If you boo out of a song and then press the restart hotkey before the screen transitions, the next time you play the song, you'll have an infinitely long lifebar (as shown by my screenshot above).

I dunno how that's even possible.

Izzy 12-13-2010 07:51 PM

Because flash is buggy even if your coding is flawless.

HoneyMelonCalibrator 12-13-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3368514)

lmao I've never run across that glitch, but that's crazy.

Velocity 12-13-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3368527)
Because flash is buggy even if your coding is flawless.

True that, look at sorting...

Tailstail 12-14-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3367947)
what?..........

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

SideNote:
Ranks - Length

Sorting with them are finally done. :D

3:00-400

Missing a colon.

Why must it be filter out instead of search for? T_T I have to click like 19 things to filter everything I don't want out just to get what I want... D=

Velocity 12-15-2010 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailstail (Post 3369832)
3:00-400

Missing a colon.

Why must it be filter out instead of search for? T_T I have to click like 19 things to filter everything I don't want out just to get what I want... D=

Missed that.

I do things backwards, I'll add that for next version.

---------------------
Update: Pushed a engine update 5 mins ago.

Izzy 12-15-2010 02:09 AM

Your engine on standalone doesn't load songs for me.

Tailstail 12-15-2010 02:47 AM

It loads for me. However if it's a secret song (let's say... Final Fantasy Last Battle Festival) it doesn't load.

I also don't think it loads unlocked secret songs and I need to test songs bought from the shop.

@Velocity
Glad to help and thanks. Enjoying your engine more than the default one right now. =P Makes finding songs so much faster... especially since the name search wants to work now. (My first load it didn't work...)

Also I don't know how it was caused - but there's a glitch with your filters. I filtered everything but Difficulty 1-3 and 0:00-1:00 and 1:00-2:00 and played a song.

Upon returning the filter loaded only those songs. When I removed all of the filters, I could only select from those 9 or so songs.... they were the only ones to exist at the time. O_o

Pretty sure that's just because Flash fails though...

rushyrulz 12-15-2010 02:52 AM

Mirror replays are still broken.

HoneyMelonCalibrator 12-15-2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3369934)

I think you have to manually select the "mirror" option under settings (in the replay screen). You just click the settings button as the replay wheel is loading up, and select mirror. That should work.

Velocity 12-15-2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3369908)
Your engine on standalone doesn't load songs for me.

Fixed, forgot to revert the song url back to the server, was using relative url which tries loading songs from /~velocity/.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailstail (Post 3369930)
Also I don't know how it was caused - but there's a glitch with your filters. I filtered everything but Difficulty 1-3 and 0:00-1:00 and 1:00-2:00 and played a song.

Upon returning the filter loaded only those songs. When I removed all of the filters, I could only select from those 9 or so songs.... they were the only ones to exist at the time. O_o

Fixed, the filter option is saved, but the checks don't update when you finish a song and enter the menu. Added a check to update the checkboxes when you enter the menu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3369934)

Mirror replays still need to be switched over in options for mirror replays to work.

---------------------
EDIT: Uploaded.

ce1545 12-15-2010 09:16 AM

Is there any reason for it to be "Difficult" instead of "Difficulty" under Sort?

Velocity 12-15-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ce1545 (Post 3370020)
Is there any reason for it to be "Difficult" instead of "Difficulty" under Sort?

Nope, but it's changed now.

ic0slay3r 12-15-2010 12:07 PM

Ball of Malts is still glitched, if you click try again the background will appear, then after 2 seconds, the game throws you to the score/result screen.

Desuu 12-15-2010 12:52 PM

The real Multiplayer? D:

rushyrulz 12-15-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velocity
Mirror replays still need to be switched over in options for mirror replays to work.

Mirror replays are still broken, even when it's switched to mirror on the replay engine.
Rephrased.

Velocity 12-15-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3370109)
Mirror replays are still broken, even when it's switched to mirror on the replay engine.
Rephrased.

