Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Unpopular gaming opinions thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150254)

GhostieGoBoo 11-27-2018 02:30 PM

Re: Unpopular gaming opinions thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 4658186)
lol if you own a console

this ^

it's all about them emulators nowadays. who needs consoles amirite?

drizzleRomanceGirl 11-27-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostieGoBoo (Post 4658191)
this ^

it's all about them emulators nowadays. who needs consoles amirite?

it's not the same

GhostieGoBoo 11-27-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 4658194)
it's not the same

ok then, here's an unpopular opinion on emulators: you're right, they aren't the same cuz they're better. upscaled resolution, better load times, every console along with their respective games fit onto the same pc, and you get to choose whatever controller you feel like. you can even plug the pc into a tv and sit on a couch to play if you felt like it for that nostalgic feel if that's what you're looking for.

edit: i forgot to mention that for speedrunning specifically it's better to be on console so that the playing field is equal for everyone participating. outside of that scope, i don't see the point.

drizzleRomanceGirl 11-27-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostieGoBoo (Post 4658196)
ok then, here's an unpopular opinion on emulators: you're right, they aren't the same cuz they're better. upscaled resolution, better load times, every console along with their respective games fit onto the same pc, and you get to choose whatever controller you feel like. you can even plug the pc into a tv and sit on a couch to play if you felt like it for that nostalgic feel if that's what you're looking for.

edit: i forgot to mention that for speedrunning specifically it's better to be on console so that the playing field is equal for everyone participating. outside of that scope, i don't see the point.

yeah but it's not the same experience

GhostieGoBoo 11-27-2018 03:10 PM

we can agree to disagree, that's what opinion threads are for lol

i'm just saying for me personally, the benefits of an emulator outweigh the nostalgia factor from owning an older console.

drizzleRomanceGirl 11-27-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostieGoBoo (Post 4658199)
we can agree to disagree, that's what opinion threads are for lol

i'm just saying for me personally, the benefits of an emulator outweigh the nostalgia factor from owning an older console.

okay :)

Charu 11-27-2018 03:58 PM

Someone said something about Wind Waker

Gonna just throw that out there that it's one of the worst additions to the series and it has nothing to do with how it looks.

Still a good game though at its core

Funnygurl555 11-27-2018 04:07 PM

lmao sonic 06

G.S.M 11-27-2018 04:09 PM

a true gamer does not take sides and instead owns both console and PC

truegamer4life

Gravity Kitten 11-27-2018 04:14 PM

ffr is my favorite video game

Dinglesberry 11-27-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostieGoBoo (Post 4658196)

Ok I was about to go off then I read ur second half which was basically my argument, like lol ocarina of time saves 15 minutes on vc in 100% because of a glitch that crashes on n64, sooo

Also new 100% world record just happened like 5 mins ago, hypppee

Dinglesberry 11-27-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4658203)
Someone said something about Wind Waker

Gonna just throw that out there that it's one of the worst additions to the series and it has nothing to do with how it looks.

Still a good game though at its core

The intro part of windwaker is so bad and tedious, sneaking thru forsaken fortress etc, that it nearly ruins the game

devonin 11-27-2018 06:18 PM

There's no reason at all to go out of your way to play a single game in the Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda or Super Mario Bros franchises.

GhostieGoBoo 11-27-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4658228)
There's no reason at all to go out of your way to play a single game in the Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda or Super Mario Bros franchises.

eh, i'd say it's more like if you've played one, you've played them all. no harm trying them out once if you've never done it before, but after trying it i'd agree, there's no point playing another one.

same with pokemon, call of duty, etc. they're all pretty much the same games every time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4658226)
Ok I was about to go off then I read ur second half which was basically my argument, like lol ocarina of time saves 15 minutes on vc in 100% because of a glitch that crashes on n64, sooo

Also new 100% world record just happened like 5 mins ago, hypppee

yeah, that's why i added that into my comment. consoles definitely have their spot for speedrunners lol

SK8R43 11-27-2018 07:16 PM

Emulation sucks. Its way more satisfying to actually own the console and play the console with the controllers. Just like its more satisfying to actually own dvds instead of watching stuff like netflix. It might cost more but in the longrun you can actually sell them and make some money back rather than losing everything.
Not to mention you really cant beat the old school graphics and feel. Rather not play N64 games with HD lol

Edit: Yes QueenAshy i have PLAYED and beaten Galaxy. Not a fan of it. wasnt impressed at all...

Dinglesberry 11-27-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4658237)
Emulation sucks. Its way more satisfying to actually own the console and play the console with the controllers. Just like its more satisfying to actually own dvds instead of watching stuff like netflix. It might cost more but in the longrun you can actually sell them and make some money back rather than losing everything.
Not to mention you really cant beat the old school graphics and feel. Rather not play N64 games with HD lol

Edit: Yes QueenAshy i have PLAYED and beaten Galaxy. Not a fan of it. wasnt impressed at all...

Agreed, I also feel that if you just emulate it it's harder to get into, in a way

Like I really want to beat super metroid but I always get bored of it like halfway thru, if I actually paid for it and owned it there would be more motivation, maybe I'm just weird tho

Dinglesberry 11-27-2018 07:43 PM

Unpopular opinion, links awakening and the Oracle zeldas are the best 2D zeldas and a link to the past is bad and overrated

Ok I'm about to crank it up a notch, I'm surprised no one has said "osu is better than ffr/stepmania"

SubaruPoptart 11-27-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4658244)
Unpopular opinion, links awakening and the Oracle zeldas are the best 2D zeldas and a link to the past is bad and overrated

Ok I'm about to crank it up a notch, I'm surprised no one has said "osu is better than ffr/stepmania"

ngl, I'd try osu if I had a tablet or somethin, but dear god is it ABYSMAL on a mouse. And not even a "drag-mouse", a mouseball mouse. The timing on mania is wack as hell for me as well, no idea how to change scroll speed, a good 85% of the charts aren't even 4K (since I'm incompetent as hell on 5K+). Taiko and Catch the Beat are OK though. I suck at both of them but that's just because I'm genuinely bad at it.

Osu < FFR/Stepmania for me. Y'know, til I get a tablet of some sort. : P

icontrolyourworld 11-27-2018 08:03 PM

i'm ok with diablo immortal coming out

Spenner 11-27-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld (Post 4658253)
i'm ok with diablo immortal coming out

Like, what level of "ok with it" are you. Like, you're definitely gonna throw your money at them level ok?