Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

Frank Munoz 11-27-2012 09:58 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submissions CLOSED)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma (Post 3809383)
10k creds to whoever guesses the closest to Razor's average score for this batch

Choofers 11-27-2012 10:01 PM

kommisar 11-27-2012 10:02 PM

I've judged 16 batches

expect delays. and really a few days isn't that big of a deal. be thankful it isn't 4-5 months like tass used to do LoL

also we used to have 3 judges doing 120+ simfile batches. We're quite fortunate to have this many people VOLUNTEERING to do this.

ps I sent my notes hours ago

Choofers 11-27-2012 10:20 PM

if I got paid to do this, I'd have my notes in early and they'd be a lot more detailed lol

megamon88 11-27-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3809444)
be thankful it isn't 4-5 months like tass used to do LoL

i remember waiting 2 months for batch notes and my file wasn't even judged lul

MarioNintendo 11-27-2012 10:38 PM

Yo guys,

My goal with my post was not to piss you all off as I apparently did. Indeed, I know nothing of what's going on with your lives right now to ruin your streak of perfectly-on-time-notes. Heck, who am I kidding, I have no idea how it's like to be you guys. I have a regular schedule, I live with a family I love, and I go to school. I don't have a job, no health problems, no addiction and no debts. I pay no rent, have no kid and such. I'm just a princess who doesn't know when to stfu.

I believe there is something wrong when you can review a full batch in less than two days, yet are given a full month to do it and end up late. This is the major thing that grinds my gears. And when I say "wrong", I don't mean "you're doing it wrong Carlos" or Alex or Mike or anyone who wants to put their name there. You guys are pro. Basically, the way I see it, if you have something everyday preventing you from judging from day one to the end of the month, like some dumbass roommate being an asshole to you or your father is sick, or you have school projects or you're trying to quit drugs or something, surely you would be able to PM someone to give the job to someone else. Logic, right? Idk who would start judging a batch when he clearly knows he can't. That's just dumb. I hope you have the decency to agree with that.

On the other hand, if you have something coming up at last minute which prevents you from judging, that sucks: it could be a flood or it could be the death of your pet or anything (I don't know since I never stepped outside the castle gates). But that also means you waited until the last second if that affects you for judging the batch. Why not take the two days it takes you right now at the beginning of the month instead? What was preventing you from doing your job? And again, why not let the team know about it?

And if somehow your situation doesn't apply to that, well shit, you're one out of luck individual since your life must absolutely be hard to go through. I think you'd have to have bad surprises everyday with the naive hope of still judging on time... Because let's face it: if you begin judging when batch opens, you won't be late, and if you can't take the two necessary days to do that, you shouldn't be judging in the first place for that particular batch.

Tl;dr mario knows nothing about other users' lives but thinks he does

kommisar 11-27-2012 10:55 PM

being late just gives you a bad rep with the other judges/members. As long as you know what you're doing it's a great amount of help.

if it were that big of an issue people would be getting thrown off the judging team for being late and such. but again I stress, a few days isn't the end of the world : x

I was late 2 days and aside from work and being hospitalized, I had all kinds of time. So I just procrastinated :3

Wayward Vagabond 11-27-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3809459)
Yo guys,

My goal with my post was not to piss you all off as I apparently did. Indeed, I know nothing of what's going on with your lives right now to ruin your streak of perfectly-on-time-notes. Heck, who am I kidding, I have no idea how it's like to be you guys. I have a regular schedule, I live with a family I love, and I go to school. I don't have a job, no health problems, no addiction and no debts. I pay no rent, have no kid and such. I'm just a princess who doesn't know when to stfu.

I believe there is something wrong when you can review a full batch in less than two days, yet are given a full month to do it and end up late. This is the major thing that grinds my gears. And when I say "wrong", I don't mean "you're doing it wrong Carlos" or Alex or Mike or anyone who wants to put their name there. You guys are pro. Basically, the way I see it, if you have something everyday preventing you from judging from day one to the end of the month, like some dumbass roommate being an asshole to you or your father is sick, or you have school projects or you're trying to quit drugs or something, surely you would be able to PM someone to give the job to someone else. Logic, right? Idk who would start judging a batch when he clearly knows he can't. That's just dumb. I hope you have the decency to agree with that.

