Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   [Concluded] Benguin's (and Xel's!) Rates Tourney #2 (Round 6 in Progress) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=148564)

reuben_tate 12-11-2017 12:30 AM

Re: Benguin's Rates Tourney #2 (Registration Open)

Updated to here! I'm really glad to see people signing up :) Also, I've received a flux of donations so shout out to everyone that has donated! I've read your donation messages and I really appreciate the support c: I've posted the donator's names and donation amounts in the OP so be sure to give them a round of applause :) We're currently at a prize pot of 1,421,426 credits, which is over 5 times the original prize pot!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardstyleLover (Post 4600676)
Count me in! Donated :)

You got it! And thanks for the donation!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shodzzy (Post 4600678)
210% in

That's a lot of percents

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmoeleon (Post 4600742)
Ready to fail, I'm in.

You're gonna with that attitude xP
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gir (Post 4600749)
Sock it to me baby~

*puts a shoe on you* E:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shodzzy (Post 4600779)
Wait how do I send credits or whatever? Do I need to send credits to participate? and if so, how much?

As ositzxz369 has explained, you do not need to send any credits...there is no entrance fee to participate in the tournament. People are free to donate to the prize pool if they are feeling generous, although it is not required. I'll add donation instructions to the OP if you or anyone else wants to donate.

reuben_tate 12-11-2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4600680)
:twisted:

Also, everyone, please welcome XelNya, my partner in crime! We have co-hosted the previous rates tournament so we're hoping we can bring you another awesome rates tourney! He'll be responsible for song picks so you can blame him :P and will be helping with updates throughout the tourney.

Banner update to come soon~

sickufully 12-11-2017 01:38 AM

Re: Benguin's (and Xel's!) Rates Tourney #2 (Registration Open)

I forgot how to play this game but sign me up.

XelNya 12-11-2017 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4600993)
Also, everyone, please welcome XelNya, my partner in crime! We have co-hosted the previous rates tournament so we're hoping we can bring you another awesome rates tourney! He'll be responsible for song picks so you can blame him :P and will be helping with updates throughout the tourney.

Banner update to come soon~

Oh they're gonna blame me alright

^_^

rushyrulz 12-11-2017 02:27 AM

wait am I still banned from all middie events or

XelNya 12-11-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4600999)
wait am I still banned from all middie events or

Let's just put that shit behind us. Shit's stupid and I was likely being a cunt.

You're absolutely more than welcome to join.

DDRNSTPMGMX 12-11-2017 10:52 AM

count me in also all songs have to be 10 goods or less?

storn42 12-11-2017 12:10 PM

i'm bored
in

SK8R43 12-11-2017 04:58 PM

Cant really play since computer issues but i guess i'll donate some fiffer creds. :P

TheSaxRunner05 12-11-2017 06:37 PM

I would but A) My computer lags like hell on rates and
B) I'm super rusty. Like D3 level lol

Shodzzy 12-11-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ositzxz369 (Post 4600817)
As the tournament organizer said, "To donate, go to the "Play FFR" tab in the upper-right hand corner, click "credit shop", and on the top of the page should be a form to donate credits. Just put my username "reuben_tate", your donation amount, and an optional message ."

Also, there is no fee required to participate. Most people are donating credits to this tourney out of generosity.

Done! Thanks!

One Winged Angel 12-11-2017 06:55 PM

ugh rates still lag spike brutally every 20 seconds or so (even though on 1.0 everything runs fine)

fuck

SK8R43 12-11-2017 07:17 PM

I get lag on everything XD Need a legit gaming computer, i guess. HA

reuben_tate 12-11-2017 08:26 PM

Updated to here~ Let me know if I've somehow skipped over putting your name in the participation or donation list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickufully (Post 4600996)
I forgot how to play this game but sign me up.

Hopefully the rust comes off quickly :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDRNSTPMGMX (Post 4601020)
count me in also all songs have to be 10 goods or less?

Not necessarily. You'll have to get fewer than a certain amount of goods every round and that number of goods will be determined by a random number generator at the start of the round (it'll be a number between 10 and 100).
Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4601028)
i'm bored
in

Prepare to be UN-BORED!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shodzzy (Post 4601095)
Done! Thanks!

Thanks for the donation!

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4601084)
Cant really play since computer issues but i guess i'll donate some fiffer creds. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 4601094)
I would but A) My computer lags like hell on rates and
B) I'm super rusty. Like D3 level lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 4601097)
ugh rates still lag spike brutally every 20 seconds or so (even though on 1.0 everything runs fine)

fuck

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4601099)
I get lag on everything XD Need a legit gaming computer, i guess. HA

I'm sorry to hear that some people are having issues with lag :( I don't know if newer versions of flash player might help resolve that issue...I've had decent gameplay on Flash Player 21 and 27.

reuben_tate 12-11-2017 08:35 PM

Also, I'm pleased to announce that this tournament will receive ~official backing~ meaning that we should be seeing an even larger prize pot for the tournament in addition to exclusive event tokens for those that do well in the tournament.

For some of the new players not familiar with event tokens, below is a description from the FAQ page on the FFR Wiki:
Quote:

You may have noticed that some tokens do not have a requirement which is listed, but rather merely say they are an Event Token. Every once and a while, FFR will host events or spontaneous contests, which may have these tokens as prizes for doing well. Keep an eye out for new hosted contests by event staff over at the events forum. You can also pick them up by placing very highly (top 3 in divisions 1-6, or participating as a division 7 player), though this would be be severely more difficult than a general event for a newer player.
More information about tokens (and other stuff) in general can be found here:http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ. Note that we'll only use token files for a round only in the case that everyone playing around has that token.

More details on this to come~

reuben_tate 12-11-2017 08:43 PM

Also, since sign-ups are going relatively well, we're going to start looking at division placements. If we have any concerns regarding your division placement, we might send you a PM with some clarifying questions. Similarly, when we're done with division placements, you are welcome to bring your own concerns to us, but please do so in a PM.

We'll keep you guys posted~

reuben_tate 12-11-2017 10:01 PM

Just put up the tournament spreadsheet in the OP~

The spreadsheet includes a VERY ROUGH initial division placements (mostly done by looking at your official division placement and top scores via the FFR leaderboards feature). We plan to do some more refining of the placements as the week goes on.

One thing I wanted to point out is that we have a very good amount of D4, D6, and D7 players but we have almost no D3 or D5 players. It also wouldn't hurt to have more D1 and D2 players as well. Don't be embarrassed to message some of your FFR peeps...even if they haven't played in over a year :P If we aren't able to get enough people to fill up the D3 or D5 slots, we might have to shift the division lines a little bit to get things to work.

As always, we appreciate any feedback/suggestions in regards to division placements. If you feel that you or your opponent have been placed in too low or too high of a division, then please feel free to let us know via PM :)

Cheers~

EDIT: Posting the link here for convenience

ositzxz369 12-11-2017 10:27 PM

The spreadsheet link on your initial post works, but not the one on your edit.

reuben_tate 12-11-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ositzxz369 (Post 4601118)
The spreadsheet link on your initial post works, but not the one on your edit.

should be fixed now, thanks!

juckter1 12-11-2017 10:38 PM

In + donated