Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Gamewhore Competition (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=127192)

justin_ator 11-5-2012 08:23 PM

Re: Gamewhore Competition

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3798348)
Actually, I am pretty sure this was only one of the gamewhore competitions, and the rest were daily stats related. It was a fun one though.

I guess I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was at least two.. I participated in one and got my butt kicked because I had to quit out part way through the day to do things, and then the next one I got DQ'd for having a friend AAA things on the account with me.

ryuyasha 11-5-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3798321)
It's noted on the FPP that VROFL will be disabled for the day.

It should be disabled for the day only for people who are participating, IMO.

Not that most people will miss it for just a day, and not that I have it... But just saying I think it would be better if there was an easy way to do that instead.

Also, I would love to participate, but considering I only play FFR at the campus library (no internet at home) and the campus library is only open for 8 hours on Saturday that would put me at a significant disadvantage. So I will pass. But I might check up on scores and cheer people on.

foxfire667 11-5-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryuyasha (Post 3798374)
It should be disabled for the day only for people who are participating, IMO.

Well don't forget, no one needs to even really post that they are participating. It's really just whoever gets the top three scores that day, and anyone could decide to participate at any time without warning.

Flat out disabling vROFL would make the most sense because of this.

SK8R43 11-5-2012 10:07 PM

Well i think i might join. I know what to play to have the most affect but its gonna be a really painful day if i try because i have played that song for 8 hours straight before and that was not fun at all. Most likely will play for all of the 24 hours. I def could use the boost on my Grand Total. Is it possible to NOT get vROFL from the 1bil though? Because if i do end up getting 1bil+ i dont want it lol
I want to obtain it from the 50bil requirement ^_^

igotrhythm 11-5-2012 10:36 PM

There was an avrank GWC once where everyone made a new account with GWC in front of their regular account name, and they were all blacklisted at the conclusion of the day. All the others have been straight GTS. (I could be wrong, but I don't feel like plunging through 5 years of front page posts to verify it either way. I was never good at research.)

Hell, the first GWC in the Tasselfoot era was where the idea of 1bil get for vROFL originated; as Izzy and Tera can attest, this was back when the highest public nps song was FotBB.

DN_Catastrophic 11-5-2012 10:43 PM

So this is a gamewhore competition yet if someone wants to get rank 1 on that list they'd have to play vROFL. Doesn't really make sense and it kind of contradicts the entire idea of a gamewhore competition. vROFL is the only reason why he was able to reach 1.5 billion. Maybe whoever plays vROFL to gain points to get rank 1 on that list can't win any prize, or if they actually surpass 1.5 billion they can maybe get 1 token? Like unlock the song to only those players willing to achieve that goal.

Just my 2centssss

Lambdadelta 11-5-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DN_Catastrophic (Post 3798449)
So this is a gamewhore competition yet if someone wants to get rank 1 on that list they'd have to play vROFL. Doesn't really make sense and it kind of contradicts the entire idea of a gamewhore competition. vROFL is the only reason why he was able to reach 1.5 billion. Maybe whoever plays vROFL to gain points to get rank 1 on that list can't win any prize, or if they actually surpass 1.5 billion they can maybe get 1 token? Like unlock the song to only those players willing to achieve that goal.

Just my 2centssss

Excuse me sir, But I believe you didn't do your math correctly.

vROFL isn't the only song you can achieve this on.

VS boss battle for example

--------------------
VS Boss Battle - at least 25 goods

Considering a run of 25 goods or less will give you around a total of 1,400,000 points per run...

19 hours of cumulative whoring (1,140 minutes / 68,400 seconds), will give you ~1,651,034,482 or at least 1,650,000 points.

18 hours of cumulative whoring (1,080 minutes / 64,800 seconds), will give you ~1,564,137,931 or at least 1,550,000 points.

----------
VS Boss Battle - Mashed

Considering a mashed run (could be about 370-400 boos) of VS Boss Battle will give you 1,250,000 points per run...

18 hours of cumulative mashed whoring (1,080 minutes / 64,800 seconds), will give you ~1,418,103,448 or at least 1,400,000,000 points.

----------

24 hours = 1,440 minutes = 86,400 seconds

If you mashed run VS Boss Battle (370-400 boos) for 24 cumulative hours... you would accumulate about 1,862,068,965, or at least 1,850,000,000 points.