Link me a replay, I have no idea what's wrong -_-

One Winged Angel 12-15-2010 02:45 PM

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...play/59721323/

Patashu 12-15-2010 02:48 PM

couldn't you heuristically detect if a replay was probably on mirror by comparing the first X keytaps to the first X notes?

One Winged Angel 12-15-2010 03:23 PM

as long as the file doesn't start off with a billion 14 or 23 jumps haha

Izzy 12-15-2010 03:28 PM

In game avatar is the best feature ever. =)

Plan_Bsk81127 12-15-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3370236)

In game avatar is the best feature ever. =)

+1 =]

Velocity 12-15-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3370187)

Seems I'm going to have to detect mirror replays or something. But turning on mirror for that replay made it playback correctly.

TC_Halogen 12-15-2010 04:13 PM

Loving the in-game avatar, but it's displaying extremely small for me for some reason...

One Winged Angel 12-15-2010 05:09 PM

mirrored replays work for me now velo, dunno if you did something in this past hour or so but awesome job if you did haha

remedy1502 12-15-2010 07:08 PM

Oh, I noticed this after trying out AJ's glitch:
When you press the restart button, the life bar stays the same. So if you restart with it full, it will be full. If you restart with it near empty, it will be the same.

Also, when you sort by rank, it takes the most recent rank you got on the song, rather than your level rank.

I would assume you have to get the rank from the "Your Best Rank" box, instead of the "Your Rank" box. I don't do lots of coding, but I assume it shouldn't be too hard.

Those would be cool fixes. The life bar isn't THAT important, who fails songs anyway XD But for stuff like OMGWTFTOK3N unlock, the extra life can help.

Tailstail 12-15-2010 07:13 PM

I noticed the life glitch too. When you reset it doesn't reset the life bar - just the song. That's the problem. <_< Trivial fix.

master q60 12-15-2010 07:19 PM

instead of posting a new thread for new songs every week, just make a "new songs" genre in game and then replace every month, so this month would have decembers new songs, then when december is up, place them in the right spot then start it all over again with januray

Plan_Bsk81127 12-15-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by master q60 (Post 3370461)
instead of posting a new thread for new songs every week, just make a "new songs" genre in game and then replace every month, so this month would have decembers new songs, then when december is up, place them in the right spot then start it all over again with januray

This could be nice. As well as post the new songs on the main page instead of a thread because not everyone uses the forums.

Could the "Legacy" genre be changed from support to legacy sometime soon? Like so it says legacy.

remedy1502 12-15-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3370463)
This could be nice. As well as post the new songs on the main page instead of a thread because not everyone uses the forums.

Could the "Legacy" genre be changed from support to legacy sometime soon? Like so it says legacy.

It says Legacy in Velo's engine. Although the symbol is still a blue S XD

Plan_Bsk81127 12-15-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remedy1502 (Post 3370491)

ahh, ok, well then, make it a "L" then, just take the token genre logo and flip it, keep it blue though, blue note songs = blue genre. lol

spm515 12-15-2010 09:53 PM

How does the replay feature work? I tried http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ity/replaycode but got a 403

Velocity 12-16-2010 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remedy1502 (Post 3370455)
Oh, I noticed this after trying out AJ's glitch:
When you press the restart button, the life bar stays the same. So if you restart with it full, it will be full. If you restart with it near empty, it will be the same.

Also, when you sort by rank, it takes the most recent rank you got on the song, rather than your level rank.

Life bar fixed.
Rank Update Fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by remedy1502 (Post 3370491)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3370493)
ahh, ok, well then, make it a "L" then, just take the token genre logo and flip it, keep it blue though, blue note songs = blue genre. lol

Legacy Icon fixed/updated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spm515 (Post 3370618)
How does the replay feature work? I tried http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ity/replaycode but got a 403

Just view the normal replays like you would, no special url.
Yours would be here.

TC_Halogen 12-16-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3370270)
Loving the in-game avatar, but it's displaying extremely small for me for some reason...

:?:

HoneyMelonCalibrator 12-16-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3371093)
:?:

I'm having the same problem, too. I'm not using a standalone, though.

justin_ator 12-16-2010 01:22 PM

Oh, something that has always bugged me:
Random Max category only goes up to 12, and we have thirteens. I'd like to have those included in random at times.

