Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ATTN People applicable for a forum title change (Veterans, simfile artists, etc.) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117772)

nois-or-e 04-19-2011 12:01 PM

Re: ATTN People applicable for a forum title change (Veterans, simfile artists, etc.)

A simfile author is a simfile author, regardless of the amount of files in-game .___.

Hard enough getting one in imo

Niala 04-19-2011 12:13 PM

Re: ATTN People applicable for a forum title change (Veterans, simfile artists, etc.)

As of today, T-Force and I should both be simfile artists, assuming collabs count towards the status.

rushyrulz 04-19-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nois-or-e (Post 3452927)
A simfile author is a simfile author, regardless of the amount of files in-game .___.

Hard enough getting one in imo

Agree.

HammyMcSquirrel 04-19-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 3452883)
I guess the question is whether we want to set a barrier to getting the simfile author title based on needing a certain number of songs in the game > 1

Seeing how collaboration files are considered as "half of a submission" in the queue/batch discussion thread and the system going on there, it seems the same logic should be applied towards obtaining a title. If you need one file in game to get the simfile author title, you'd need at least two collabs in game to get the title.

Other than that, I don't think there should be any limitations.

Niala 04-19-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel (Post 3452937)
Seeing how collaboration files are considered as "half of a submission" in the queue/batch discussion thread and the system going on there, it seems the same logic should be applied towards obtaining a title. If you need one file in game to get the simfile author title, you'd need at least two collabs in game to get the title.

Other than that, I don't think there should be any limitations.

I kind of suspected this would be the case, which isn't a big deal to me, I can just wait for Homosexual Love Scene to come out. That being said, Trevor is going to kill you if you implement this.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

TC_Halogen 04-19-2011 01:18 PM

Collaborations never showed up on profiles and I was under the impression that you had to get a file in by yourself to get the title. You'd have to ask Jimerax about that one.

HammyMcSquirrel 04-19-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3452958)
Collaborations never showed up on profiles and I was under the impression that you had to get a file in by yourself to get the title. You'd have to ask Jimerax about that one.

People have been given the title before for just having a collab in game for quite awhile. Collab files don't show up on profiles because it's more of an incomplete/non-coded thing with the automated process. It was noted awhile back with Velocity saying he was going to look into it. Not sure if he ever did.

Bynary Fission 04-19-2011 01:54 PM

Eh, what the hell. I'd like to be a Veteran, please. I narrowly make the cut for seniority - just three months. Whew.

bmah 04-19-2011 02:34 PM

From what I understood, you have to have at least one simfile made by yourself before you get a simfile title. In the past, you had to have a certain amount too (3 I think? Idk). No collabs count. Ask jx...

HammyMcSquirrel 04-19-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3452989)
From what I understood, you have to have at least one simfile made by yourself before you get a simfile title. In the past, you had to have a certain amount too (3 I think? Idk). No collabs count. Ask jx...

Like I said before, people have gotten their title for having a single collab in the game. See Kailure for example. He's listed under one three-way collab and he has a title. Perhaps this wasn't supposed to happen but I'm not surprised it did given the inefficiency of how it was all managed.

It makes sense to me to apply collabs towards a title just as much as they are counted in the queue/batch guidelines. But if they should have never been applicable for being given a title in the first place then I won't complain. Less work for the admins lmao

3lijah 04-19-2011 03:04 PM

Im so happy I found this thread. I have been trying to find out what was the necessary requirements for Vet status for quite a while. Now that I know, Im 2/3rds away from Veteran :)

bmah 04-19-2011 03:31 PM

@Hammy: I'm fine with any requirements, but the point is that no reqs for simile author status has really been solidified. Perhaps it's a good time to make clarifications.

T-Force 04-19-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niala (Post 3452939)
That being said, Trevor is going to kill you if you implement this.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

LMAO, oh Jeff, I love you.
Although I knew that collabs don't get you the status at all so it doesn't bother me too much. I met my goal, and if the decision comes that I need another collab or single file in, I'll do it. But for now, I'm happy it's in.

Thanks for caring though. <3

jimerax 04-19-2011 05:43 PM

These titles are given manually by admins, and the requirements are quite unclear.

like bmah said, these are the current requirements I think.

- You need at least one song/file in the game to get music producer/simfile author title.
- collabs do not count for the title.

midnghtraver 04-19-2011 07:51 PM

I'm about to reach 3 bill, and i have like 5 years under my belt. When i do reach 3 bill and become a veteran. Is there any benefits that come with it?

HammyMcSquirrel 04-19-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3453006)
the point is that no reqs for simile author status has really been solidified. Perhaps it's a good time to make clarifications.

Right, which is what I was getting at when people were saying to ask JX. Since the admins have absolute control over moving users into usergroups, any additional requirements JX sets forth regarding the simfile author title won't mean anything if they aren't made official by the admins, which seems to have been the case.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3453061)
these are the current requirements I think.

We'll need something official instead of something we only can think is the case, so I'll try to message you soon on Skype or something. I messaged two admins about this but I got no response.
Quote:

Originally Posted by midnghtraver (Post 3453112)
I'm about to reach 3 bill, and i have like 5 years under my belt. When i do reach 3 bill and become a veteran. Is there any benefits that come with it?

Veteran forum, custom titles, blue name, view other people's level ranks, view your own and other token level ranks, view your credit transactions, view the top average player list, PM storage capacity increases.

That's off of the top of my head. I could be missing some things.

Edit: Oh yeah, access to the desolate veteran room in prochat! OH MAN

midnghtraver 04-20-2011 05:07 PM

I finally made 3bill.

Requesting vet status!

ACNT MADE IN: 2006
GRAND TOTAL: 3,000,722,825

EDIT: Thanks Devonin!

Sephiroth28 05-1-2011 11:32 AM

Requesting Veteran Status

4.01 Years and over 3 billion points

cry4eternity 05-1-2011 04:20 PM

Requesting simfile author. My file was put into the game about 2 weeks ago :).

three17s 05-3-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel (Post 3431150)
[color=Black]Post here if you are...

-Someone who has had a song and/or simfile put into the game and has not been given the title for it. (Take note, this does not apply if the simfile/song has been accepted but not put in the game yet.)

-----

Here's a list of simfile authors that don't have their title yet. Names of people who have recently made a request to be put in the usergroup (to my knowledge) are in bold.

three17s

It's been ages since I've been around these parts, but I'm planning on getting back into the game/community. Might as well start here. :D