Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ingame Song Information (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=34509)

hi19hi19 01-22-2007 08:13 AM

Re: R1 - Actual Song Difficulties V2

If I have one gripe with this list, it's that I think TGWP4 should be around Tribal and Evil Apporaches in difficulty. I never understood why people think it is that easy; it took me tons more tries to FC than Evil Approches, and it's harder to PA too.

FRANKKK 01-22-2007 09:16 AM

i used to play index and i still think cia rave is way harder
i play spread now so its still the same

Vishnal 01-22-2007 09:48 AM

CIA isn't really that hard. You don't have jacks, and it's really just a big, long stream of 16th steps with a break of some 8th jumpstream in the middle. At most it's Very Difficult, IMO.

Delirium is a little harder, though, because the BG screws with your mind a little. It also has some 16th jumpstream, quirky jumps, and some 8th jumpwhoring. It deserves to be a high Challenging.

TGWP4 is harder, since you have some sub-16th stream, major 8th jumpwhoring, and it also kinda lulls you in with a simpler beginning. It deserves a Very Challenging rating, at least.

Chrono Trigger: it's really a Very Difficult at most. It's not hard to pass, and it's short. You know you're guaranteed at least 8 misses, so you can relax a little. Also, the jacks aren't too grinding to hit.

Secret Zombie Room is Easy at best. Those 8ths are cake to FC, and I believe around 500+ players have it AAA'd.

Kick It is Tricky, at most, though. None of the 16ths really throw you off too much, and the 8th stream is pretty easy, too.

Tetris Remix should just be Difficult. The jumpstream is predictable and easy. The 16ths are fairly easy, as well.

Revolutionary Etude has the right rating. That can't possibly be AAA'd, though; what's wrong with you??? JK...

Also, do you really think Crowdpleaser is FC'able? Or Grand Gallop? Or OMW?

Coat Czech is Very Difficult; it's not too hard to get the jacks, since they're kind of, in essence, 8th-12th notes through the BPM. Also, it's not too chaotic, since the sub-16ths are predictable: nearly always in staircases. None of the jumps are too hard either...

And that's my review: feel free to give feedback.

jimerax 01-22-2007 04:59 PM

TGWP4: Mainly 170BPM 8th long jumps and 200+ BPM 16ths bursts, by far the easiest TGWP to PA though.
I'm thinking of raising it a bit, 64-65.

CIA: Currently it's a milestone of the easiest Challenging.

Secret Zombie Room: Also, easiest Standard.

Delirium: It's not far more difficult than CIA, at most 2-3.

Chrono Trigger: Double jacks are hard to combo, and it's insanely hard to PA, definitely not 4.

Tetris Remix: It's faster than you think.

Coat Czech: Jumps at beginning are somewhat hard. Mainly the difficulty to PA 64ths.

Kick It: Maybe the hardest tricky, or easiest difficult.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vishnal (Post 1113700)
Also, do you really think Crowdpleaser is FC'able? Or Grand Gallop? Or OMW?

Yes. Crowd FC is insanely hard though.

Shashakiro 01-22-2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vishnal (Post 1113700)
stuff

You didn't compare the songs with anything. All difficulties are relative. You just said "song x is not that hard" or "this pattern in song y is easy" but you didn't actually compare any of the songs you mentioned with any of the other songs.

I think Silence is hilariously easy to FC, but not relative to the 5's, so I still call it a 5.5.

hi19hi19 01-22-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 1114603)
TGWP4: Mainly 170BPM 8th long jumps and 200+ BPM 16ths bursts, by far the easiest TGWP to PA though.
I'm thinking of raising it a bit, 64-65.

Yes.

moches 01-22-2007 06:29 PM

TGWP4: Pretty easy. Raise it to a 66?

CIA: I've been playing FFR for 2 years and I STILL can't fc this! Definitely not a 4. At least 4.5. Yeah, it's the easiest Challenging.

Secret Zombie Room: See above except it's AAA, not FC and it's not a 2, it's 2.5.

