Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Art and Graphics (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Make me a banner - Get credits and stuff! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=81236)

chidori! 11-7-2007 06:42 PM

Re: Make me a banner - Get credits and stuff!

i quit i was about to have the the best bannnner all i needed was a dragon but i can't find a good one in 2 days thats transparent

SulferDragon 11-7-2007 07:34 PM

lol, can't you make it transparent? It's not that hard to find an image that's easy to make transparent.

Kitsune Bandit 11-7-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 1867528)
Kitsune Bandit: lol, using the same dragon as sp1nzoK. I like everything except the text. I actually had to look a little before I saw it the first time. Make it a bit more noticeable. The snow, and the background are nice. Only thing that could make it better are some extra details. As for the animated banner, it's alright, but the snow could flow better, like you said.

It's a beautiful dragon, in my opinion. <3

The banner...the text is...well, I'm really bad with text, I will definitely admit that one. I almost never can get the text to blend in well/right.

I have more work to do tonight, but I'll see if I can fix that banner up more...if not, I'll be able to work on it tomorrow after I get home. I'll more than likely play around with the other dragons to see if I can come up with something better or whatnot, too.

(And as for the .gif...I may work on that one some more...but I highly doubt I'll be able to get it satisfactory looking, or even have time to do so. Animation comes last. Heh.)

Nightfirecat 11-8-2007 10:47 AM

Ok... So is there any specific effect on the background that you'd like? I was thinking some wind from the left, then another filter? As for the text, sure... I hadn't thought of making it blend in more...

EDIT: Ok.. Tried tried blending the text... And tried another effect on the background. Give feedback please.

SulferDragon 11-8-2007 02:19 PM

I think you just need to start from scratch. I'm just not digging it. I can't really say what it is, but I just don't care for it. Maybe it's a little to blue for me, or it just needs more pizazz.

Nightfirecat 11-8-2007 02:55 PM

Yeah... Ah well... I tried.

Kitsune Bandit 11-8-2007 04:43 PM

Ack. I just can't get the text to go anywhere decent! D: It seems to look a little plain without any effects at all, but...

In any case, I think I'll be working on this a while longer...SOMETHING will have to come out that's decent..

Also, I was fixing the original and by a wrong option click, I created a darker version. Here's that. I'd have to work on those colors, though...compared to the dragon, they're quite off.

Bah, this is what I get for not using PS for banners and such for a while. x_X

Here's another remake of the original.
('kay, this is bothering me now. D: )

SulferDragon 11-8-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsune Bandit (Post 1868845)

I actually like this quite a bit :3

The text looks especially nice.

You know what, I can't just pick one banner, and I have plenty of credits, so I'm just going to give everyone who made a banner credits. Of course, first prize still gets the subscription and stuff. You can never have enough banners <3 <3

-Moo- 11-8-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 1868922)
IYou know what, I can't just pick one banner, and I have plenty of credits, so I'm just going to give everyone who made a banner credits. Of course, first prize still gets the subscription and stuff. You can never have enough banners <3 <3

EVEN ME!

How many credits do i get for my omgsokewldamngudlookin dragon?

SulferDragon 11-8-2007 06:05 PM

-Moo- 11-8-2007 06:07 PM

Fine.. Fine!

Don't ever expect an awesome banner from me any time soon.
newb

SulferDragon 11-8-2007 06:09 PM

You don't like pi?

:-(

Kitsune Bandit 11-8-2007 06:15 PM

Oh, you like that one? I seriously feel accomplished. =O

Is there something you don't like about it? I'll make more changes, if so. I want you to like it as much as possible, even if it does just go into cold storage. =p

And -Moo-...I lol'd.

Nightfirecat 11-8-2007 06:18 PM

I lol'd at -moo- too...

Yeah... I don't have PS at home, so I can't work anymore on mine... Cuz I don't know GIMP at all... It confuzes me... lawl. At least I got to challenge myself a bit.

SulferDragon 11-8-2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsune Bandit (Post 1868960)
Oh, you like that one? I seriously feel accomplished. =O

Is there something you don't like about it? I'll make more changes, if so. I want you to like it as much as possible, even if it does just go into cold storage. =p

No, there's really nothing I don't like about it. Only thing that could make it better is some extra details. As long as the details don't ruin the whole thing.

-Moo- 11-8-2007 06:24 PM

That -Moo- cow dude is F--ing hilarious. Who does he think he is? Picasso?

No but I really tried. I think I should get at least 5k credits. Common. Please.

Edit: I was going for a "kitty-cat-dragon-hamster-body-thing"
I think this is my best work so far.

SulferDragon 11-8-2007 06:31 PM

Someone just hacked my account and I lost all my my creds. oops...

OH WELL!

No, seriously, I don't feel like joking around now.

<-- is in a bad mood.

-Moo- 11-8-2007 06:32 PM

I lol'd

It was God. He knew you were making fun of me and he punished you.
Go to hell.

LIAR!

Kitsune Bandit 11-8-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfirecat (Post 1868965)
I lol'd at -moo- too...

Yeah... I don't have PS at home, so I can't work anymore on mine... Cuz I don't know GIMP at all... It confuzes me... lawl. At least I got to challenge myself a bit.

Psst...you can be a pirate, too.=D

If that's the case, of course. I don't even know what GIMP is...it's always been PS for me. Heh. I hope it won't be confusing to you for too long, if you're using it still.

And challenging yourself is good. It really helps.

Sulfer: Ah, I'm glad. I'll see what I can do with any extra details. I'll really have to make sure not to overdo it. If you wouldn't mind or whatnot, what do you think it needs in the area of details? What's it lacking to you?
I'll still work on it tonight and see what I can add.

SulferDragon 11-8-2007 06:46 PM

I see that white text, and I am too =D

I have no idea what details it needs, it's great. If you want to add some I don't care, but I don't know what you should do. I was just saying if it was to get any better that's all you could do.