Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bugs that don't deserve their own thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=120849)

JohnRedWolf87 03-25-2013 12:39 AM

Re: Bugs that don't deserve their own thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3884823)
Oh is it? Have you actually tried to play it?

It shouldn't work. The appearance of the song in the song list is a glitch. You'll have to ask Velocity why this happens/how to fix it, if possible.

You were right. I tried playing it. It wouldn't load. :P

Findarian 03-25-2013 08:02 PM

I have the fractured sunshine song displayed on my engine (using SA) and whenever I try to load it it won't. All other songs work fine though, and this has been an issue for a few weeks now (still have yet to even play the song)

Any ideas on what I should do to resolve the problem?

psychoangel691 03-25-2013 08:07 PM

You shouldn't have fractured sunshine anyway, it was a top 16 token.

bmah 03-25-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Findarian (Post 3885186)
I have the fractured sunshine song displayed on my engine (using SA) and whenever I try to load it it won't. All other songs work fine though, and this has been an issue for a few weeks now (still have yet to even play the song)

Any ideas on what I should do to resolve the problem?

This is just a bug. For those who don't have certain normal tokens (i.e. not skill tokens), they'll still show up visually in the song list, but remain essentially unplayable. Why this occurs when a normal token is added into the game, I have no clue.

psychoangel691 03-25-2013 08:18 PM

I never had regular tokens show up in the song list before if I didn't have them.

TC_Halogen 03-25-2013 08:20 PM

If you use a newer engine (R^2/R^3), it will tell you what the token is and what the parameter for unlocking it is. If you use an older engine, you shouldn't be able to see the name of the song in the in-game song list/genre song list (etc).

Mourningfall 03-26-2013 05:22 AM

The combo for the "Recently played" on the main page is bugged.
If you see here it's displaying the songs total notes, not my actual combo.

I noticed something was wrong when I saw a newer player get a 1000+ combo on I hate the 80s, yet managed ~200 misses.

Thought this should be brought to someones attention. ^^

Spoiled_Milk 03-26-2013 01:13 PM

Coincidence? I think not! If it's getting to the point to where it's jamming shit up, I think it really needs to be dealt with if at all possible..Maybe it's more complex than I think but it almost seems like an easy fix. Would hate to see the forums die due to people raging because they can't even access them.

DossarLX ODI 03-26-2013 01:41 PM

Going to the forum page user counts, it's been increasing rapidly every day. A couple days ago it was around 110,000 users, now it's basically at 160,000. It's going to keep increasing if it doesn't get resolved.

Spoiled_Milk 03-26-2013 02:22 PM

That would have something to do with the server being busy then, right? I'm not just being paranoid here? Couldn't this result in a hard server crash or at least the part the forums are?

DossarLX ODI 03-26-2013 02:33 PM

There's some weird stuff happening around the site too. Fluvs has over 460,000 profile views for instance, and this guy has over a million.

Of course, I'm not sure how the user count on the forum pages works. On the main page, the user count is normal, usually around 200 or so.

noname219 03-26-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoiled_Milk (Post 3885421)
Coincidence? I think not! If it's getting to the point to where it's jamming shit up, I think it really needs to be dealt with if at all possible..Maybe it's more complex than I think but it almost seems like an easy fix. Would hate to see the forums die due to people raging because they can't even access them.

I got the exact same problem yesterday at around 12AM server time.

(and it's happening right now at the moment as I'm writing this...)

Btw, it happens only on the forum but not on the main site.

arcnmx 03-28-2013 06:08 PM

The delete replay button's prompt (asking you to confirm that you want to delete the replay) doesn't show up if there's an apostrophe in the song title because lolquoteescapefail.

DissonantMuse 04-1-2013 02:49 PM

I know FFR is aware of this problem just want to reiterate because this seems like an unresolved issue. Anyway, I start to get issues with the site loading when the forum pages say there are 100K + "users currently using FFR." Not only do the pages around the site take several minutes to load, I can never get the game to start in the flash player when this happens and if I can get it to work it takes several restarts and several minutes. This only seems to happen when I see the user count at a high number, and I have seen this happen multiple times before.

Also just to establish what the count is at right now:

Velocity 04-1-2013 03:14 PM

FFR is still getting DDoS'ed, not much we can do about load times. The user count on the forum still shows the total page loads caused by the bots, because they keep making sessions which are counted, but the home page shows unique sessions showing the real number of users. The sessions only last 10 minutes, so ffr is getting around 160k page loads every 10 minutes. When normally it's about 5-6k under normal user count.

Spoiled_Milk 04-1-2013 07:15 PM

I'm assuming there's nothing that can be done to keep said bots from gaining access to the site or even just the forums to begin with?

justin_ator 04-1-2013 11:55 PM

I'm going to guess the answer to that question is no, Jeff, without blocking all web traffic from a certain region of the world or something. lmao

Spoiled_Milk 04-2-2013 07:05 AM

Haha yeaa, figured as much. It gets annoying as fuck though, lol. Ah well.

Arkuski 04-2-2013 09:15 AM

I have a hard time loading R^2 and the forums. I haven't tried legacy but I would guess that the same thing happens. I have also tried on several different computers connected to different networks and they are all just as bad :(

rushyrulz 04-2-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoiled_Milk (Post 3885421)

yeah because stopping a DDoS is easy. -.-