On the other hand, if you have something coming up at last minute which prevents you from judging, that sucks: it could be a flood or it could be the death of your pet or anything (I don't know since I never stepped outside the castle gates). But that also means you waited until the last second if that affects you for judging the batch. Why not take the two days it takes you right now at the beginning of the month instead? What was preventing you from doing your job? And again, why not let the team know about it?

And if somehow your situation doesn't apply to that, well shit, you're one out of luck individual since your life must absolutely be hard to go through. I think you'd have to have bad surprises everyday with the naive hope of still judging on time... Because let's face it: if you begin judging when batch opens, you won't be late, and if you can't take the two necessary days to do that, you shouldn't be judging in the first place for that particular batch.

Tl;dr mario knows nothing about other users' lives but thinks he does

i dont consider any of the backup judges that i remember to be good enough to actually take on judging any batch. i would rather turn in notes late than have someone cover me that hardly knows what theyre doing just to have notes in on time.

MarioNintendo 11-27-2012 11:10 PM

Well Kommi, let's suppose everyone kinda had the same situation as you. Why not make the judgement period smaller? I get the fact we're all volunteers and do this to help, and I know it's fair to wait a few more days, that it's not that big of a deal for the amount of job that gets done. It also perplexes that people either don't act responsibly by taking the task of judging a batch when they know they can't do in on time no matter what or either wait until the end of the time they have to realize they waited too much and ended up short. For this last type of people, if the judgement process lasted a week, surely they'd be late, but I don't think the quality of the notes would be worse and we'd have the finished "product" by now.

I'm not mad at anyone here, simply looking for ways that we could respect our engagements.

(@ carlos:

Sure that's a valid point, I admit i took for granted that backup judges did the job as good as regular judges. Otherwise why have backup that sucks... lol)

Wayward Vagabond 11-27-2012 11:18 PM

second string players arent as good as first string players thats why they are second string

Razor 11-27-2012 11:24 PM

In the 4 batches I've judged, it's my first time being late. Also, I'm sorry that I took nearly a week off to go visit my family on a holiday that so happened to be a day before the judgment deadline, which left me stuck with unfinished notes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3809296)
you're the one who mentions that this batch will be a trainwreck without judges and end up being that late yourself...

and lol, yeah I sure did and guess what......... 4 of us are nearly 96 hours late, so I don't see why you're particularly jumping on my ass.

Pseudo Enigma 11-27-2012 11:26 PM

um I'm just going to put this out here..

why do we have to care so much if it's on time? I understand there's a level of professionalism you guys have to uphold, but I don't see a problem as long as they get it done within the week of the deadline.

just my unwanted opinion is all, lol

Xx{Midnight}xX 11-27-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 3809472)
i dont consider any of the backup judges that i remember to be good enough to actually take on judging any batch. i would rather turn in notes late than have someone cover me that hardly knows what theyre doing just to have notes in on time.

And this is why despite my personal annoyance at them being late I just keep quiet. Judges are awesome (the good ones) when they do the best notes they can even if they're a week late

Wayward Vagabond 11-27-2012 11:46 PM

6 more files left. off to work i'll finish tomorrow after work :dwi:

Patashu 11-28-2012 02:08 AM

maybe I should judge again HMM

Razor 11-28-2012 02:43 AM

annnnnnnnnd finished and sent.

avg rating: 6.95

Pseudo Enigma 11-28-2012 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Munoz (Post 3809441)

u win congorats

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3809443)

k

i love you 11-28-2012 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patashu (Post 3809527)

likewise

kommisar 11-28-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

As much of an ass as this makes me, I completely agree.

psychoangel691 11-28-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patashu (Post 3809527)

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3809540)
likewise

Please do.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3809562)
As much of an ass as this makes me, I completely agree.

I wasn't going to say anything on this but the fact is it isn't either of your decisions to make. JX and bmah brought the judges on that they thought could do the job and that's their decision to make. They're the game managers, not either of you, not me, not anyone else. If you feel like people can't do it then suggest they be taken off the team. Otherwise, if you can't be on time the point is to pass it on to the backups, that's why they're there. Plus none the less here we go with the I'm so much better and experienced than everyone junk rather than giving other people the opportunity to learn and grow so they can get just as good at it. FFR isn't what it once was anymore, stop trying to make it out like the judges group needs to be some leet group or something.