Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ingame Song Information (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=34509)

ledwix 02-19-2007 01:08 AM

Re: R1 - Actual Song Difficulties V2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug31 (Post 1211098)
Also, are you really the age it says you are?

how about you doug? are you the age it says you are? XD

anyways, i would have to say that the triplets/24ths if you will in HotN make it at least very difficult. and there are tempo changes where you still have to do the 16ths and then 24ths. its a really hard AAA.

Dronak 02-19-2007 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot (Post 1208294)
and passing is NOT part of the discussion for difficulty. ever. no song is difficult to pass on FFR due to its nature. discussion of difficulty is always about FCing and PAing.

Well, as vengefullangel noted already, the initial post does say, "This list is based on the difficulty for passing (without mashing), full combo, good pefect attack." This indicates that passing is a factor in the difficulty rating, as long as you're not mashing to pass the song. If that's not really true, perhaps the initial post should be edited to remove this part or clarify it further. Or maybe a reordering of the points would help, to put the most important factors first in the list.

I do understand your point though. I've passed some really hard songs by mashing the heck out of them, and I'd hardly consider those worth very much. Switchback is slow with easy rhythms, and I dare say that no one should have to mash it, so to some extent I think vengefullangel is OK to talk about passing that particular song. But in general, I think you're right -- PC, FC, and PA, are much more important factors than simply reaching the end of the song.

FWIW, I think 13-14 for Switchback is OK with me. That's an area where I have mostly SDGs with 1 BF and 1 PC for best scores. At 15, I only have SDG bests. I have BFed Dr. Willy Theme v2 at 18 and Snowflakes at 20, but only 1 SDG in the 2 category at 19, but those seem to be unique, fortunate plays -- I can't remember repeating them. So from what I can do, Switchback seems to fit better in the high 1.5s than the low 2s, and maybe not at 15 (the highest in 1.5).

jimerax 02-19-2007 10:52 AM

Ingame rating of Switchback was already changed to 3.

Added new songs and character's face thing.

Doug31 02-19-2007 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dronak (Post 1213925)
Well, as vengefullangel noted already, the initial post does say, "This list is based on the difficulty for passing (without mashing), full combo, good pefect attack...

Not only that, but also, in Chardish's quote, it says that the Master songs are hard to clear, so noobs will mash and pass songs like fotbb, hellbeat, and silence, and conclude that they shouldn't be in master. Right now, I don't consider any songs to have a hard enough pass difficulty for it to be any significant factor in what difficulty rating they get.

Shashakiro 02-20-2007 11:07 AM

just thought it over, min goods on Chrono for AAA is 9...you can't get both a perf and 314 combo from that one part.

jimerax 02-21-2007 05:41 AM

True, you have to hit the arrows after the first glitched arrow earlier before the Miss-judgement of the glitched arrow to get 314 (or 313, maybe).

Shashakiro 02-21-2007 10:10 AM

Hmm, I'm not sure, actually...if it's a 3-frame jack, min goods is 9, if it's a 4-framer, it's still 8.

Someone check? It's the jack caused by the roll with the two glitched arrows that first breaks your combo near the end.

igotrhythm 02-21-2007 02:20 PM

What song was Tass talking about when he said he needed input from less skilled players? I'd be happy to help you guys investigate this.

Shashakiro 02-21-2007 02:37 PM

Switchback.

I personally think 1.5 is definitely right for it.

hi19hi19 02-21-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug31 (Post 1214208)
Not only that, but also, in Chardish's quote, it says that the Master songs are hard to clear, so noobs will mash and pass songs like fotbb, hellbeat, and silence, and conclude that they shouldn't be in master. Right now, I don't consider any songs to have a hard enough pass difficulty for it to be any significant factor in what difficulty rating they get.

I could mash and pass FOTBB on my second day of playing FFR.
It took only less than week to be able to pass Revo.

Passing is NOT hard.

DarkManticoreX2 02-23-2007 09:40 AM

Anyone Got time for an updated # of AAA's list? IMO it should be a seperate thread, but I guess this works too.

Shashakiro 02-23-2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 1237484)
Anyone Got time for an updated # of AAA's list? IMO it should be a seperate thread, but I guess this works too.

workin on it =)

mine will be in order by # of AAA's, and have exact values for everything, even if it's over 100.

Shashakiro 02-24-2007 02:46 PM

See You Dance should definitely be a 2.5, after playing it again.

Compare it to Secret Zombie Room, for example...it's cleraly much harder, what with the little 16th bursts and jumpy 8ths and stuff.

jimerax 02-25-2007 10:44 AM

{Satori} - mid-4
ESC - low-4.5
Video of A - high-4.5

Yea, 16ths + jump parts on SYD are hard, compared to other high2- low2.5 songs.
Not pretty sure those make the whole song harder than the song with faster 8th streams, need comments.

Tasselfoot 02-25-2007 11:14 AM

agree with the 3 songs... mid 4, low 4.5, high 4.5.

GamerShadow 02-25-2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashakiro (Post 1226225)
Hmm, I'm not sure, actually...if it's a 3-frame jack, min goods is 9, if it's a 4-framer, it's still 8.

Someone check? It's the jack caused by the roll with the two glitched arrows that first breaks your combo near the end.

Edit: I interpreted your post wrong. Checking now...

Edit 2: They seemed like 3-frame to me, does anybody have a SS of a 3 frame jack?

Morehead_Kid 03-4-2007 01:35 AM

ive got a question...i can COMPLETE most very challenging songs, but rose destroys me in the first 45 seconds...why is it vc and not master only?

Tasselfoot 03-4-2007 06:22 AM

because it doesn't meet the reqs of FMO? it really isn't even close to FMO. it's just 8th jumps and 180bpm stream.

the songs that are FMO are 180bpm jumpstream, 200bpm stream, 192bpm jumpbursts, 200bpm jacky 8th jumps, etc etc...

falcondude 03-4-2007 07:20 AM

Why is Destiny in Dance 2? Most of it is easy, especially compared to the other songs on page 1 of Dance 2. IMO Moonbeam is harder than Destiny.

GamerShadow 03-4-2007 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcondude (Post 1291325)
Why is Destiny in Dance 2? Most of it is easy, especially compared to the other songs on page 1 of Dance 2. IMO Moonbeam is harder than Destiny.

Destiny has a higher BPM, making it harder than Moonbeam.

Also, Moonbeam has some of the most predictable stream patterns in the game, IMO.