Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFR Awards 2010, The Year of the Revival (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117162)

TC_Halogen 01-26-2011 10:56 AM

Re: FFR Awards 2010, The Year of the Revival

(Nois-or-e isn't a -forum mod-, he's only a local one - just thought I'd throw that out there ;))

I still haven't gotten a response as to whether or not it's alright for me to port the old awards into a new thread. I can create it and hold on to it until it's alright (or give it to someone like Hammy/Devonin if they want to remove/add things).

MrMagic5239 01-26-2011 11:33 AM

No votes for me for most improved player, though I went from 0 to 4 and should of been 8 FMOs in 2 months lul

ichliebekase 01-26-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 (Post 3405347)
No votes for me for most improved player, though I went from 0 to 4 and should of been 8 FMOs in 2 months lul

Hey, I jumped from low D2 to high D4 in the time that the site has come back. But it's no Oni get. Austin beasted in the time the site was down.

MrMagic5239 01-26-2011 11:54 AM

Note the reason for "lul" meant sarcasm

<3

Xx{Midnight}xX 01-26-2011 11:56 AM

Welp here's my contribution.

STEPFILES

Stepfile of the Year

I nominate Op.10 No.9 by Chopin, Stepped by SKG_Scintil
Reason being I dislike every file on this list so far.

Stepartist of the Year

Samurai7694 & Coolboyrulez0 for Bury The Hatchet

Reasoning: Again I dislike every file mentioned for the other guys. (Unless it's one I haven't played, there may have been one I missed.)

Most Enjoyable Stepfile of the Year (to play)

And the nominees are...

Op. 9 No. 10 by Chopin, stepfile by SKG_Scintill: 1 Vote
I vote for this one. This file is awesome and deserves more attention.

TO BE ANNOUNCED

THE RATO AWARD

Awarded to the biggest dump file of the year.

And the nominees are...

RAN by Cranky, stepfile by megamon88

This file is worse than ERB any day of the year. OMFWTFTOKEN isn't an ffr file. It's not worth an award, it shouldn't be in the game. Period.

Categories are:

Admin of the Year (obvious)

Velocity: 3 Votes
Synth: 1 Vote

I Nominate Aperson (If i can that is.) Not that I dislike you Jon or anything, but someone needs to put his name on here. He does one hell of a job.

Forum Mod of the Year (obvious)

Devonin: 2 Vote
Jenova: 1 Vote

Mleh Devonin.

Programmer of the Year (whoever put the most effort into successful updates and add-ons for the site)

Velocity: 1 Vote
Aperson: 1 Vote

I'm gonna have to go with Aperson. He's sped up and cleaned up the entire site which is quite nice.

Best Forum Member of the Year (all around smartest, most helpful, kindest, and most prolific member)

HammyMcSquirrel: 1 Vote
I nominate Nois-Or-E easily. Hammy is awesome but I think Jae's been great.

Most Helpful Forum Member of the Year (obvious)

PlanBsk8t: 1 Vote
Reincarnate: 1 Vote

Neither of these people have done much that I've seen. And I lack a better name so I'm not doing anything for this catagory.

Most Annoying Forum Member of the Year (yeah, time to see my name up there, once more, obvious)

Reincarnate/Rubix Nomination. Sorry.

Dumbest Forum Member of the Year

Andrew Mitchell: 2 Votes
-Ghost: 2 Votes
Reincarnate: 1 Vote

Reincarnate.

Douchiest Forum Member of the Year (the guy who's not just annoying, but goes out of his way to piss people off by either flaming, trolling, or just being an all around douche)

Andrew Mitchell: 1 Vote

This one is hard. It really is.

Foilman8805. Oh wait that was pretty easy.

Worst Forum Member of the Year (the guy who is all around terrible, has stupid posts, is an ass, not helpful, insights flamewars, and is the most detrimental member to the community. I also am a proud owner of this award under my damanwithdaskillz account).

Andrew Mitchell: 2 Votes
-Ghost: 2 Votes

Foilman8805 nomination.

Player awards:

Most Improved Player (this guy, he climbed that ladder faster than a chuck norris on steroids, he is has worked hard, trained his fingers, and sharpened his senses and timing like forging a diamond. He has become the most improved player this year)

Shikari: 1 Vote
igotrhythm: 1 Vote

Mr.Magic nomination.

Biggest Playing Whore (this guy just plays and plays, doesn't play for rank, but he doesn't stop anyways! Played the most songs this year)

OneWingedAngel: 2 Votes
Hakulyte: 1 Vote

Pmonbuv1 nomination. Guy's gone from no 10 AAA to near Oni with how much he's whored.

Most skilled Player (Got the most impressive score/AAA this year and wow'd us all on the bragboard)

AlexDest: 1 Vote

TC_Halogen nomination. Alex is great though, I wouldn't mind him taking this either. Samurai would be a great nomination for this to.

Player of the Year (good luck figuring out who that is)

AlexDest: 1 Vote
OneWingedAngel: 1 Vote

Sky Kitten nomination.

SIGNATURE OF THE YEAR AWARD
Mr.Magic. That Tagrei comment in there won this.

