Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   "The Museum of DDR Simfile History" (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=146729)

Arntonach 02-20-2017 10:02 AM

Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

Fuck I had to look up what a .ded file was. Damn this shit's old school. Perhaps someone should make a .rar or .zip file for us youngin's?

Shuey 02-20-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arntonach (Post 4522313)
Fuck I had to look up what a .ded file was. Damn this shit's old school. Perhaps someone should make a .rar or .zip file for us youngin's?

In my opinion, "old" is irrelevant when considering "functionality". Disk Explorer Pro is awesome, and it's free! I use it to inventory all of my external hard drives.

Arch0wl 02-21-2017 04:32 AM

if bandwith ever become an issue let me know so I can donate to hosting or whatever

Shuey 02-21-2017 08:42 AM

Arch! Good to see you again after all these years (even if virtually, lol). I'm not sure if the statement I'm about to make is 100% accurate, but you're the first keyboard player I ever saw who could dominate Stepmania like no one else. How's your skills nowadays? Are you even more beast now than you were back in the day?! :-O

qqwref 02-21-2017 01:59 PM

This is awesome. So cool to see someone has an archive of old files! A few years ago I tried to find every pack I could, and most of the really old ones weren't around anymore. I wonder if this fills in any of the list of missing packs...

Shuey 02-21-2017 02:12 PM

qqwref: Do you coordinate with foxfire667 to keep track of everything (i.e. combine your super powers, lol)?

tunsz555 02-25-2017 07:19 AM

There's a thing called Resilio Sync (https://www.resilio.com/individuals/). You set up your storage and then other people can mirror that storage to their own computer peer to peer. Kind of like BitTorrent, if there are many person doing it will be faster. There is no cloud to store the file, so maybe P2P is better if you are concerned about copyright strike.

Shuey 02-25-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tunsz555 (Post 4525788)
There's a thing called Resilio Sync (https://www.resilio.com/individuals/). You set up your storage and then other people can mirror that storage to their own computer peer to peer. Kind of like BitTorrent, if there are many person doing it will be faster. There is no cloud to store the file, so maybe P2P is better if you are concerned about copyright strike.

I actually used Resilio when it was "BT Sync", but it was limited at the time. Hmmm... looks like the free plan with Resilio might just work out fine.

One last thing I regret to have to mention: I'm not going to be able to share my files this weekend. I gotta go to work today and will be working all weekend on our upgrade. I won't be able to upload until next weekend now :(.

MixMasterLar 02-25-2017 03:09 PM

Kind of a bummer but it's still awesome that they are on the way!

foxfire667 02-26-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shuey (Post 4525797)
One last thing I regret to have to mention: I'm not going to be able to share my files this weekend. I gotta go to work today and will be working all weekend on our upgrade. I won't be able to upload until next weekend now :(.

I pretty much just expect delays at this point, hence why I didn't check until today. I tell you what, when you are able to get it set up, send me a PM, or better yet ping me on Discord if you have one: Foxfire#5551

Reincarnate 03-4-2017 10:48 AM

Curious if any updates on this

Shuey 03-6-2017 10:47 AM

Weird... I sent a reply on this yesterday but I don't see it here today O_o...

Yep, I have the Museum all queued up and ready to share to Foxfire. As soon as he has the entire thing on his end, he'll go through it all and start uploading any packs from the Museum that were missing from his collection :).

foxfire667 03-6-2017 04:12 PM

Oh cool, there are posts from today! Regardless, here's an update:

It shouldn't be long now before I have the entire collection to look over, maybe another day or two.

MarioNintendo 03-10-2017 08:16 AM

So,, how is it?

Reincarnate 03-10-2017 10:14 PM

Presumably the transfer completed

Shuey 03-11-2017 06:40 AM

I can't believe Foxfire hasn't given us an update by now, lol. Yep, the transfer completed a few days ago. I'm still waiting to hear what he thinks of everything! :-S

blindreper1179 03-14-2017 11:36 PM

FOXFIRE, WHATS THE DEALIO!

ALSO HI, IT'S BEEN A LONG ASS TIME

storn42 03-15-2017 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4532939)
FOXFIRE, WHATS THE DEALIO!

ALSO HI, IT'S BEEN A LONG ASS TIME

we need our ancient files that you dug up from that old pyramid!

Reincarnate 03-22-2017 12:41 AM

Foxfire >:O

Shuey 03-22-2017 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 4537558)
Foxfire >:O

Right!? People were chompin' at the bit to get those files (including Foxfire). But now it's like a ghost town in here, lol.