Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151656)

SubaruPoptart 01-21-2020 08:15 PM

Re: TWG 191: Don't Trust Your Mentor - Game Thread

OK new terminology: what's CFD

Shadow_God_10 01-21-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4709405)
actually I think I've got it

it's a common trope in detective fiction, but also a part of guilt and human psychology

It's when the culprit of a crime wants to be continually attuned to the investigative process in order to... not be taken by surprise by certain results. And on top of that, by keeping yourself inserted into the discourse surrounding the crime, you are mitigating your own stress levels, limiting the potential of you making a big blunder down the line when you are called to the stand.

There are actually a number of psychological benefits to this kind of strategy. It's where the adage "the culprit always returns to the scene of the crime" comes from. Imagine if wolf-Shadow was less of a voice so far, and he didn't get attention until the end of the phase. He'd have a very hard time fighting against that accumulated suspicion. When you're active and opening yourself to scrutiny, you're in a state of safely testing the waters, "hiding in plain sight" as to avoid the UtR read, and calming your own guilty conscience.

That's the specific feeling I'm getting, the one I called "excess enthusiasm" and "being a a 12 year-old boy trying to seem mature."

If I'm being quite honest here, Wolf-Shadow would just not do anything. I've been reading your comments and I need to know just how many hundreds of feet of dirt you dug up to get into that tunnel you're in right now. Get out of it and see the light. You're wrong about this entire thing, and should I be lynched tonight you'll be catching a fair bit of flak for tunneling so hard into me.

DBP My gut is screaming that you're pushing on an easy mislynch and I'd be a fool to not call you on it

Duskfall 01-21-2020 08:16 PM

CFD is Chinese fire drill, or last minute panic shift to a new lynch target EOD (or maybe not panicky), but yeah last minute lynch shift

Shadow_God_10 01-21-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4709417)
OK new terminology: what's CFD

Chinese Fire Drill

Duskfall 01-21-2020 08:17 PM

How new is shadow?

DaBackpack 01-21-2020 08:17 PM

Like literally, staying in arms reach is one of the best wolf plays.

Look at the votes now, that is the kind of situation someone with this mindset actively avoids preemptively

Anyway, think about it, I still have 10 more pages or so to go

Duskfall 01-21-2020 08:18 PM

What even are the votes atm

DaBackpack 01-21-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4709418)
If I'm being quite honest here, Wolf-Shadow would just not do anything. I've been reading your comments and I need to know just how many hundreds of feet of dirt you dug up to get into that tunnel you're in right now. Get out of it and see the light. You're wrong about this entire thing, and should I be lynched tonight you'll be catching a fair bit of flak for tunneling so hard into me.

DBP My gut is screaming that you're pushing on an easy mislynch and I'd be a fool to not call you on it

am I a tunneling town or a wolf pushing an easy mislynch? the sentence at the end of the first paragraph feels more like you're threatening a town

inDheart 01-21-2020 08:21 PM

unofficially

Votes from post 1 to post 568
Night in 1:39:24

---

DaBackpack 01-21-2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4709063)
I think it might be time for a DBP

His inactivity is reminding me of his old wolf play and i got the same gut feeling last game with his similar play (and guess what he flipped). It might be a bit early since he hasn't posted anything but i think im comfortable with this vote for now.

Very good post storn.

What did you hope to achieve with this vote? In your brain I'm a wolf when I'm inactive, so were you just gonna ride this vote until EoD if I didn't show up? Were you ever gonna try to push harder with the info you DO have, or were you gonna just rest on your laurels with a "safe" vote until I showed up?

If you sincerely believe in your inactivity vote, why do it well over 12 hours before EoD???

inDheart 01-21-2020 08:25 PM

dbp, i know the trope fairly well but in this environment it feels prone to false positives from just general interest/enthusiasm

i don't think you get many random civilians wandering crime scenes irl out of general interest as well

DaBackpack 01-21-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4709025)
I find it concerning that DBP hasn't posted once yet. He's either MIA or he's waiting to do his usual magic during EOD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4709068)
I legitimately thought this was only me, but I do remember a game where he did the exact same thing and was town. That being said I don't believe this to be an M.O for wolf DBP, but rather NAI.

which of these is how you actually think of me?