Delirium: No way. CIA is faster than Delirium by a decent amount, so this should be only a tad harder. Because I can't fc this either, this is harder than CIA only by a small amount.

Chrono Trigger: .....................

Tetris Remix: When you think it's easy and you start relaxing, the 16ths will pull a switch on ya.

Coat Czech: 64ths? Not the easiest thing in the world.

Kick It: Yeah, it's easy to combo trills, but definitely not as hard as Horizon or the other Trickys hanging around here. This is the easiest difficult.

Get Ready 2 Rokk: 16ths at 95 bpm are same as 8ths at 190 bpm, so shouldn't this be a 3? The jacks aren't too hard either.

dore 01-22-2007 06:30 PM

Tetris also gets extra points for retardedness.

Myattboy 01-24-2007 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staroceanfreakx (Post 497771)
Move CIA from expert to advanced.

Cia Isn't an advanced song!

Vishnal 01-24-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashakiro (Post 1114779)
You didn't compare the songs with anything. All difficulties are relative. You just said "song x is not that hard" or "this pattern in song y is easy" but you didn't actually compare any of the songs you mentioned with any of the other songs.

I think Silence is hilariously easy to FC, but not relative to the 5's, so I still call it a 5.5.

Okay, comparisons:

Looking at CIA Rave, it's friggin' cake compared to: Torinouta, Carol Megamix, Classical Insanity...

Tetris: Much easier than Firestorm or Maple Leaf Rag...

SZR: Much simpler than Fett's Vette, Boss Machine...

Shashakiro 01-24-2007 10:46 AM

rofl. in all those examples except MLR, the song is already rated lower than all the ones you mention...and MLR is definitely easier than tetris IMO

Find a song it's rated HIGHER than that it's harder than, and give reasons.

Shashakiro 01-27-2007 07:19 PM

Uh yeah I just played Coactive again, definitely a low 4...harder than RiP at the very least, definitely harder than any 3.5.

jimerax 01-27-2007 07:28 PM

Yea, it's 4.

I think it's right under MLR, beginning is even harder though.

Erik542 01-28-2007 12:38 PM

Contra-distinction is sitting a 6 and Horizon is at a 5. Horizon is faster, a more constant rhythme, and has triplets. Contra should at least be lowered to a 5.

Tasselfoot 01-28-2007 01:27 PM

contra is difficult because it is offsync. also the background makes it VERY difficult to see the arrows properly. not to mention the slow trills combined with the offsync is quite difficult.

hence why it is a 3, vs horizon... which is much more straight forward, on sync, etc etc... is a 2.5

jimerax 01-28-2007 01:42 PM

I think both are already rated as Tricky(3/6), and they are in the right place.

moches 01-28-2007 11:44 PM

Standard- 29 (S) Burnout (450 Notes / BPM 150)

Tricky- 37 (M) Horizon (573 Notes / BPM 146)

Why is Burnout easier than Horizon? Sure, Burnout has much less notes than Horizon, but it's still not fair. Burnout's short streams in the middle make it harder to clear than Horizon because I have a friend who started FFR and he still can't clear Burnout. However, he cleared Horizon on the first time with a whopping 120 combo.

I suggest Burnout be put at around 36 or 37 and Horizon demoted to a 30.

Rebirth0 01-29-2007 12:57 AM

I'd say Z is a 4.5. Maybe in between Carol Megamix and Famouz.

jimerax 01-29-2007 06:39 AM

Z is 4.5 and somewhere between 62-64, it's ok.
and moved up TGWP 3 and 4.

horizon is definitely harder than burnout IMO.
16ths in horizon are faster than 12ths on burnout, and those 12ths are the only difficult place on Burnout.

Xception704 01-30-2007 09:13 PM

Dang ... I can't read doubles 100% accurately for too long, so TGWP 4 is the hardest one of the five for me. The other four I can get a pretty high ranking ... but I'm stuck in around the 500's on 4. >.<