Izzy 12-16-2010 01:32 PM

But you already know that the thirteens are rato and death piano. You can search for those individually.

justin_ator 12-16-2010 01:47 PM

But if I'm playing random and don't mind playing those, I'd like for them to be included.

TC_Halogen 12-16-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator (Post 3371096)
I'm having the same problem, too. I'm not using a standalone, though.

I'm not either.

Velocity 12-16-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3371137)
Oh, something that has always bugged me:
Random Max category only goes up to 12, and we have thirteens. I'd like to have those included in random at times.

Easy fix, will up the number. FIXED

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3370270)

I suspect the code I use to resize large avatars to 115x115 is broken if the avatars are smaller then that, which causes the avatar to go the 16x16 that's used in prochat. I'll look into it when I get home from school. FIXED

Patashu 12-17-2010 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3370235)
as long as the file doesn't start off with a billion 14 or 23 jumps haha

first X notes that aren't part of symmetrical jumps/hands then lol

Velocity 12-17-2010 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patashu (Post 3371958)
first X notes that aren't part of symmetrical jumps/hands then lol

Even Better, I'll make it log the mirror option...

Patashu 12-17-2010 02:14 AM

pffft, you and your practical solutions

Izzy 12-17-2010 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3371962)
Even Better, I'll make it log the mirror option...

Instead of making that part of the database can't you just put that in the replay text?

Velocity 12-17-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3372102)
Instead of making that part of the database can't you just put that in the replay text?

That's what I mean.

Shikari 12-17-2010 05:04 PM

Not a great deal, but maybe it'll be good for profiles: Raising filesize limit from 512KB to, I don't know, 1 MB. Or a 700-ish number.

Izzy 12-17-2010 05:20 PM

Velocity says there has been storage space issues recently. I think limiting file sizes is one of the easiest ways to combat this problem. Probably wont change until they have a ton of extra space.

TC_Halogen 12-17-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikari (Post 3372488)
Not a great deal, but maybe it'll be good for profiles: Raising filesize limit from 512KB to, I don't know, 1 MB. Or a 700-ish number.

You can use JPEGs for profiles too - the one on my profile is pretty detailed but it's only around 470KB.

I heard from someone on staff that there was going to be plans on some sort of a storage expansion to 3TB total space?

Shikari 12-17-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3372516)
You can use JPEGs for profiles too - the one on my profile is pretty detailed but it's only around 470KB.

Yeah, I thought JPEGs were smaller than PNGs, but I was wrong. That profile image I showed at DF's chatroom is bigger at JPEG than PNG, but I'll try it anyway.

foxfire667 compressed this image to 507 KB, but FFR keeps saying that "filesize is too large".

Izzy 12-17-2010 06:07 PM

In general jpegs are smaller file sizes then equivalent uncompressed png's, but isn't always true.

jimerax 12-17-2010 07:18 PM

usually pngs look a lot better than jpgs though.

spm515 12-17-2010 11:24 PM

Just had a good idea but the coding involved might be complicated. Make a varient on the auto-fail system that deals with points instead of accuracy. I.E. I'm in a tourney and need to get x amount of points to stay in. I set the point autofail to that amount and if at any point in the song it is no longer possible to acheive that goal it quits.

Izzy 12-17-2010 11:30 PM

I could write the psuedo code for that if we used Raw Score...

Velocity 12-17-2010 11:50 PM

My engine already has points autofail.

bmah 12-17-2010 11:56 PM

For some reason, if I press the enter key when using the search function for Velo's engine, then try to search a song, my results will always remain blank. That is, until I either restart the engine or play a song and go back to the main menu. (I pressed the enter key because I thought that would execute my search, but it doesn't.)

Also, the arrow buttons when scrolling through the genre wheel seem less responsive; I have to click a few times (or click within a few seconds of each other).

Finally, if you were looking through the settings menu while you are loading a song, and that song loads, the game will commence, despite the fact that the settings menu is still in the way. You can't remove the settings menu until you press the "settings" button again which is only available at the main menu. If one hasn't decided on the settings, the settings menu should disappear if a song has loaded (presumably with the previous settings you've had).