Edit: We should do a worst stepfile of the year. I think we used to have that category.

kmay 01-26-2011 11:56 AM

most unimproved player:
kmay(still remains consistently, slightly above average)

Shikari 01-26-2011 12:23 PM

Changing my vote for Most Improved Player category to pmonibuv1. I'm not bandwagoning, I just didn't know about the fact that he was D1 before the crash, and now he AAAs FMOs. He deserve this award.

HammyMcSquirrel 01-26-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3405336)
I still haven't gotten a response as to whether or not it's alright for me to port the old awards into a new thread. I can create it and hold on to it until it's alright (or give it to someone like Hammy/Devonin if they want to remove/add things).

I'm going to try to work something out after I get in touch with a few people. The awards and general thread situation may be different for 2010 because of the difference in circumstances for the year, so I wouldn't bother doing anything with previous awards at the moment.

TC_Halogen 01-26-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel (Post 3405376)
I'm going to try to work something out after I get in touch with a few people. The awards and general thread situation may be different for 2010 because of the difference in circumstances for the year, so I wouldn't bother doing anything with previous awards at the moment.

Alright, sounds good. I actually just noticed that TheRapingDragon made a return to FFR and he was the last person to host the awards; maybe you could give him a message or two (granted, he might have missed FFR's first 3 months, he still might be of use).

omega_grunt666 01-26-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmay (Post 3405359)
most unimproved player:
kmay(still remains consistently, slightly above average)

If this is a category, I'm totally in xD

In at least 3 years I haven't gotten any better...
Videos and Replays to prove it too =p

8 Hour Whore 01-26-2011 12:42 PM

Stepfile of the Year

Its Only Natural by Riser, stepfile by Bluguerilla

Stepartist of the Year

Bluguerilla for Overdrive, Only Natural, and Skeletor

Most Enjoyable Stepfile of the Year (to play)

Overdrive by Cranky, stepfile by Bluguerilla

THE RATO AWARD

Einstein-Rosen Bridge by Venetian Snares, stepfile by dore: 1 Vote

Admin of the Year (obvious):
Velocity

Forum Mod of the Year (obvious):
Hammy

Programmer of the Year (whoever put the most effort into successful updates and add-ons for the site):
Aperson

Best Forum Member of the Year (all around smartest, most helpful, kindest, and most prolific member):
TC_Halogen

Most Helpful Forum Member of the Year (obvious):
TC_Halogen

Funniest Forum Member this Year (The member who's posts made you rofl so hard you cried and pee'd yourself simultaneosly, you've sig'd all his posts and he amused you with his humor all year long):
One Winged Angle

Most Annoying Forum Member of the Year (yeah, time to see my name up there, once more, obvious):
Reincarnate

Dumbest Forum Member of the Year (the guy who just goes around posting shit when he knows nothing and it all sounds stupid, I once won this great award when I was damanwithdaskillz):
Andrew Mitchell

Douchiest Forum Member of the Year (the guy who's not just annoying, but goes out of his way to piss people off by either flaming, trolling, or just being an all around douche):
Andrew Mitchell

Worst Forum Member of the Year (the guy who is all around terrible, has stupid posts, is an ass, not helpful, insights flamewars, and is the most detrimental member to the community. I also am a proud owner of this award under my damanwithdaskillz account).
Andrew Mitchell

Player awards:

Most Improved Player (this guy, he climbed that ladder faster than a chuck norris on steroids, he is has worked hard, trained his fingers, and sharpened his senses and timing like forging a diamond. He has become the most improved player this year)
remedy1502

Biggest Playing Whore (this guy just plays and plays, doesn't play for rank, but he doesn't stop anyways! Played the most songs this year)
Hakulyte & 8 Hour Whore

Most skilled Player (Got the most impressive score/AAA this year and wow'd us all on the bragboard)
TC_Halogen

Player of the Year (good luck figuring out who that is)
One Winged Angel

AVATAR OF THE YEAR AWARD (forgot this was there previous years, it's up for voting!)
dore

SIGNATURE OF THE YEAR AWARD (same as above)
flashpantss

Yes voted for myself for 250-300 game plays a day for the past 2 months
Got 1.5bil in a week and a half

stavie33 01-26-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3405289)
I can go grab the old forum awards and clean them up a bit, if it's not an issue.

Please do, and then lock this thread, this was just a prototype anyways, but I did this because I feel this 3 month period deserved it's award show, I mean, FFR's back, and so much has changed and so many people put effort into this, and so many GOOD songs were finally added, I think this period deserves an award thread

Reincarnate 01-26-2011 12:57 PM

I annoy when people are stupid

such as not voting me best player. i mean seriously? death piano and rato, guys. y'all tards

AlexDest 01-26-2011 01:04 PM

i think another category could be added into this

Most Underrated Player

foilman8805 01-26-2011 01:12 PM

Dumbest Forum Member of the Year

Xx{Midnight}xX

kmay 01-26-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexDest (Post 3405388)
i think another category could be added into this

Most Underrated Player

omg me!!! 4th place in d5 8)

but no srsly its not me

LoneW0lf 01-26-2011 01:23 PM

Halogen easy.

flashpantss 01-26-2011 01:25 PM

I think Kmay underestimates himself way too much. just sayin.

I also agree with all of 8 hour whore's votes.

leonid 01-26-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3405385)
I annoy when people are stupid

such as not voting me best player. i mean seriously? death piano and rato, guys. y'all tards

I think everyone is in denial lol

kommisar 01-26-2011 01:41 PM

or they don't like you