1,408,950 = AAA

If you AAA'd VS Boss Battle for 24 cumulative hours... you would achieve 2,098,849,655 points.
----------

FFR Pro 21 11-5-2012 10:49 PM

Well, I do plan to be doing this Gamewhore Competition, assuming that college doesn't get too much in the way. Thank goodness it's on a weekend day. :)

psychoangel691 11-5-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DN_Catastrophic (Post 3798449)

Just my 2centssss

You're competing against other people not the scoreboard. The scoreboard you can go for any day if you really wanted to.

DN_Catastrophic 11-5-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3798461)
You're competing against other people not the scoreboard. The scoreboard you can go for any day if you really wanted to.

I was just thinking about the previous gamewhore events. Plus, it seems like an official day that gives more motivation for people to actually go through with this all day event! That's fair though.. wasn't trying to give you a hard time, just thought I'd say my thoughts.

qqwref 11-5-2012 11:14 PM

Yeah, you don't have to beat the 1.5 billion mark, just the next best person that day.

EHHS is another song you can get 1.5 billion on. There are actually a whole bunch, although VS Boss Battle may be one of the easiest.

blindreper1179 11-5-2012 11:15 PM

I suck, and got 500k in 11 hours( a lot of stops. Almost couldn't do it) on Vs. boss battle. A million is far, but obtainable. As for coming in first/second, good luck with that.

psychoangel691 11-5-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DN_Catastrophic (Post 3798465)
I was just thinking about the previous gamewhore events. Plus, it seems like an official day that gives more motivation for people to actually go through with this all day event! That's fair though.. wasn't trying to give you a hard time, just thought I'd say my thoughts.

The problem with the competition when competing against other people is that it's an unfair advantage. Not everyone has it and not everyone has a keyboard that can quad hold. We're just trying to make the competition as fair as possible. I do understand where you're coming from though.

popsicle_3000 11-6-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3798341)
I'll sign up for this, but I'll have to see how things work out -- I'm glad it's not happening this week.

If I do this I'm definitely not using any energy drinks.

oooo, i'll be interested how you do if you do the whole 24hrs. see how many VS AAAs you can pump out in a day XD

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoPrivacy (Post 3798350)
Okay sign me up, gonna smash that shit.

watch your hands tho!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3798475)
The problem with the competition when competing against other people is that it's an unfair advantage. Not everyone has it and not everyone has a keyboard that can quad hold. We're just trying to make the competition as fair as possible. I do understand where you're coming from though.

quad holding for GTS has essentially been deemed cheating i believe, back w/ that whole whimper wall situation. wasn't the only thing about that, but still

qqwref 11-6-2012 12:43 AM

In before lots of users go all-out this year and two people end up with CTS :p

TC_Halogen 11-6-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3798471)
Yeah, you don't have to beat the 1.5 billion mark, just the next best person that day.

EHHS is another song you can get 1.5 billion on. There are actually a whole bunch, although VS Boss Battle may be one of the easiest.

VS Boss Battle is certainly the least intensive of the high NPS songs, but the big problem with it is that it really lacks in pattern variation. I was playing it just to get 100 million in a day and I picked up temporary pattern blocks on it after only about 15 plays, haha.

EHHS is definitely your best bet in terms of consistency, because it does change up enough for your mind to realize where you are. :p

chez-the-guy 11-6-2012 02:08 AM

I would join but since I'm in Japan, I'm like 14 or 15 hours ahead of server time (Server time is 2:07 AM, my time is 5:07 PM). I could do it on the 17th where I am, but then it wouldn't be on the 17th for you guys. I can only do it on my Saturday and not my Sunday, and when it's Sunday over here it would probably still be Saturday in server time x.x

i heart candy 11-6-2012 02:16 AM

y cant it be stepmania?

awein999 11-6-2012 05:14 AM

Tentatively sign me up. I'm a 35% chance to compete atm. If Doss does this it's higher.

Edit: donating 100k credz to be added all to first place prize.

MopeyJoe 11-6-2012 07:08 AM

If Dossar competes in this, I might as well not even try. Or rather, I might as well mash my keyboard for 24 consecutive hours on EHHS or something.