DaBackpack 01-21-2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4709069)
The last time Storn was town read he nearly wiped out all of town before slipping up two minutes to EOD. Please keep that in mind as he's very crafty

what does this mean, Shadow-dono?

inDheart 01-21-2020 08:31 PM

i left xel til last when i was making the list for the vote counter so i went to reread him

i have decided he is o k ay

DaBackpack 01-21-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4709123)
storn

i really doubt dbp pressure is going to do anything, as he's aware of his past meta and he's talked about his work schedule kind of making him regress to it, but afaik he can't post from work, so a wagon is not going to summon him

it's still a long day, at the very least

good post by indheart

ShadoWolfe 01-21-2020 08:34 PM

Vote Count (thru #575)

3 — Funnygurl555 — TWGma, Charu, the sun fan
3 — Shadow_God_10 — XelNya, Dusk fall, DaBackpack
2 — DaBackpack — storn42, Shadow_God_10
1 — storn42 — inDheart
1 — TWGma — Funnygurl555
1 — Duskfall — MixMasterLar
2 — Not Voting — mellon_collie, SubaruPoptart

Progression:
(may not always accompany votecount)

the sun fan --- -- -- -> Duskfall
Funnygurl555 - - -- -> TWGma
storn42 - - - - - - -- -> storn42
inDheart -- - - -- -- -> SubaruPoptart
Duskfall -- - - -- -- -> inDheart
————————————————————————
the sun fan --- -- -- -> mellon_collie
TWGma -- - - -- -- -> Funnygurl555
XelNya - - - -- - -- -> TWGma
Shadow_God_10 --> Funnygurl555
inDheart -- - - -- -- -> Charu
XelNya - - - -- - -- -> Shadow_God_10
MixMasterLar-- -- -> DaBackpack
XelNya - - - -- - -- -> Shadow_God_10
Duskfall -- - - -- -- -> MixMasterLar
storn42 - - - - - - -- -> DaBackpack
MixMasterLar-- -- -> unvote
inDheart -- - - -- -- -> storn42
MixMasterLar-- -- -> Duskfall
the sun fan --- -- -- -> Shadow_God_10
Shadow_God_10 --> storn42
Charu --- --- --- -- -> Funnygurl555
————————————————————————
Duskfall -- - - -- -- -> Shadow_God_10
the sun fan --- -- -- -> Funnygurl555
DaBackpack -- - - --> Shadow_God_10
Shadow_God_10 --> DaBackpack

if any votes are incorrect or missing, please reach me on discord to get it corrected ASAP.

Day 1 ends in approximately 85 minutes, at 10:00PM Server Time, Jan 21st.

DaBackpack 01-21-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4709132)
I'm totally thinking DBP will come at the end of EoD though, he usually seems to do, and it's maddening. There's no town/wolf there, he does it as any alignment, it's... uuuuugh.

But it is his right to play at such a state. Just stinks for town because we'll have all these conspiracy theories

For the record I'm legitimately sorry that this is the case, but there's not a whole lot of wiggle-room here

I fucked up yesterday and slept through the entire day (yes, the entire day) and I can't post until I'm home, which is usually 7:30pm weekdays.

I hope someday that the conspiracy theories fade so that town can focus their attention on things they CAN control instead of worrying about people that they can't actually investigate

MixMasterLar 01-21-2020 08:37 PM

DBP looks like he's tunneling Shadow hardcore and I feel there has been more things happening in thread then just Shadow

Like DBP is making such a big push for it but he hasn't even read as far as me and Dusk's interaction.

That's kinda the start of every one seriously playing the game. It makes me think if DBP is town his case is poo poo.

DaBackpack 01-21-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4709139)
This ain't a good plan.

Last time DBP wasn't around then showed up at EOD, he was wolf. I voted for him solely based on this exact behaviour but nobody else voted with me... let's not make that mistake again eh?

If DBP shows up at the last second, that is going to make me want to vote for him a lot

if you're town I hope you remember my recent playstyle, moving forward

mellon_collie 01-21-2020 08:38 PM

backpack

got that gut feeling

hope someone agrees with me this time