Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

who_cares973 02-5-2011 09:41 AM

Re: FFR Suggestions

im not AAAing songs automatically. probably the biggest bug

Ninty64 02-5-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravity Kitten (Post 3411982)
Velocity's engine still has alot of bugs that need to be fixed before it takes place of the original R1 engine. But I'm almost sure they'd keep R1 for the people who prefer it.

Lol what? Velocity's engine has more bugs than the R1 engine? Since when?

foxfire667 02-5-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3411994)
96th notes should be black and 192nd should stay white

Black arrows on an engine that uses a black background, that would suck for visibility. That is unless you meant something more along the lines of grey than actual black...

justin_ator 02-5-2011 11:53 AM

Nothing against Velocity's engine at all but I hope R1 stays intact as well. It would be a shame to lose what has been the face of this site for so long. It'd be like removing Synth songs.

Velocity 02-5-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3412044)
Nothing against Velocity's engine at all but I hope R1 stays intact as well. It would be a shame to lose what has been the face of this site for so long. It'd be like removing Synth songs.

It's not going away any time soon.

Plan_Bsk81127 02-5-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3412044)

Even though it isnt going away it cant stay there forever, you have to move on eventually. If we were to just not move forward in improving the engine, we might as well go back to the very first FFR engine as well as bring back av misses. :P

Velocity 02-5-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3412060)
Even though it isnt going away it cant stay there forever, you have to move on eventually. If we were to just not move forward in improving the engine, we might as well go back to the very first FFR engine as well as bring back av misses. :P

That's easier then it sounds.

justin_ator 02-5-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3412060)

Yeah but to some of us Velocity's engine as a whole is not really an 'improvement.' The features in and of themselves are, but I'm not really a fan of the engine honestly. That's not why I don't play it, but it is also the truth. I don't play it because it lags for me more than the normal engine. Even if it didn't though, I would probably still prefer the old engine. The new features would be great but the engine doesn't have to undergo major overhauls on what it looks like.

Zageron 02-5-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3412070)
Yeah but to some of us Velocity's engine as a whole is not really an 'improvement.' The features in and of themselves are, but I'm not really a fan of the engine honestly. That's not why I don't play it, but it is also the truth. I don't play it because it lags for me more than the normal engine. Even if it didn't though, I would probably still prefer the old engine. The new features would be great but the engine doesn't have to undergo major overhauls on what it looks like.

Have you played it in the last few weeks? He improved a lot of different 'things' that removed the lag almost entirely for me. (Which made the game unplayable.)

TC_Halogen 02-5-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 3412033)
Black arrows on an engine that uses a black background, that would suck for visibility. That is unless you meant something more along the lines of grey than actual black...

eh, just use brown, it's not a color yet :p

justin_ator 02-5-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 3412127)
Have you played it in the last few weeks? He improved a lot of different 'things' that removed the lag almost entirely for me. (Which made the game unplayable.)

I did try it about a week ago. Still isn't helping me. Is there a link to a normal size standalone of his engine? Or is it just the link that takes you to the engine?

Plan_Bsk81127 02-5-2011 02:55 PM

What exactly do you mean by normal size? You mean his engine in the size of the normal FFR engine? If so theres no such thing, his engine is just wider. I would think his engine would be better to play on being wider giving the reading a bit more space.

justin_ator 02-5-2011 02:56 PM

No, I'm speaking in reference to the ffr.wide swf or whatever. That's the only standalone I have of his engine. Too big for me hahah.

foxfire667 02-5-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3412168)
eh, just use brown, it's not a color yet :p

I suppose, but brown looks a little similar to the red / orange in terms of the arrows that are already in place. I went with grey more so because the 192nd notes in FFR are white, and grey is probably the most different new color we could have without it interfering with visibility.

Either way though it's still a new color in game, which would be pretty cool!

rushyrulz 02-5-2011 04:16 PM

Dark green!

Zageron 02-5-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3412179)
No, I'm speaking in reference to the ffr.wide swf or whatever. That's the only standalone I have of his engine. Too big for me hahah.

I don't understand. If you use the Flash9 Stand Alone player you can resize it to whatever you want...

Velocity 02-8-2011 03:14 PM

ce1545 02-8-2011 03:22 PM

Awesome favorites genre. But it doesn't look like it sorts the songs you favorite by difficulty. Is there anyway you can do that?

Plan_Bsk81127 02-8-2011 03:24 PM

Have to be picky dont ya. >.<

Nice job on favorites genre

ce1545 02-8-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3413881)
Have to be picky dont ya. >.<

I'm just saying it would be nice not necessary lol.