XCV 12-18-2010 01:03 AM

(past most of the boring object-creation)

NumGoods * 25 + (NumAvgs + NumMisses) * 40 + NumBoos * 5 = CurrentScoreDeficit
Lbl thisdoesn'tneedaname
If Keytap {
NumArrows * 50 - CurrentRawScore = ScoreDeficit
If ScoreDeficit > MaxScoreDeficit {
Fail()
}
}
Goto thisdoesn'tneedaname

Some minor errors in the code, I'm sure, and it's written in some bat**** combo of calculator BASIC and JS, which is the way I think, but eh the idea gets across

Course, if Velocity just copies and pastes whatever he does in his engine, then that's totally unnecessary.

Izzy 12-18-2010 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3372811)

But I don't think it's the way he is asking. His idea is rather complicated.

spm515 12-18-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3372811)

I don't quite get how it works though. I tested on 'Infection'. The AAA score being 886450. So I set the points autofail to 886449, meaning that if I get anything less that perfect it should fail me, but it didn't. Conversely I set is to 10,000 and reached that amount and also didn't fail like the accuracy autofail would.

Edit: How would this coding work as far as lag btw? Running a multistep calculation at every keystroke can't be good. vROFL is gonna start crashing computers.

Izzy 12-18-2010 01:53 AM

Once the game is loaded it is running from your own cpu. It would be a negligible amount of calculation for any computer made in the past 5 years. It could easily lag on older computers though.

duddychuck@yahoo.com 12-18-2010 03:02 AM

6 key engine please :D

colt.45 12-18-2010 03:48 AM

Just a suggestion but maybe, the amount of arrows we've hit TOTAL, out of all of our games ever played.

Not sure if this would be possible at this point, but just an idea!

Velocity 12-18-2010 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3372825)
For some reason, if I press the enter key when using the search function for Velo's engine, then try to search a song, my results will always remain blank. That is, until I either restart the engine or play a song and go back to the main menu. (I pressed the enter key because I thought that would execute my search, but it doesn't.)

Also, the arrow buttons when scrolling through the genre wheel seem less responsive; I have to click a few times (or click within a few seconds of each other).

Finally, if you were looking through the settings menu while you are loading a song, and that song loads, the game will commence, despite the fact that the settings menu is still in the way. You can't remove the settings menu until you press the "settings" button again which is only available at the main menu. If one hasn't decided on the settings, the settings menu should disappear if a song has loaded (presumably with the previous settings you've had).

I haven't added enter key search as you stated, the reason why it fails after using a enter key, is it's trying to match songs including the line break.

Genre arrows have indeed slowed down, not sure what's causing it, but I'll look into when I get home.

The autoclose of settings broke at one point and needs to be fixed, should be easy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spm515 (Post 3372896)
I don't quite get how it works though. I tested on 'Infection'. The AAA score being 886450. So I set the points autofail to 886449, meaning that if I get anything less that perfect it should fail me, but it didn't. Conversely I set is to 10,000 and reached that amount and also didn't fail like the accuracy autofail would.

Score is done differently, it's a total amount that you have missed in raw scoring, one way to view this is to hover over the score while playing a song to display the raw score missed. This is also the number that shows up on the score screen as missed. If you were to set the score fail to 1, you would fail out for anything besides perfects as anything else adds to the lost total.

8 Hour Whore 12-18-2010 07:09 AM

I want that Perfect/Good/Avg/Miss/Boo pull down on the replays to be implemented in the real thing.. Make it optional or something.. Would be awesome cause I fail at seeing my goods cause I actually have to read "good" in order to know it happened.

Velocity 12-18-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore (Post 3373106)
I want that Perfect/Good/Avg/Miss/Boo pull down on the replays to be implemented in the real thing.. Make it optional or something.. Would be awesome cause I fail at seeing my goods cause I actually have to read "good" in order to know it happened.

Both replays and the engine use the same swf. In the settings it's called "PA Window"