Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   13th Official Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151950)

T-Force 07-28-2020 08:46 PM

Re: 13th Official Tournament

And this is where I drown. It's been fun, and I got farther than I expected to make it so no regrets from me. Good luck D5, and there are a small handful of friends I'll be cheering for.

o7

smartdude1212 07-28-2020 10:35 PM

Wanted to actually take D7 this year (and I'm convinced I could do it...) but bad setups mean I'm out this round. My laptop, not that old, quite often glitches giving a wall of misses, and the keyboard drops inputs pretty regularly (it's what killed me early on last tournament). And my roommate's laptop runs the game fine but his keyboard can't handle quads consistently at all -- nearly any quad I hit looks like a 4321 roll on the receptors which has ruined plenty of scores and given me walls of goods, particularly this round with all the 24ths and that quad-heavy ending. My mechanical keyboard is up at my workplace, but I haven't been there since mid-March orders to work from home (and getting in there now requires submitting a safe work plan: "hi why are you here" "html5 html5 revolution haven't you heard").

I can still get a dumb as hell sightread like this while warming up though:

Whatever, I've got a PIU machine in my garage now so that's my real focus. x)

Good luck D7 freaks, I wish I could've made this harder on you.

danredge 07-28-2020 10:36 PM

Hey Thanks to all my D4 Competitor n_n this is sadly the end for me. I was unable to play during my 5 day trip and didn't manage to grind my place for this round. That Was really fun and i'm finally beginning to be better with roll XD Good Luck to all the D4 in top 16

_Zenith_ 07-28-2020 11:37 PM

Vantablack file of the year 2020

What an amazing song/chart to proceed us into Top 8.

SubaruPoptart 07-29-2020 12:53 AM

I'm too tired to make An Announcement but just know that one is coming for the snake in Cobra Commander.

It also took me writing this out to get the joke of it and it'd better have been intentional ositz

Also I don't intend on playing Vantablack cuz oh goddddddd

the sun fan 07-29-2020 12:55 AM

might actually fucking get vrofl

MixMasterLar 07-29-2020 08:24 AM

Hell yeah man go for it!

-

Also, my fat ghost step hitting fingers wouldn't let me past round 3 lol

GOOD LUCK TO THOSE STILL IN!

Bach96 07-29-2020 10:28 AM

grant you mad lad already with the AAA

benny58624 07-29-2020 10:33 AM

Only 8 people in D4 can get to the next round while 9 people will drown in the pee... This will be difficult, wondering how the cut-off value evolves towards the end of the round :D

themastergrant 07-29-2020 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bach96 (Post 4739039)
grant you mad lad already with the AAA

Aha I tried staying up til midnight to play it, but passed out at 11:30. When I woke up at 4:30 I couldn’t get back to bed without giving it a decent shot, got it down to 2-0-0-0 after an hour and 10 minutes, passed out and decided to finish it off.

I’ve got the AAA’s goin so I thought I should try and keep it up.

CammyGoesRawr 07-29-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4739010)
It also took me writing this out to get the joke of it and it'd better have been intentional ositz

oh you cheeky bishhhhhh ositz

Charmoeleon 07-29-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4739011)

do it

reuben_tate 07-29-2020 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4739011)

I believe in you~

TC_Halogen 07-29-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benny58624 (Post 4739041)
Only 8 people in D4 can get to the next round while 9 people will drown in the pee... This will be difficult, wondering how the cut-off value evolves towards the end of the round :D

8 will drown; one of either mkxc3/kutar007 will be eliminated within 6 hours and 15 minutes as a result of the tiebreaker they're in

FlynnMac 07-29-2020 06:09 PM

Calling it quits here, barely played R5 as well. It's not that I do not want to play, but because of the high frequency part in the song, it literally renders me unable to do shit. I'd play muted but I end up doing worse on mute than normally. It sucks to have to go out this way, but if I have to, I guess I will. At least I win something out of this OT though and that's all I care about at this point. GL to everyone else in D6.

zoogarama 07-29-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlynnMac (Post 4739097)
Calling it quits here, barely played R5 as well. It's not that I do not want to play, but because of the high frequency part in the song, it literally renders me unable to do shit. I'd play muted but I end up doing worse on mute than normally. It sucks to have to go out this way, but if I have to, I guess I will. At least I win something out of this OT though and that's all I care about at this point. GL to everyone else in D6.

This sucks to hear but I totally get where you're coming from. Watching the preview of your divisions song nearly did me in, those notes are nails on a chalkboard.

Sanjixcon 07-29-2020 06:50 PM

I actually find cobra commander soooo much easier then looming shadow.
wish that coulda been the round 4 pick xD

Hakulyte 07-29-2020 09:02 PM

@everyone who gets Top 8 and need to choose between Vertex Beta vrofl and Strangeprogram v0.

I highly suggest you to pick Strangeprogram v0 because Vertex Beta has alternative unlocks and you will get it sooner or later if you play enough.

iironiic 07-29-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlynnMac (Post 4739097)

Fancy a friendly competition? I'm also guaranteed out but I'm going to try to at least score half decent on the file (:

Not going to play it tonight though since I pulled basically an all nighter to finish my final project for my machine learning class... I completed it half an hour ago lmfao

SubaruPoptart 07-29-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4739111)
@everyone who gets Top 8 and need to choose between Vertex Beta vrofl and Strangeprogram v0.

I highly suggest you to pick Strangeprogram v0 because Vertex Beta has alternative unlocks and you will get it sooner or later if you play enough.

tbh I was gonna hit vrofl if I had the ability to so yeah definitely follow this logic. 50bil GT, 1bil in a day, or various other events that'll pop up in the future.