Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Songs of the Week (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Official Tournament Round 1 Songs (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151154)

kjwkjw 08-10-2019 02:02 AM

Re: Official Tournament Round 1 Songs

Thought Ambient Ooparts was a great song and great chart from the preview. Actually playing it did not disappoint, either.

hi19hi19 08-10-2019 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquellex (Post 4692048)
I'm terrified yet very excited about the possibly of seeing my music as D8 files if Alice makes it :mrgreen:

I wish I could step your music better because I love the songs, but for some reason it just never seems to jive with my stepping style.

Maybe I'll go give your songs another shot this weekend haha

Matthia 08-10-2019 02:10 AM

I gotta say fantastic job for Super Soaker, love that file and chart <3

Violent Arcade also sick but with lots of heckers in there, 104-105 difficulty is going to be my guess

psychoangel691 08-10-2019 02:17 AM

I'm really happy to see all the positivity here <3

Aquellex 08-10-2019 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4692050)
I wish I could step your music better because I love the songs, but for some reason it just never seems to jive with my stepping style.

Maybe I'll go give your songs another shot this weekend haha

I'll send you a newer version of Candy Explosion :D

blanky 08-10-2019 02:26 AM

FFR's SS is only different in that some of the holds are converted to 8-note bursts. Didn't notice that before. Good as usual.

Bang is like Retro City (D5's opener in the 8th official) but if it were D4's. Great hype song and file to start the tourney.

Violent Arcade is too hard you put jacks in there you evil shit :P

Ambient is fun. 24th burst after 2323 trill is hard wtf are people on saying it's easy. Interestingly enough everything else isn't too bad. Not even the slowdown rolls.

Antori 08-10-2019 03:39 AM

violent arcade and the hop are my favorites for round 1

carnation and ambient ooparts are cute too

SC_coolguy44 08-10-2019 10:36 AM

Here is what I think of each file:

Misbehave (In This Cave): It's a solid start file for the D1 players. It's also a pretty fun chart for an easy file. Good job, Devonin! :)

The Hop: Another pretty solid chart. Hopefully D2 sees a lot more of the solid charts throughout the tournament.

Machines: I like that there's parts that can trip some players up. It'll keep the D3 players on their toes for sure!

Bang: At first, this file wasn't really my cup of tea, but, it then kind of grew on me. I'll definitely have a hard time trying to rack up the best score I can with the tricky jack and burst patterns being there.

carnation: This chart is amazing! Probably one of my favourites of this round! It just feels like it flows really nicely.

Ambient Ooparts: Wow, this chart is absolutely brutal, but in a good way! I love how the dense parts really test stamina.

Super Soaker: Yet another intense chart.

Violent Arcade: If this is D8 round 1, I wonder what the rest of the tournament is going to look like for D8.

juckter1 08-10-2019 11:38 AM

I really like all the files I'm good enough at this game to understand :P

Great stuff!

MarcusHawkins 08-10-2019 12:52 PM

Man, all of the files are great so far!
I'm stoked to see what's next for Round 2!

rushyrulz 08-10-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4692052)

can't complain about a solid round 1

Herogashix 08-10-2019 01:08 PM

i have super complaints about the charts but the song choices are the greatest ever

MarcusHawkins 08-10-2019 01:14 PM

Elekton 08-10-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herogashix (Post 4692120)
i have super complaints about the charts

my discord is in my profile so youre free to shout at me

One Winged Angel 08-10-2019 03:00 PM

Still confused about D8's structure and would appreciate clarification. When I heard first three rounds were cumulative I assumed those scores would be summed and eliminations would start end of round 3 based on lowest total sums. But after seeing eliminations don't begin until round 4 on the dashboard, does cumulative in this instance just mean no elimination for the first three rounds and performance on round 4 alone determines the first players out?

Elekton 08-10-2019 03:02 PM

nah d8 has 11 players set for round 4 so im going to imagine it means bottom 3 totals are dropped on round 3

One Winged Angel 08-10-2019 03:03 PM

That number is for how many players will remain after the round ends, not going into it

Hence my confusion

psychoangel691 08-10-2019 03:20 PM

We probably have the dash off, we were in crunch time last night so I'll have to look at it. Basically it's first 3 rounds cumulative are essentially the "qualifier" lowest 3 from that will be dropped going into round 4.

psychoangel691 08-10-2019 03:45 PM

Yeah so it was basically a brain derp of putting in how many people should be in that round. We kinda of have to manually do it anyway since we have the cumulative thing going on

XelNya 08-10-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4692052)

yeah sorry time for me to check in

let me just crack the good old every thing sucks document up, see what we can add to it

Oh. A shame, only one file'd get added there if it actually existed. Most the files are neat and well made, and have strong song choices.